By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2022

One new game this time around. Also, going to cut down some of the text where I talk about each game, except with the new games I add, just so this comment doesn't start getting too unwieldy with more and more games added. 

Finished Games:

1. Luigi's Mansion (Switch) My Rating: 8/10
    • Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) My Rating: 9/10
    • Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
  3. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
  4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard of these days. Likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around.
  6. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues.
  7. Elden Ring (PS4) My Rating: 10/10
    • An absolutely exceptional game, and unless something truly incredible comes out, likely going to end up as my game of the year and very high on my all-time favourite games list as well. The best open-world game ever made.
  8. Ara Fell: Definitive Edition (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • A fun, light love letter to 16-bit JRPGs of old with a good story and characters, interesting setting, very good music, and a beautiful old-school visual style. 
  9. Lara Croft Go (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Just a well-designed, fairly short puzzle game with a Tomb Raider skin slapped on top. The difficulty curve is a bit all over the place, but otherwise I have no major issues with the game.
  10. Hue (PC) My Rating: 7/10
    • A fun, fairly straightforward puzzle platformer that revolves around changing the color of the world itself to solve the puzzles. Nothing exceptional, but I enjoyed my time with it.
  11. Spiritfarer (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • One of the best games I've played in recent times. An absolutely gorgeous game with wonderfully written story and characters.
  12. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • A beautiful action-adventure game, with a unique setting and story.
  13. Abzû (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • A wonderful, relaxing, and tranquil experience. Very much like Journey in a lot of ways, though perhaps lacks some of its grandeur and beauty.
  14. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Decided to replay The Lost Legacy for the first time, and it's still a great game. Perhaps a bit behind the very best games in the series, but not by a lot.
  15. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Honestly speaking, I was quite disappointed in Crash 4. Had a lot of issues with the platforming and level design.
  16. Code Vein (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    •  Of the Soulslike games not developed by FromSoftware, I probably like Code Vein the most. It's not as deep in terms of gameplay or lore, but I had plenty of fun with it regardless.
  17. Bioshock (PS4) My Rating: 8.5/10
    • First time ever playing this one as well. Obviously, the twist had long since been spoiled for me, but I found the world and story engaging anyway. I'll get around to the rest of the series at some point as well.
  18. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3) My Rating: 7.5 / 10
    • I decided to replay FFXIII for the first time since 2010, just to see if my opinion of it would change, and honestly I think it's a little better than I remembered. It's still one of the weaker mainline Final Fantasy games, but there's is a genuinely intriguing world and story to be found here, and the characters are actually well-developed and go through a proper arc over the course of the game. It's just a shame the game is really bad at telling its own story in a clear manner. The battle system has a lot of depth as well, but isn't without it's issues either, and every other element is the same. The game's linearity wouldn't be so bad, if the character progression wasn't also entirely linear and lacking in player choice. A lot of potential held back by odd design choices and convoluted execution. I still like it, but somewhere here there's a great game buried under too much useless clutter.

Currently Playing:

1. Vagrant Story (PS1)
  2. Stardew Valley (PC)
  3. Command & Conquer Remastered (PC)
  4. Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition (PC)

Around the Network

1. Treasure of the Rudras (Super Famicom)
2. Borderlands The Pre Sequel (PC)
3. Elden Ring (PC)
4. Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster (PC)
5. Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster (PC)
6. Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster (PC)
7. Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster (PC)
8. Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC)
9. Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster (PC)
10. Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU)

Currently working on:
Live A Live (Switch)

Very JRPG-heavy so far this year.

Mandalore76 said:

Games Completed 2022:

Infernax (Nintendo Switch)

Big Rumble Creed Champions Boxing (Nintendo Switch)

Zelda Randomizer (PC - completed a randomized seed using a Stalfos as the playable character)

Games Completed 2022:

Retro Bowl (Nintendo Switch) *all achievements completed

P-47 Aces (Arcade - played on the AtGames Legends Ultimate Deluxe Arcade Machine)

Persona 5 Strikers (Platinum)
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Elden Ring
FF Strangers of Paradise
Tales of Arise (Platinum)
God of War (Platinum)
Disgaea 6 Complete (Platinum)

Soul Hackers 2 (Good ending)

I finished Soul Hackers 2 now with the good ending through some luck. Platinum requires 2 playthroughs, which I am not about at all. The game overall was quite fun and enjoyable with a few gripes.

Next up is the Diofeld Chronicle, so I have some time to rest.

Just Finished: Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5)

So I owe a few people an apology. Whenever I saw posters claim that Sackboy was a Super Mario 3D World clone I'd be quick to point out that Ratchet and Clank All 4 One was a co-op 3d platformer first. Now having played Sackboy I understand better that it used the Wii U Mario game as a template. I also played Mario 3D World on the Switch earlier this year (more on that later). With that out of the way I have to say that I was still pleasantly surprised by Sackboy A Big Adventure. It is one of the first games I completed on my new PS5 which feels strange because I could have bought and played the game on my PS4 without shelling out for the new hardware, but I think it is a charming launch title nonetheless. I played this game through online co-op with my friend. The online play works very smooth and it is very easy to jump in and there is little to no lag. The load tiems are also super fast. I am a fan of LIttleBigPlanet (played the original, the PSP version, the Vita version, and 3) so I was a little confused by the announcement of this 3D spinoff with no creating or sharing elements. Sumo Digital did a great job crafting these levels with care and creativity. I actually liked the floaty controls. Smacking enemies and other players felt just as satisfying as before.  The game had just the right difficulty cure. I really liked the music remix levels that use licensed songs like "Let's Dance", "Toxic", and "Uptown Funk", which I think was inspired by Rayman Legends. The story is pretty standard stuff for this franchise. Sackboy is stil adorable and looks better than ever. The music and voice acting are really strong too, especially for the main villain Vex played by Academy Award nominated actor Richard E Grant. The game doesn't really do anything too new or risky though. Some of the implementation of different mechanics feels inconsistent. Some of the costumes are fun but the best ones are offered as free DLC. I still miss some of the creation and customization elements found in LBP. The game should have been called Sackboy A LittleBig Adventure.

Score: 8/10

Full Completed 2022 List:

• Far Cry 5 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
  • inFamous 2 (PS Now)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NSO)
  • Bioshock 2 (PS4)
  • Ico (PS Now)
  • Knack (PS4)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (PS4)
  • Astro's Playroom (PS5)
  • Bully (PS4)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (PS5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Persona 5 Strikers (Platinum)
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Elden Ring
FF Strangers of Paradise
Tales of Arise (Platinum)
God of War (Platinum)
Disgaea 6 Complete (Platinum)
Soul Hackers 2 (Good ending)

The Diofield Chronicle (Platinum)

I finished The Diofield Chronicle with the platinum, since it was very easy to get. My 8th JRPG finished for the year. Overall the entire game was very easy as well. I am not sure what they wanted to accomplish with such an easy gameplay. The only thing I can think of is to try and be more accessible. It was still a fun game with interesting characters. The MC that you play as and follow is a Mary Sue, but also pretty awesome. While the conversations and plot might seem simple at a glance, the story has huge depth. Reading the library really helps flesh out the characters and nuances. The 3 other main characters all have their own ambitions and flaws, so the story unfurls in interesting ways. I always enjoy a fantasy story with countries facing off against each other, the map even gets updated to paint the picture clearly with important plot points as well. A solid short and sweet game, but with some flaws, so I would have to agree with the general consensus coming from the reviewers. It isn't quite to the level of Dynasty Tactics 2 or other Koei Tecmo games, but it is a good step for SE in the strategy RPG direction.

None so far. Trying to get back into gaming. The only ones i'm playing right now are Ghost of Tsushima and Nier: Replicant.

Finished another replay of Dishonored, which has become a bi-yearly tradition since it launched in 2012 it seems.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Need a dopamine hit to give a shit

8th update (114 completed games):

Games I've finished in 2022:

The Gunk (Game Pass)
The Pedestrian (Game Pass)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Hitman 3 (Game Pass)
Last Stop (Game Pass)
Contrast (Game Pass)
Telling Lies (Game Pass)
Astria Ascending (Game Pass)
Who's Your Daddy
Promesa
Serious Sam 4 (Game Pass)
F1 2020 (Game Pass)
#SinucaAttack
Dadish
Dadish 2
Horizon Chase Turbo
Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2
Dishonored 2 (Game Pass)
Dishonored - Death of the Outsider (Game Pass)
Stories Untold
Forza Horizon 3
Nexoria: Dungeon Rogue Heroes
Narita Boy (Game Pass)
0 Degrees
Dungeon Escape
Squad Killers
Hellbreachers
Race with Ryan (Game Pass)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Game Pass)
Rainswept
Golf Peaks
Super Soccer Blast
Watch Dogs: Legion
A Memoir Blue (Game Pass)
Life is Strange: True Colors (Game Pass)
Streets of Rage 4 (Game Pass)
Halo 2 Anniversary (Game Pass)
The Spectrum Retreat
The Suicide of Rachel Foster
The Wild at Heart (Game Pass)
Bugsnax (Game Pass)
Gravel
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising (Game Pass)
Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry
Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Dry Twice
Omno (Game Pass)
Nexomon
Deponia
The Psychoduck
House Flipper (Game Pass)
11-11 Memories Retold
Slap the Rocks
inbento
Tony and Clyde
Chaos on Deponia
Bloodroots (Game Pass)
Indiecalypse
Nexomon: Extinction
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Game Pass)
Rush Rally Origins
Matchpoint: Tennis Championships (Game Pass)
AO Tennis 2
My Friend Peppa Pig (Game Pass)
Goodbye Deponia
Divination
Hyposphere: Rebirth
The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
Deponia Doomsday
PowerWash Simulator (Game Pass)
Raji: An Ancient Epic (Game Pass)
Chess Knights: Shinobi
Rayland
The Journey Down: Chapter Two
The Journey Down: Chapter Three
Kaze and the Wild Masks
Avenging Spirit
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
Boyfriend Dungeon (Game Pass)
My Hidden Things
Ball laB
DuckTales (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
TaleSpin (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
Darkwing Duck (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
DuckTales 2 (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 (as part of The Disney Afternoon Collection)
Road 96 (Game Pass)
Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition (Game Pass)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated
Hades (Game Pass)
As Dusk Falls (Game Pass)
Bright Memory: Infinite
Minigolf Adventure
LEGO Builder's Journey
Aquadine
Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Game Pass)
The Smurfs: Mission Vileaf
Mighty Goose (Game Pass)
Marsupilami: Hoobadventure
IIN
Space Science Investigations
Square Keeper
Kid Ball Adventure
Tinykin (Game Pass)
Castle Walker
Crimson Spires
A Sketchbook About Her Sun
Quintus and the Absent Truth
Immortals Fenyx Rising (Game Pass)
Roar of Revenge
One Piece: World Seeker
Chefy-Chef
PAW Patrol: Grand Prix (Game Pass)
Her Story (Game Pass PC)

Currently working on:

Metal: Hellsinger (Game Pass)
AVICII Invector
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (Game Pass)

• Pokemon Legends Arceus
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Fire Emblem Shadows of Valentia
  • Live A Live
  • Skyward Sword HD
  • Earthbound
  • Luigi's Mansion

Haven't even touched my backlog. I need to stop buying games

Last edited by Poliwrathlord - on 08 October 2022