By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What you could get instead of Dread for the price?

Nintendo dares to release in 2021 a fun, exciting 2D game and demands $60 for it! The audacity!

Let's see, what you could get instead:

Do you have good ideas, what you could get for these $60 instead?

Last edited by Mnementh - on 12 October 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I could pay my rent.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I could wait until Dread is on sale for $40 and then pick up a $30 game that is on sale for $20. In fact that is exactly what I'll do! Or I'll forget all about Dread after a while and pick up Metroid Prime 4 with that $60 instead!

You could get Ni No Kuni and have money left.

I just started ni no kuni yesterday and in my opinion its a better game than metroid, better story, better voice acting, better writing, full 3d worlds, its a much longer game, more than double the length, better music and so on.

You could also get instead Skyward sword which I find also better than metroid but I'd stick to ni no kuni if you don't have it yet.

victor83fernandes said:

I just started ni no kuni yesterday and in my opinion its a better game than metroid, better story, better voice acting, better writing, full 3d worlds, its a much longer game, more than double the length, better music and so on.

You could also get instead Skyward sword which I find also better than metroid but I'd stick to ni no kuni if you don't have it yet.

In keeping with the theme of the OP, you made an equally absurd comparison. Well done sir!

Around the Network

With 60 USD I can buy myself a nice T-shirt, some jean pants and a pair of snickers I think

In fact I went to mall Sunday, could have done it. But bought Dread instead...

victor83fernandes said:

I feel like I live in bizarro world or something when I see so many people put stock into the story of Metroid games.  Where is this coming from?  They're isolationist games more than anything focusing on the environments, atmosphere, action, platforming, puzzles and at best lore in Metroid Prime's case.

Lube Me Up

McDonald's is fucking disgusting. They serve shit flavored poison. For $60 I can get a Pre-order in for Deathsmiles on Switch from Play-Asia

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I got the game for 50€, HA!

What could I get instead?
Several movies in IMAX.

Not a first party PS5 game.

Love and tolerate.