By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOT: "Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut" for PS5/PS4 in August!!

This game was the best open world-experience of all time for me. And now, my dream comes true =)

Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut is coming for PlayStation 5 and PS4, this august!!!

With Iki Island Extension, co-op multiplayer mode and more.

Advantages of the PS5 version:

Lip sync for Japanese speech output
Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are supported
3D audio support
shorter loading times
4K resolution
60 FPS

If you already own "Ghost of Tsushima" for the PS4, you can transfer your save to the PS5 and pick up where you left off. For newcomers, the content on Iki will open with the beginning of the second act of "Ghost of Tsushima" after the Toyotama region has been reached. Some new updates are also being released for “Ghost of Tsushima: Legends” - including a new mode, which will be followed by more details in the coming weeks. All updates are available to owners of any version of "Ghost of Tsushima" on both platforms at no additional cost. Hope you understand my (bad) english. Thats good, cool infos :)

impressive trailer:

A true dream for Open World, Samurai/Ninja and Japan-Fans, cant wait! =) Have fun =)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 02 July 2021

Around the Network

I can't believe the people complaining about the pricing of this DLC and next gen upgrades. It's not ridiculous by any means, unless the content and effort come up short, which after GOT, and Legends (which was free btw), doesn't seem likely. This is PS Studios we're talking about here.

If you believe the pricing is too much, prior to having enough info, then you're clearly not faithful, and perhaps may have, no honor...

I bought the digital deluxe on launch and even tho I finished the game and platinumed it last year, i’m gonna buy the PS5 physical version of the game to play the expansion and enjoy all the enhancements in its fullest glory.

I think it's pricey for the upgrades u get. This is coming from nz. If u bought ps4 version u would have paid between 69 to 85 nzd. 30usd upgrade is about 60nzd dollars. It will probably be more. So for ps5 version u would be paying close to 150 nzd dollars max for a dlc and Res upgrade of 4k which wouldnt be native and a bump in Fps. They should bumped up quality of textures, lighting, shadow, Ray tracing and so on

That would have been a better offering. 

Ps4 version on ps5 already has haptic feedback, faster loading, 60fps, 4k. What graphical advancements are they adding to the ps5 version?

Around the Network
dane007 said:

I think it's pricey for the upgrades u get. This is coming from nz. If u bought ps4 version u would have paid between 69 to 85 nzd. 30usd upgrade is about 60nzd dollars. It will probably be more. So for ps5 version u would be paying close to 150 nzd dollars max for a dlc and Res upgrade of 4k which wouldnt be native and a bump in Fps. They should bumped up quality of textures, lighting, shadow, Ray tracing and so on

$109 New Zealand dollars at JB Hifi, or you can upgrade your PS4 copy. 

I know. That's still quite a bit for just Res bump and 60fps. It's cheaper to get ps4 version and pay a small fee to the dlc as there's no graphical improvement. I am looking at games that have been upgraded next gen where they do more than just res and Fps boost. They provide all of that plus extra content plus graphical upgrades for cheaper. 

kazuyamishima said:

dane007 said:

kazuyamishima said:
dane007 said:

we see who wants to "hate" (again) here, with a "greed is cool mentality" ^^ The price is good and the upgrade-option awesome. With the PS5 Dualsense Controller it becomes a unique feeling. Sony Games/DLCs almost always have a strong quality, Ghost of Tsushima alone cost around 100+ million US dollars to develop. My respect for so much love to detail, strong work. Funfact: The game has more effort & higher production costs than the last 7-8 Nintendo games combined xD

Definitely Day 1, it will be a breathtaking experience =) And 2 friends have not played it yet and are looking forward to their PS5 with this masterpiece, i'm so happy right now :D

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 02 July 2021

I'll buy this version (complete PS5) since I skipped the original release.

Is the legends expansion have matchmaking?

Hope The Last of Us Part II gets similar treatment with Factions added.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.