By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Really Is Out of Touch

CaptainExplosion said:

Please, someone just close this thread. It's become bogged down by corporate Nintendo defenders who think I'm OK WITH SOME PROFITING FROM SWITCH ROMS ON A ROM SITE WHEN I'M NOT.

Stop whining. You could've easily made the point about legacy games without even bringing up the pirated roms. So you already set the course in the OP and undermined your own argument by conflating it with piracy.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

How is that shortsightedness?

CaptainExplosion said:
Agente42 said:

Virtual Console on wii it´s good money, have one problem: compete with new games. Nintendo sacrifice virtual console for sales of new games( indies and AAA titles have increased sales)

That's a stupid reason for getting rid of Virtual Console. What's next, killing off all of Nintendo's IPs except Mario so that they'll sell more Mario?

Agreed. The rumors say have not full agreement, and some Nintendo devs and teams want Virtual Console back. 

I love virtual Console and want one system where you can migrate for the new system and migrate entirely Virtual Console library. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Mnementh said:

Stop whining. You could've easily made the point about legacy games without even bringing up the pirated roms. So you already set the course in the OP and undermined your own argument by conflating it with piracy.

That's why I want this thread closed. Now it's just being used to humiliate me and glorify corporate shortsightedness.

Hey, I am with you, that Nintendo doesn't do well with their legacy games. But that doesn't mean I put that down at that they sued this ROM-site.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Ignoring the long-term benefits to their customers in favor of short-term financial benefits to themselves. I bet they'd have profited more on Virtual Console in the long run if they had it on Switch to begin with, instead of a substandard subscription system.

You don't even know how much profit they made with VC and how much they're making now with NSO.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

Ignoring the long-term benefits to their customers in favor of short-term financial benefits to themselves. I bet they'd have profited more on Virtual Console in the long run if they had it on Switch to begin with, instead of a substandard subscription system.

You continue to amaze me.  You have it literally backwards.

VC=short term (one time sale)

Subscription=long term (continous revenue)

Take an economics class, seriously 

26,000,000 members for Nintendo online.

$20 a year is $520,000,000 a year in CONTINUED revenue....  and growing

Again I loathe subscriptions, but it is a highly profitable long term flow of cash.  Sony makes a killing from PSN.  I get why they do it.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 20 August 2021

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

I don't know why it has taken this many decades for you guys to final realise something is wrong with the way Nintendo treats you.

Nintendo innovation strikes again.

DitchPlaya said:

I don't know why it has taken this many decades for you guys to final realise something is wrong with the way Nintendo treats you.

Nintendo ‘treats’ me just fine. Whatever that means anyway; they don’t know me. But that's because I only buy what I actually want and don't feel obligated or entitled to do/get/subscribe to anything myself.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 21 August 2021

S.Peelman said:
DitchPlaya said:

Nintendo ‘treats’ me just fine. Whatever that means anyway; they don’t know me. But that's because I only buy what I actually want and don't feel obligated or entitled to do/get/subscribe to anything myself.

Totally this, the heck DitchPlaya talking about? so many decades took us to notice how Nintendo treats us?, Nintendo has for the most part offered quality products including games and consoles that have become classics even if they had some trips along the way, and up until the wii, online wasn't something as prevalent as it is now, people clearly also didn't buy enough from that virtual console, no one i knew buyed from it for example, so they scrapped the idea along with others like having a bigger OS and having apps for netflix, crunchyroll and other services, and now they seem to be mostly focussing on the current games for the system itself, i also have greatly enjoyed the offerings from other companies in PC, Mac, SEGA, Arcades, PS and Xbox consoles etc., but i think the problem some people have here is thinking that "everyone should offer the same things", like all main console manufacturers should go the "super powerfull last tech console" even if they are having loses and selling it bellow the production costs, or "everyone should have the same online services", and while i agree to some extent that they could have some way to offer their old games, they aren't obligated to do anything in particular, and as S.Peelman says, i'm not obligated to buy something if don't like it and because i also "don't feel obligated or entitled to", that "i'm offended because someone/something did something i didn't like or something i wanted wasn't offered", and therefore it's bad and it should be ruined herd mentality must end.

Last edited by foxmccloud64 - on 22 August 2021

Wman1996 said:
Mandalore76 said:

While the Switch itself does need more legacy platform support added, their pricing structures that are still available on the Wii U and 3DS virtual consoles have at least been uniform.  All NES games are $4.99, all SNES games are $7.99, all N64 games are $9.99, etc.  Whereas the PlayStation Store prices vary on games from the same system.  Take PS1 for example, Suikoden is $5.99, but Suikoden II is $9.99.  Castlevania Chronicles is $5.99, but Castlevania Symphony of the Night is $9.99.  Tomb Raider 2 is $5.99, but the original Tomb Raider is $9.99?  Meanwhile, every Final Fantasy is $9.99, including Origins and Tactics.  It's like they purposely price the more popular games at 2x the price of the rest of the library.  That would be like if the Wii U and 3DS eShop charged $4.99 for Mario Bros, but $8.99 for Super Mario Bros, etc.

The same disparity pertains to the PS2 games listed on PSN.  Some games are $9.99, while other popular titles like Grand Theft Auto III & Red Dead Revolver are $14.99 for example.  

True. It is kind of nice to have uniform pricing (mostly) for Nintendo VC games.

Sony is more over the place, and with bigger price tiers.

Why is a price parity per system a good thing?

Why should a mediocre game for system x cost the same as a good game? Why should a good game for system x cost the same as a great game?

Why should a short game for system x cost the same as a long game for system x?

Why should an unpopular game for system x cost the same as a popular game for system x?