By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope revealed for Switch, coming 2022

Metallox said:

Rosalina herself SHOULD absolutely appear in this game, I'll eat my Switch if she doesn't. Hopefully Yoshi does so, too.

I hope they get all the characters in the party earlier in this game. It was a bummer that Yoshi and RYoshi came in so late and you couldn't do much with them.

Around the Network

Now that we've seen gameplay, I like that they seem to have redesigned the combat into a hybrid of turn based and realtime instead of just copy-pasting the combat of Kingdom Battle.

I hope they make it easier than the first game though, my main gripe with Kingdom Battle was that as polished and well made as it was, I couldn't really enjoy it after a while as it was so punishing it became stressful and frustrating to play. Oh, and having to hit a button for easy mode (which was still too hard) manually before every battle was dumb as hell instead of letting us just set a difficulty to stay like, I dunno, almost every game ever.

Still, I don't mean to be too negative, it is really nice to see a third party investing in a Switch exclusive and clearly putting a lot of effort into it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 12 June 2021

Yeah, yeah, Ubisoft, we all got it. You love the Rabbids.

Just give Rayman the same love, all right?

Best part of the trailer:

curl-6 said:

Now that we've seen gameplay, I like that they seem to have redesigned the combat into a hybrid of turn based and realtime instead of just copy-pasting the combat of Kingdom Battle.

I hope they make it easier than the first game though, my main gripe with Kingdom Battle was that as polished and well made as it was, I couldn't really enjoy it after a while as it was so punishing it became stressful and frustrating to play. Oh, and having to hit a button for easy mode (which was still too hard) manually before every battle was dumb as hell instead of letting us just set a difficulty to stay like, I dunno, almost every game ever.

Still, I don't mean to be too negative, it is really nice to see a third party investing in a Switch exclusive and clearly putting a lot of effort into it.

What in the trailer makes you think it's real time?

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Well I read it on the fact sheet and now that I have I can see how you run around within a set area instead of along a pre-marked path.

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-fact-sheet-post-launch-content-confirmed/

" Use your Heroes’ skills in an innovative combat system, mixing turn-based tactics and real time action."

"Take control of your Heroes to dash your enemies, team jump on your allies, hide behind cover…and make the best out of your turn."

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Yeah, yeah, Ubisoft, we all got it. You love the Rabbids.

Just give Rayman the same love, all right?

ubisoft: how about no

*puts rabbids as smash char instead of reyman*

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Well I read it on the fact sheet and now that I have I can see how you run around within a set area instead of along a pre-marked path.

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-fact-sheet-post-launch-content-confirmed/

" Use your Heroes’ skills in an innovative combat system, mixing turn-based tactics and real time action."

"Take control of your Heroes to dash your enemies, team jump on your allies, hide behind cover…and make the best out of your turn."

The last sentence could apply to the gameplay in the the first, but the first statement seems to imply real time. Interesting. I'll see how it is.

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

The last sentence could apply to the gameplay in the the first, but the first statement seems to imply real time. Interesting. I'll see how it is.

(I didn't play the first game but) the stuff with the bombs in the trailer looked to be moving in real-time.

sundin13 said:
JWeinCom said:

(I didn't play the first game but) the stuff with the bombs in the trailer looked to be moving in real-time.

In the first game, you'd plan pick the space you want to move to, including any enemies you wanted to melee or ally's you want to jump off of, and then it would play out when you hit confirm. Though that was what was going on here, but could maybe I was wrong.