By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 12th Annual Greatest Games Event - Sign Up Thread

Mnementh said:

I summon thee, ghosts of participants past:

@Kresnik @Salnax @Iveyboi @NobleTeam360 @green_sky @Moren @BraLoD @theRepublic 

I'm in, thanks for the heads up!

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

@trash_panda

I have additional questions:

1) What does 48 + 12,867,333,441,200,991,002 + 9 equal?

2) What does 0.94801423598713487513 to the third power X 7 + 2.948139087319083274 / pi equal?

3) I'd like the military time, so what's the the current PM time plus 12 since it's a PM hour right now?

These are questions involving addition.

(That's what ya get for switching to a Paddington avi just in time to avoid my otherwise inevitable annual funning of your raccoonness. I see how it is!)

Anyway, sign me up for the 12th-Greatest Annual Games Event!

Nobody really cares about my list, so I think this year I'll just post it all right away. I actually enjoyed this launch year for new consoles more than other console launch years I've experienced (...in gaming anyway...) and had six new games from this year that I wanted to include on my new list, but I could only justify five because there were so many other games that absolutely had to be there, so Deathloop didn't quite make it, but it was super close. It's #51 for the curious. Also added some games from last year that I just caught up on this year (including Hades, ScourgeBringer, and Sakuna!). I had a really tough time picking out older entries to eliminate and wish I could do a top 60 list at least this year. And Solar Ash would've been a consideration if it hadn't been delayed until December 4th to fix some bugs. I also also finally decided to replace The Great Giana Sisters with Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and move it to an advanced position just to be completely honest about my personal aesthetic bias in favor of that game despite its secondary design shortcomings.

Speaking of though, I actually do have one question about this year's lists: When it comes to listing the platforms we own a game for, I just keep things simple and name the platform I like playing the given title on the most to avoid clutter. But lots of PlayStation 4 games run better on the PlayStation 5, so I actually play them on that system nowadays, so...in cases like that, which should I list: the system the game was actually released for (PS4) or the one I actually play it on these days (PS5)?

Last edited by Jaicee - on 23 October 2021

Supermario28 said:

Count me in!

1 Super Mario
2 Super Marios
3 Super Marios
4 Super Marios
5 Super Marios
6 Super Marios
7 Super Marios
8 Super Marios
9 Super Marios
10 Super Marios
11 Super Marios
12 Super Marios
13 Super Marios
14 Super Marios
15 Super Marios
16 Super Marios
17 Super Marios
18 Super Marios
19 Super Marios
20 Super Marios
21 Super Marios
22 Super Marios
23 Super Marios
24 Super Marios
25 Super Marios
26 Super Marios
27 Super Marios
28 Super Marios

Jaicee said:
mZuzek said:

If you have any additional questions, send me a message, post on my wall, or mention me in a post. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

@trash_panda

I have additional questions:

1) What does 48 + 12,867,333,441,200,991,002 + 9 equal?

2) What does 0.94801423598713487513 to the third power X 7 + 2.948139087319083274 / pi equal?

3) I'd like the military time, so what's the the current PM time plus 12 since it's a PM hour right now?

These are questions involving addition.

(That's what ya get for switching to a Paddington avi just in time to avoid my otherwise inevitable annual funning of your raccoonness. I see how it is!)

Anyway, sign me up for the 12th-Greatest Annual Games Event!

Nobody really cares about my list, so I think this year I'll just post it all right away. I actually enjoyed this launch year for new consoles more than other console launch years I've experienced (...in gaming anyway...) and had six new games from this year that I wanted to include on my new list, but I could only justify five because there were so many other games that absolutely had to be there, so Deathloop didn't quite make it, but it was super close. It's #51 for the curious. Also added some games from last year that I just caught up on this year (including Hades, ScourgeBringer, and Sakuna!). I had a really tough time picking out older entries to eliminate and wish I could do a top 60 list at least this year. And Solar Ash would've been a consideration if it hadn't been delayed until December 4th to fix some bugs. I also also finally decided to replace The Great Giana Sisters with Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams and move it to an advanced position just to be completely honest about my personal aesthetic bias in favor of that game despite its secondary design shortcomings.

Speaking of though, I actually do have one question about this year's lists: When it comes to listing the platforms we own a game for, I just keep things simple and name the platform I like playing the given title on the most to avoid clutter. But lots of PlayStation 4 games run better on the PlayStation 5, so I actually play them on that system nowadays, so...in cases like that, which should I list: the system the game was actually released for (PS4) or the one I actually play it on these days (PS5)?

1. 1.2867333e+19

2. 2.83828264588

3. Well unfortunately its the AM now so its just 027 i think

i got rly bored

I was wondering when this would show up again. I am in.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Apparently, I've been summoned. Sign me up.

Jaicee said:

Nobody really cares about my list, so I think this year I'll just post it all right away. I actually enjoyed this launch year for new consoles more than other console launch years I've experienced (...in gaming anyway...) and had six new games from this year that I wanted to include on my new list, but I could only justify five because there were so many other games that absolutely had to be there, so Deathloop didn't quite make it, but it was super close. It's #51 for the curious. Also added some games from last year that I just caught up on this year (including Hades, ScourgeBringer, and Sakuna!).

Sakuna I have to try one of these days. I only fear, it is another of these games I lose weeks over.

Hades is a nice game, only it is not a genre I like. I like the aestethics, the game is well structured and it uses greek mythology, which I totally love. So I can see it's being a great game, yet not for me, as I am not good at fast paced stuff like that. Still I liked to play it for a while.

Luckily for me, a lot of new strategy games, some even turn-based bring me enjoyment. My list isn't fixed yet, but I assume King's Bounty II will worm it's way there, maybe even Phoenix Point, which I now played. Also I played now A Short Hike, and this will sure as hell make my list.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Time for some good oldfashioned summons of previous participants: @Raven @GoOnKid @KiigelHeart @LimaBean01 @OTBWY @Hynad @FarleyMcFirefly @Pajderman @rapsuperstar31 @Runa216 

Why haven't you signed up yet?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Sign me up.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I'm in! Gotta keep that combo going.