By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2022

Signalstar said:

Just Finished: Astro's Playroom (PS5)

Yes, that means I have managed to acquire a PS5 at last. Say what!? A friend of mine helped me buy it (bundled with Horizon Forbidden West) online at retail price. Astro's Playroom is a wonderful introduction to the PS5. The game is a sneaky piece of PlayStation propaganda and product placement. I enjoyed finding all the references to PlayStation 1st and 3rd party characters. The visuals are charming and the game runs as smooth as butter. The traditional controls are tight and responsive but the game goes above and beyond to make the most out of the Dualsense's unique features. There are many things to collect and a bit of replay value. This is one of the most charming and outright fun games Sony Japan has produced in a long time. The only problem of course is that the game is too short because it really more like a fleshed out tech demo. I can't wait to see what Team Asobi does next.

Score: 8/10

Full Completed 2022 List:

• Far Cry 5 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 6 (PS4)
  • inFamous 2 (PS Now)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NSO)
  • Bioshock 2 (PS4)
  • Ico (PS Now)
  • Knack (PS4)
  • Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (PS4)
  • Astro's Playroom (PS5)

I know it was a big deal when the PS5 first came out but I'm kinda surprised more people aren't talking about Astro's Playroom. It's still one of the best uses of the Dualshock, an ode to nostalgia on multiple levels, and a simple but fun platformer in its own right. and it's free. Seriously so good. It deserved all its love. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:

Finished Dark Souls 3 story, working on getting the platinum. 

yeah you have fun with that. Dark Souls III is one of my favourite games ever but hot damn the platinum is a slog unless you are really good at PVP. 

There are trophies for different endings, so you have to beat the game multiple times. 

There are trophies that literally require multiple playthroughs as well because some of the items/quests have opposing faction requirements. 

The spell related trophies (Faith and Sorcery) require covenant upgrades that either require dozens of hours of grinding for covenant items or immaculate PVP capability. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE the game (it's my favourite of the trilogy and a rare 9.6 on my rating scale), but hot damn is the platinum quest an absolute nightmare. Please be aware of what you're getting into so you don't accidentally find yourself resenting the game. I'd say it's easily the hardest and most annoying of the Fromsouls games to platinum. Actually, all three Dark Souls games have similar requirements, but 1 and 2 aren't as bad. Demon's Souls is pretty straightforward, Bloodborne is a breeze, Sekiro has some tricky trophies that require multiple playthroughs but is overall not terrible. Elden Ring is basically 'beat all the bosses, get three endings, collect a list of certain items', which can all be done with a single run with no missable trophies as long as you're smart and do a save scum or two. (I'm working on getting the platinum a second time becuase I love Elden Ring)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Fei-Hung said:
Fei-Hung said:

Just going to rewrite it. The reply thingy ain't showing up properly with previous posts.

Jan:
1) FF7R
2) Mass Effect 1
3) Mass Effect 2
4) Mass Effect 3

Feb:
5) P5S
6) Uncharted 4
7) Uncharted Lost Legacy
8) Tiny Tina Assault on Dragonskeep

March:
9) Elden Ring
10) Far Cry 6
11) Horizon Forbidden West

June:

12) FF SoP

July:

13) Tales of Arise

14) Panzar Dragoon Remake

15) Stray

16) Man of Medan

17) GoT Iki island DLC

Fei-Hung said:
Fei-Hung said:

Weird, my quote thing isn't working either, but: 

How did you like Iki Island? Ghost of Tsushima really was a truly amazing game. I took way too long to get into it. That and Horizon both are proof that Sony can really make new IP. So happy. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Two games to add this time.

Finished Games:

1. Luigi's Mansion (Switch) My Rating: 8/10
    • Played through this game with my fiancée. Not sure if I would have liked it as much playing by myself, but in co-op it was a lot of fun. Not among the console's best games, but certainly enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) My Rating: 9/10
    • I actually finished this game last year, but I realized I forgot to put it in last year's list, so it's here now. It's great. Probably the best 3D Mario game ever, or at least very close to it.
  3. Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • An absolutely brilliant tactical RPG. Likely the first game I've beaten this year that'll end up in my top 50 list of all time at the end of the year. It's not quite as good as the first game in the series, but it's not far off.
  4. The Last of Us Part II (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Pretty much just flew through this one in less than a week, which considering my work schedule is almost unheard these days. An excellent game. Not sure whether I like this or the first game more. The rating might even go up once I've had some time to think on it, and now that I have finally played it I still have no idea what some people's problem with the game was, outside of the obvious idiots getting angry at game having a diverse cast. Regardless, this is another game that's likely going to end up in my top 50 at the end of the year.
  5. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) My Rating: 9.5/10
    • Because of Forbidden West's impending release I wanted to go back and replay Zero Dawn, just to remind myself of the story and characters. Since that first playthrough I've considered Zero Dawn to be the best open world game of all time, and not much changed on my second go-around. The story, world, character, gameplay, visuals and music are all still amazing, and the only issues I have with the game are minor ones, like the inventory space being a bit too small for my liking. 
  6. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • Or the game that just never ends. I liked DQXI quite a lot, though it is not without its issues. The main character has about as much emotional depth as a plank of wood, which ends up hurting some otherwise very well done emotional moments with the other characters. The game also has an unfortunate tendency to stretch things needlessly to pad the run time. The music was quite forgettable as well. However, otherwise this is still a quality JRPG, but not one I'll probably be returning to in the future.  
  7. Elden Ring (PS4) My Rating: 10/10
    • An absolutely exceptional game, and unless something truly incredible comes out, likely going to end up as my game of the year and very high on my all-time favourite games list as well. The gameplay, the world itself, the story behind the events of the game, the sheer amount of engaging and interesting stuff to do and find in The Lands Between, the visual design, music, and so many other things about Elden Ring are simply impeccable. It's not quite a perfect game, not that there is such a thing, but there are a few minor negatives as well. One of the late game areas is ridiculously frustrating, couple of the optional dungeons aren't very fun, and a few of the bosses in the end-game feel a bit unfair at times. Overall, this is still without question the best open world game I've ever played. 
  8. Ara Fell: Definitive Edition (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • A fun, light love letter to 16-bit JRPGs of old with a good story and characters, interesting setting, very good music, and a beautiful old-school visual style. For the roughly 16 hours I spent playing through it, I very much enjoyed Ara Fell. The normal battles do start getting a bit tiresome by the last quarter of the game once I had unlocked all the skill upgrades, but other than that I don't really have any major issues with it. Check it out if old-school JRPGs are your thing.
  9. Lara Croft Go (PC) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Needed something different after so many huge games and JRPGs. It had been a while since I'd played any puzzle games, and Lara Croft Go was on sale, so I bought and played through it over the last week. Just a well-designed, fairly short puzzle game with a Tomb Raider skin slapped on top. The difficulty curve is a bit all over the place, but otherwise I have no major issues with the game.
  10. Hue (PC) My Rating: 7/10
    • A fun, fairly straightforward puzzle platformer that revolves around changing the color of the world itself to solve the puzzles. Nothing exceptional, but I enjoyed my time with it.
  11. Spiritfarer (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • One of the best games I've played in recent times. An absolutely gorgeous game with wonderfully written story and characters. I played it through in co-op, and both I and my fiancée loved it. In between the heavier moments with the characters there are a lot of fun chores to do, each with their own minor variations to the gameplay loop. 
  12. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • A beautiful action-adventure game, with a unique setting and story. The characters end up feeling a bit distant even at the end, but I still liked them. Just needed a bit more added to them. The gameplay is good, if somewhat derivative of other similar games. For a studio's first game this is an excellent title. Looking forward to what Ember Labs brings out next.
  13. Abzû (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    • A wonderful, relaxing, and tranquil experience. Very much like Journey in a lot of ways, though perhaps lacks some of its grandeur and beauty. Regardless, a great game that you can finish in a single sitting.
  14. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) My Rating: 9/10
    • Decided to replay The Lost Legacy for the first time, and it's still a great game. Chloe and Nadine are excellent in the main roles, the gameplay is a lot of fun, and the setting is beautiful and interesting. Perhaps a bit behind the very best games in the series, but not by a lot.
  15. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4) My Rating: 7.5/10
    • Honestly speaking, I was quite disappointed in Crash 4. I'm not sure why, but I can't recall ever having as many problems with perspective in a 3D platformer. I died so many times because I had jumped either too soon or too late and hit an obstacle, and this often happened repeatedly with the exact same obstacles. I also didn't think the levels were all that great, and the difficulty also felt very uneven. I don't remember having these issues with the original Crash games, but perhaps time has gilded those memories.
  16. Code Vein (PS4) My Rating: 8/10
    •  Of the Soulslike games not developed by FromSoftware, I probably like Code Vein the most. It's not as deep in terms of gameplay or lore, but I had plenty of fun with it regardless. Basically if Dark Souls had an anime aesthetic and a more easily accessible story, you'd get Code Vein. A nice way to stave off the Elden Ring withdrawal symptoms.
  17. Bioshock (PS4) My Rating: 8.5/10
    • First time ever playing this one as well. Obviously, the twist had long since been spoiled for me, but I found the world and story engaging anyway. I'll get around to the rest of the series at some point as well.

Currently Playing:

1. Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
  2. Stardew Valley (PC)
  3. Command & Conquer Remastered (PC)
  4. Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition (PC)

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:

2022 completions:

1. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - Neutral, NG+ True Neutral
  2. Serious Sam 4 (Xbox Series X)
  3. AI: The Somnium Files (Xbox Series X) - 1000G
  4. Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX 2 (Xbox Series X)
  5. COGEN: Sword of Rewind (Xbox Series X)
  6. Elden Ring (Xbox Series X) - 1000G
  7. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (Xbox Series X)
  8. Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc (Xbox Series X)
  9. Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair (Xbox Series X)
  10. Azure Striker Gunvolt (Xbox Series X)
  11. Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (Xbox Series X)

2021 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9260905

2020 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9092024

2019 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950250

2018 list: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8950254

+ Azure Striker Gunvolt 3 (Xbox Series X)

So far:

Kirby And The Forgotten Land (Switch)
Eastwards (Switch)
To The Moon (Switch)
Chrono Cross: Radical Dreamers (Switch)
Valkyrie Profile (PSX), I don't understand the praise for this game.
Triangle Strategy (Switch)
Secret of Mana (SNES)
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (PSX)
Ghostwire Tokyo (PS5)
Langrisser (PS4)
Wasteland 3 (PS4)
Cuphead (Switch)

the-pi-guy said:

Thought It'd be fun to give a minor update since you warned me. 

I am not worried about the three playthroughs. I actually really love doing that. In large part, because I take a really long time with my first playthrough and then my second/third playthroughs are usually 5x faster. At least that was the case with the first game.  

The really sucky thing for DS3 is doing the covenants. 4 of them are pretty easy. One of the other two, is so far, worse than I expected. They seem to basically require killing two specific enemies several hundred (thousand) times. Everything else about the platinum is fine for me. 

Going to pace myself a bit by making progress in between farming. 

I'm not too bugged by it. I'm currently at 60 hours for DS3, whereas my Dark Souls 1 platinum took me like 150 hours.  Mostly because that first playthrough took a very long time to get into. 

Still having fun. And as I said, I will only do this once and then never again. 

Good to hear it! I did forget the "Rings" trophy, which requires you to beat The Nameless King on NG+2. I never found Nameless to be THAT difficult so this wasn't a problem for me, but I imagine a lot of people don't care for it. 

Because a lot of the rings require you to play on NG+ and NG+2, since they literally don't exist in NG. as in, they don't spawn unless you are on your second or third cycles. Again, not a deal breaker (I found the covenant grinding items to be far more annoying and tedious)

Either way, good to see you're taking it all well. I would hate for someone to resent the game for its ludicrous achievement requirements. Then again, all of the Dark Souls games require either save scumming to get multiple endings or up to NG+3 for various reasons. Multiple endings, each with a different trophy, many situations where you can only do one covenant per run and you need multiuple covenants to get all the spell/ability achievements, etc. Any other game pulls this shit and I'm like 'nah, I'm good', but I have to get the plat on all the FromSoft games.  It is decided! Demon's Souls Remastered, Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls III, Bloodborne, sekiro Shadows Die Twice, and Elden Ring. got em all, and every one of them is in my list of my most proud gaming achievements! 

Glad you're having fun! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

1. Final Fantasy XIV Online [ PC ] - Stormblood 4.1 - 4.5 / Shadowbringers - 5.5 / Endwalker 6.1
(A Realm Reborn - Heavensward - Stormblood) - 9 ~ 10
(Shadowbringers) - 7 ~ 8
(Endwalker) - 6

2. WarioWare: Get It Together! [ Switch ] - 7.5
3. Castlevania: Circle of the Moon ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10
4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 8
5. Dolphin Blue - 8
6. Metal Slug 6 - 8
7. Pokemon Legends Arceus [ Switch ] - 6.5
8. Kirby and the Forgotten Land [ Switch ] - 8
9. Genital Jousting [ PC ] - 7
10. Tales of Arise [ PC ] - 5
11. Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut - 8.5
12. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze ( Replay ) [ Switch ] - 10
13. Annalynn [ PC ] 
14. Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children + White Lion and Black Witch Episode [ PC ] - 9

15-21. CAPCOM Beat 'Em Up Bundle [ Switch ]
Final Fight - 6
Captain Commando - 8
The King of Dragons - 7
Knights of the Round - 6.5
Warriors of Fate - 5
Armored Warriors - 10
Battle Circuit - 8.5

22 - 24. Valis the Fantasm Soldier Collection [ Switch ]
Valis: The Fantasm Soldier - 10
Valis II - 7
Valis III - 9