By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOT: "Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut" for PS5/PS4 in August!!

The upgrade is only $10. And its not mandatory. Aside from some dualsense fetures and upgraded cinematics we can easyly skip. 4k 60fps and faster loading was already upgraded for free a while ago. So not getting the $10 upgrade wont affect anything.

The dlc is worth $20. For the content offered it sounds pretty good. Althought we dont know how much actual content is there, judging by the base game itself we can assume it will be worth it. Also judging by the free dlc they offered before this has to be bigger to ask for $20.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed the game, but I'm not sure yet if I would want to play through it again. On my first play through I made sure to do everything before finishing it. I was content with my experience and not sure if I need more of it. If the reviews are good on the additional dlc I may look at it.

Advantages of the PS5 version:

Lip sync for Japanese speech output
Haptic feedback and adaptive triggers are supported
3D audio support
shorter loading times
4K resolution
60 FPS

Most of the items on this list are what I've expected from video games for a while now, to the point where I ended up staring at this list for a few seconds with a blank expression, wondering where the advantages were on this list of ordinary features.

Took me a few seconds to remember that this was on PS4, haha, I guess that is a pretty nice upgrade.

Well, grats. I suppose the game used to be 1080p, 30fps, with long loading times & without lip sync, but at least it will be normal now. I'll probably pick it up in a few years. What little I've seen of this game looked pretty nice.

EricHiggin said:

I can't believe the people complaining about the pricing of this DLC and next gen upgrades. It's not ridiculous by any means, unless the content and effort come up short, which after GOT, and Legends (which was free btw), doesn't seem likely. This is PS Studios we're talking about here.

If you believe the pricing is too much, prior to having enough info, then you're clearly not faithful, and perhaps may have, no honor...

I don't think anyone is moaning about the price of the DLC it's fairly standard in the pricing and expected the problem is the majority of companies are giving away free PS4>PS5 upgrades even the likes of EA and Ubisoft are doing this which people constantly trash for been greedy and anti-consumer. Sony didn't need to charge for this as people would of got a shiny new PS5 and want to revisit GoT and buy the expansion anyway without milking another $10 for some extra features.

I hope the tlou 2 gets the ps5 treatment like how tlou1 got the ps4 treatment. Tlou 1 on ps4 was a beautiful game and a big leap from the ps3 version. 

Signalstar said:

Hope The Last of Us Part II gets similar treatment with Factions added.

Around the Network

This is great! I purposely didnt buy it for PS4 knowing I wouldn't get to play it yet and by the time I will that a PS5 version would come out.

Next up up, TLoU2.

WoodenPints said:
EricHiggin said:

I can't believe the people complaining about the pricing of this DLC and next gen upgrades. It's not ridiculous by any means, unless the content and effort come up short, which after GOT, and Legends (which was free btw), doesn't seem likely. This is PS Studios we're talking about here.

If you believe the pricing is too much, prior to having enough info, then you're clearly not faithful, and perhaps may have, no honor...

I don't think anyone is moaning about the price of the DLC it's fairly standard in the pricing and expected the problem is the majority of companies are giving away free PS4>PS5 upgrades even the likes of EA and Ubisoft are doing this which people constantly trash for been greedy and anti-consumer. Sony didn't need to charge for this as people would of got a shiny new PS5 and want to revisit GoT and buy the expansion anyway without milking another $10 for some extra features.

Did you see what thouse other companies do? All they do is unlock the framerate to 60 and some games add native 4k. Thats not work at all. And ghost added that same supprt a few months back also for free. Thats not whats being added here. You are getting some actual work done on cinematic voice over and other shit. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Great, I held off on GoT to play of PS5, thanks to the PS5 shortage I'll be playing the director's cut all fresh. I'll be starting over with Tlou2 though, been too long by now. I stopped halfway to finish on PS5 but now I can't remember where I was anymore. PS5 still not available here (without checking twitters and whatnot)

Starting a new console generation with a huge backlog lol. Games are piling up.

Even SE gives you a free upgrade for FFVII.

This is Scummy from Sony.

But this game biased a lot of users, and it seems they will pay happily for the upgrade.

SE? Even EA gave away free upgrades of games... E fucking A.

Even ID under Bethesda, now a MS first party is giving away a free doom eternal upgrade.

Pretty horrendous.

They have time to change their policies though, if enough people make enough noise. More signs arrogant Sony is back.