By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Really Is Out of Touch

Chrkeller said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Well then why can't they just give us LEGAL ALTERNATIVES to ROM sites THAT DON'T SUCK?

BECAUSE THEY MAKE MORE MONEY FROM SUBSCRIPTIONS!

So I just have to sit down and just take this kind of bullshit and lose all my Switch Online saves? How's that fair?

Around the Network

Jesus, you are impossible dude.

I don't think I should have to pay to play demon souls remake online on the ps5.... my options are pay or don't play.

Same options you have, unless you want to break the law.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Chrkeller said:

I don't think I should have to pay to play demon souls remake on the ps5.... my options are pay or don't play.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Well what about my option to pester Nintendo into bringing back Virtual Console? Enough people want it, and they have to cave to us eventually. That's how we got Samus Returns after Federation Farce.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

I don't think I should have to pay to play demon souls remake on the ps5.... my options are pay or don't play.

IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Well what about my option to pester Nintendo into bringing back Virtual Console? Enough people want it, and they have to cave to us eventually. That's how we got Samus Returns after Federation Farce.

Consumers dictate the market.  If people stop buying Nintendo then Nintendo will be forced to adjust...  but good luck, Nintendo is selling well thus there isn't much pressure for Nintendo to alter their strategy.

You are only taking a personal view and are refusing to view Nintendo as a business.  That is your problem. 

Chrkeller said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Consumers dictate the market.  If people stop buying Nintendo then Nintendo will be forced to adjust...  but good luck, Nintendo is selling well thus there isn't much pressure for Nintendo to alter their strategy.

You are only taking a personal view and are refusing to view Nintendo as a business.  That is your problem. 

It's not just my problem. Why can't Nintendo just make their next system backwards compatible with Switch Online? Didn't Microsoft do that sort of thing with Xbox GamePass between Xbox systems?

Around the Network

Oh I bet the "switch 2" will use switch online subscription. If you think switch 2 will have a wii like VC channel.... you will be disappointed.

Chrkeller said:

Oh I bet the "switch 2" will use switch online subscription. If you think switch 2 will have a wii like VC channel.... you will be disappointed.

I know that, but what I was asking was can't the "Switch 2" be backwards compatible with the original Switch's Switch Online subscription?

I'm more concerned about switch physical games being BC on the switch 2 than the subscription service.

I have a Wii U with all the VC titles I want.

Chrkeller said:

I'm more concerned about switch physical games being BC on the switch 2 than the subscription service.

I have a Wii U with all the VC titles I want.

I get what you're saying, but I wanted Virtual Console on Switch so that I could repurchase old games I loved so that I have more back up copies of them, and why I say Nintendo needs the Switch Online service to be BC on Switch 2.

Yes I have Super Mario RPG and EarthBound on Wii U, but the Wii U won't function forever.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

BECAUSE THEY MAKE MORE MONEY FROM SUBSCRIPTIONS!

So I just have to sit down and just take this kind of bullshit and lose all my Switch Online saves? How's that fair?

I have news for you: LIFE IS NOT FAIR! GET OVER IT!

Sorry that I had to break it to you.