By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's Party Of Graphics & Tech (9th Generation)

Around the Network

Thumbs up, Angelus! I am actually playing A Plague Tale, just a little too busy to post, with just moving back into my place after renovation and being in FL for the past 3 weeks. :P

I stressed how this gen would go, and now that they are finallysharing some of these goods with you guys, you can see why I was trying to prepare you...

That has just about all of the key features I said would be coming to characters this gen. Ex. High quality, 4096x4096 maps, vellus hairs, and advanced skin deformation are all at play here.

Unrecord is a game that gives the players the perspective of a body cam. Man, this looks insane!

I'm not sure what engine it's on. I think it's Unreal Engine 5, but if someone find out, please let me know.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Unrecord is a game that gives the players the perspective of a body cam. Man, this looks insane!

I'm not sure what engine it's on. I think it's Unreal Engine 5, but if someone find out, please let me know.

It is and man the combination of UE5's capabilities, the bodycam aesthetic and usage of clever tricks and high quality animations makes it look super realistic. I won't be surprised if this never actually comes out but the fact realistic visuals this convincing is possible now is nuts.

Around the Network

Yep, I love the style!

Looked almost real until I caught eye of the screen space reflections and the torch not drawing shadows properly, but outside of that it looked great.

Also got to remember that the dev put in their own effort for this, it's not entirely all on the engine alone.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Looking forward to hear Digital Foundry complaining that "it is not raytracing".

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Looks like the social screen of a VR game. Is this getting a VR version?

SvennoJ said:

Looks like the social screen of a VR game. Is this getting a VR version?

It's not getting a VR version now, that much we know.