By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War & GT7 Delayed to 2022, Cross Gen For PS4/PS5

we can trust PR

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Probably because there isn't enough PS5 consoles, duh. The chip shortage was always going to make this gen crap.

I said before that Spider-man MM and HFW being cross-gen already made a lot of past discussions funny in hindsight but now they're really funny. I don't like this since it seems that the amount of big games that truly take advantage of the modern hardware in the new consoles in 2022 is gonna be less than I expected and I already was not expecting that much. With covid causing delays I don't foresee many big third party next gen exclusives until 2023 so was wanting first and second party games to pick up the slack but this gen kicking off in full will have to wait till 2023 from all of them now unfortunately.

Said it back in the day, and i’ll say it again. There’s no rush to get a ps5, my ps4 will still be good for another year or 2. Once Ps5slim/pro comes out, together with a price drop, it will be time to get it.

I had enough. Ahhhh…

Around the Network

Emmm... I mean... It works for me. The longer I can keep using my PS4 Pro, the better xD

But I don't know if making your 500 dollars next gen console share half of its best exclusives with the old one is the best decision for both developing next gen experiences and make people jump to the next gen. I also don't think people that already have a PS5 are especially happy knowing that they may not had to upgrade as soon as they did.

Shadow1980 said:

Why has cross-gen suddenly become a thing for first-party titles, anyway? While it's been commonplace for several generations now for third-party games, the only first-party game I can recall being cross-gen prior to 2017 was Twilight Princess. Nintendo later released BotW day-and-date on Wii U & Switch. Now it's a thing for PlayStation and Xbox. I mean, I don't mind it, but still, it's unusual seeing the platform makers not have a sharp cut-off. I wonder if it's at least in part due to newer hardware being hard to come across and Sony & MS not wanting to immediately cut off the tens of millions of users who haven't made the switch yet.

That's got to be the reason. They're clearly not doing out of the goodness of their hearts.

I also think it's because they're streamlining the architecture of consoles. It's easier to scale down and do other work to get a game running on a Xbox Series/Xbox One title than an Xbox One/Xbox 360 title. Same is true for Sony and the pesky Cell of the PS3.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

What irks me is that Sony is still willing to push PS4 software but not hardware. If you're going to release majorssoftware for it why not produce and promote the console as well? Where are the PS4 units and price cuts? PS4 ccould reach 130 million with a little more effort. But that ship has sailed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Shadow1980 said:

Why has cross-gen suddenly become a thing for first-party titles, anyway? While it's been commonplace for several generations now for third-party games, the only first-party game I can recall being cross-gen prior to 2017 was Twilight Princess. Nintendo later released BotW day-and-date on Wii U & Switch. Now it's a thing for PlayStation and Xbox. I mean, I don't mind it, but still, it's unusual seeing the platform makers not have a sharp cut-off. I wonder if it's at least in part due to newer hardware being hard to come across and Sony & MS not wanting to immediately cut off the tens of millions of users who haven't made the switch yet.

Yep exactly for this reason

PlayStation5 is sold out.

I haven't seen one available any time i have looked. It's June now. Besides that, also game development is having major delays due to closures and the inefficiency of teams having to work from home. Since the games face delays anyway, and hardware isn't coming out as fast as it should, might as well put some people on making it playable on the older hardware. The extra time spend due to covid delays still costs the same money, so having a ps4 version is a way to fund the gap.

Plus I bet CP2077 also had its influence. CDPR working its teams to the ground through a pandemic to deliver a train wreck will have surely been noticed around all other studios. At least it made it a lot easier to sell this line "We remain focused on delivering a top-quality game while maintaining the safety and wellbeing of our team, creative partners, and families,"

Btw FH2 was cross-gen as well, it simply dropped a bunch of features for the 360 version. Maybe that will also happen to God of War and GT7.

TloU was cross-gen as well btw, just called a remaster and charged you again :p

Sony's PS5's cross-gen approach is robbing players of the next-gen thrill

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/242435/xbox-series-xs-cross-gen-approach-is-robbing-players-of-the-next-gen-thrill/1/