By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope revealed for Switch, coming 2022

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not sure if I'll get this myself, but it's still nice to see a major new game announcement for Switch, feels like ages since the last time that happened.

Yeah this year's gotten off to a great start on Switch with Monster Hunter Rise and Crash 4, but at this point the only game I'm buying for the rest of the year is No More Heroes 3. I hope there's more worth getting for the next 6 months that we just haven't seen yet.

Anyway, I suspect BOTW2 will be 2022 so yeah it does look like it could end up as 2017 Version 2.0. Who knows, we might even get the next Monolith Soft game then too, that'd be a real mirror image.

Though it is annoying to wait, the upside of so many Switch games being 2022 is that the system clearly isn't head for the kind of massive dropoff of support as befell the Wii in 2011.

I wonder how many of these games would've been 2021 had the pandemic not occurred. 

Most games that were released in the first half this year I'd bet.

Yeah I suspect Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury was supposed to be 2020, and I read somewhere that Monster Hunter Rise was too.

I mean, I wonder if 2022 games like Sparks of Hope, Splatoon 3, or Project Triangle Strategy were originally targeting this year.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah I suspect Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury was supposed to be 2020, and I read somewhere that Monster Hunter Rise was too.

I mean, I wonder if 2022 games like Sparks of Hope, Splatoon 3, or Project Triangle Strategy were originally targeting this year.

Can't really say, we don't have much of a window for these games other than the year stated for now. Otherwise, Splatoon 3 will remain in that Spring/Summer release spot as usual.

Given their predecessors released in 2017 and they're being shown with gameplay this far out, I strongly suspect Sparks of Hope and Splatoon 3 were initially targeted for this year.

Still, this way at least helps pace out Switch's software schedule. I just hope we're not headed for a drought over the next 6 months.

Some more info: https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-dev-team-three-times-bigger-than-the-original-other-tidbits/

- Dev team three times bigger than it was for Kingdom Battle

- No limits on team composition this time, you can go all Rabbids or none for example

- Game is not open world but exploration is less linear

I really hope they dont go to far away from the battlesystem the first one had

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

curl-6 said:

Some more info: https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-dev-team-three-times-bigger-than-the-original-other-tidbits/

- Dev team three times bigger than it was for Kingdom Battle

- No limits on team composition this time, you can go all Rabbids or none for example

- Game is not open world but exploration is less linear

Great, it was a bit annoying in the first game.

Around the Network

Hearing that the dev team is three times bigger this time around really shows how serious they are about investing in this. It definitely doesn't feel like a perfunctory or lazy sequel just trying to capitalize on the first game's success.

The first game apparently had a team of 100 so that would mean roughly 300 people working on Sparks of Hope.