By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What you could get instead of Dread for the price?

Unfortunately you can't buy good opinions, and even if you could you would then no longer have the money to buy Metroid Dread, just the realisation you're missing out on a great experience. I guess ignorance is priceless.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Leynos said:

McDonald's is fucking disgusting. They serve shit flavored poison. For $60 I can get a Pre-order in for Deathsmiles on Switch from Play-Asia

Fuck these elitist haters. McDonald's is delicious. 

Rarely eaten there but each time was miserable. In HS me and a friend got a burger. Got back to school. He took a bite and was very pink inside it. He vomited.  A year later it was the only place on long road trip. We went through drive through. All got food poisoning. I didn't touch them until about 2014 me and my mom went to one in a Walmart.  I figured hard to mess up chicken. It was the hardest piece of chicken patty ever with no taste. They gave me no sauce or lettuce on the buns and the buns were stale. Not long ago I read those touch screen drink machines have a lot of fecal matter on them as people don't wash their hands. So literal shit and poison is what that place serves.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For $60 I could buy another Switch game that was actually fun.

Watched a few minutes of Dread on twitch yesterday. Not gonna lie it looks great. But a 2D Metroid that probably takes like 10-12 hours to play through ain't worth $60 to me. I really hope there will be a sale sometime next year to drop it to $40. Too much backlog to spend $60 on a 10 hour experience. Plenty of games on Switch I want to pick up just as much as Dread that are like $20 and occasionally $10-$15 on sale.

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

Fuck these elitist haters. McDonald's is delicious. 

Rarely eaten there but each time was miserable. In HS me and a friend got a burger. Got back to school. He took a bite and was very pink inside it. He vomited.  A year later it was the only place on long road trip. We went through drive through. All got food poisoning. I didn't touch them until about 2014 me and my mom went to one in a Walmart.  I figured hard to mess up chicken. It was the hardest piece of chicken patty ever with no taste. They gave me no sauce or lettuce on the buns and the buns were stale. Not long ago I read those touch screen drink machines have a lot of fecal matter on them as people don't wash their hands. So literal shit and poison is what that place serves.

Based on my personal experiences and the volume of business, your experiences to the extent they are not exaggrerated are anomalous. You could argue that people have bad taste, but seriously doubt people are repeatedly going to give themselves food poisoning.

As for fecal matter, pretty much anything that people touch is going to have bacteria that is also found in fecal matter (don't believe they'd be able to test to see if that's exactly where it came from). So if you are against any form of self services, then fine but not a McDonalds issue. The touch machines are actually far safer in that regard because nothing you're touching should actually be touching the nozzle the drink comes out of. But, if you're really that concerned, ask for a drink from the cashier directly (most restaurants should have one behind the counter for drive thru orders) as less people touch it and employees should be washing their hands. Of course there's always bottled water. 

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:

Watched a few minutes of Dread on twitch yesterday. Not gonna lie it looks great. But a 2D Metroid that probably takes like 10-12 hours to play through ain't worth $60 to me. I really hope there will be a sale sometime next year to drop it to $40. Too much backlog to spend $60 on a 10 hour experience. Plenty of games on Switch I want to pick up just as much as Dread that are like $20 and occasionally $10-$15 on sale.

Well, you're free to value games however you like, but for me personally, time is more of a limit on my gaming than money. I would prefer 10 great hours (about as long as it took me) to something that is longer, but with a lot of boring dead time and grinding. Of course, I'm not opposed to a long game that is all good stuff, but I haven't found that many games longer than 20-25 hours that don't have a large about of grind. 

McDonald's is alright, but is not Carl's Jr. level of alright.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

I could pay my rent.

Where the hell do you live?!?

I could buy 3 games of bowling with my Dad so I can kick his butt again!

Edit: Plus a 16” pizza with two large drinks.

Slownenberg said:

It has very high replayability. On my second playthrough in hard mode and not getting bored.