By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War & GT7 Delayed to 2022, Cross Gen For PS4/PS5

very disappointing indeed. Sucks that im still gona get it, but ill always be wondering whats cut back?, what narrow corridor is there because of the ps4 HDD?, where elevators necessary?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Just be up front about it and announce the games as PS5/PS4 cross gen releases at the initial reveal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

V-r0cK said:

This doesn't change my perspective, I'm still going to get GoW for PS5.

I unfortunately have to agree. As much as I dislike the decision, I'm going to buy a PS5 for GoW lol. 

VideoGameAccountant said:

The answer should be pretty obvious: the system isn't doing as well as reports make it seem. Keep in mind GoW isn't coming till 2022 so the semiconductor shortage may be solved by that point or very close to it. Same with the scalper issue. First party titles are designed to sell the system, so having it on a last gen system tell us the longevity of the PS5 is in question. Most likely, internal data shows that the PS5 isn't doing well with consumers and it's strong sales are driven by scalpers and, once that calms down, the system will struggle. 

Remember, Sony wants people to move from their PS4 to the PS5. Doing something like this is counter productive. It leads me to believe the PS5 may be in serious trouble. 

That's not true at all unless you think Sony is lying in their financial reports/interviews. Not only is the PS5 trending ahead of the PS4, but Sony has reported software sales are 11% higher on PS5 than PS4, in a similar time frame.

Last edited by PotentHerbs - on 02 June 2021

eva01beserk said:

very disappointing indeed. Sucks that im still gona get it, but ill always be wondering whats cut back?, what narrow corridor is there because of the ps4 HDD?, where elevators necessary?

Yea God of War 4's way of getting around loading times wasn't exactly great, either. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

GT7 too?

GT7 was already delayed back in Februari
https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/modern/2021/2/gran-turismo-7-delayed-to-2022/

But it wouldn't surprise me if it slips to 2023. Maybe with the latest developments, ps4 version end 2022, ps5 version in 2023 smh.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
eva01beserk said:

Yea God of War 4's way of getting around loading times wasn't exactly great, either. 

Elevators can go faster or slower and maybe the good old loading screen/pause makes a comeback on ps4. Plus it's not that difficult to add or remove narrow loading corridors. It's not the same as BC, but there won't be any sections like in the new Ratchet & Clank. Plus a lot can be 'solved' with pop in and lower draw distance. It will give DF something to do!

Kinda disappointing.

PotentHerbs said:
VideoGameAccountant said:

The answer should be pretty obvious: the system isn't doing as well as reports make it seem. Keep in mind GoW isn't coming till 2022 so the semiconductor shortage may be solved by that point or very close to it. Same with the scalper issue. First party titles are designed to sell the system, so having it on a last gen system tell us the longevity of the PS5 is in question. Most likely, internal data shows that the PS5 isn't doing well with consumers and it's strong sales are driven by scalpers and, once that calms down, the system will struggle. 

Remember, Sony wants people to move from their PS4 to the PS5. Doing something like this is counter productive. It leads me to believe the PS5 may be in serious trouble. 

That's not true at all unless you think Sony is lying in their financial reports/interviews. Not only is the PS5 trending ahead of the PS4, but Sony has reported software sales are 11% higher on PS5 than PS4, in a similar time frame.

Right, but the whole point of that bullshit discussion strategy is not critiquing or counterproving objective facts, it's inventing some vague strawman position that  they can allege isn't playing out as it was supposed to. I don't know who is supposed to be supporting this phantom opinion, but we are supposed to ignore that and just "feel" that he has disproved it, which is what bullshit statements like "Most likely, internal data shows" aim to insinuate... Which is just farcical when you pay attention to it ("ooh, he said data so it's solid objective reality, nevermind it's just his baseless supposition..."). The entire scalper line is just absurd, like what is his actual claim? That scalpers are sitting on several million PS5 which they haven't moved? Sorry, nobody would get in the scalping business if that were true, obviously the vast majority of scalped consoles have already been sold on to gamers who willingly paid the extra price. Scalping probably never took more than a weeks worth of consoles out of circulation, that just  happens to b something with impact when the total supply/demand is constrained. Even his conclusion ("PS5 may be in serious trouble") is a joke, it's both already hedged as "may be" yet isn't even an objective falsifiable statistic in the first place, it's just some ungrounded meaningless sentiment.

And in reality everybody I see seriously discussing the topic is referencing public sales figures, which are certainly not fabricated because that would be a crime for no real benefit. The reasonable position could be acknowledging that the whole "we believe in generations" hype was just that, but that's not a change from lastgen or since modern gaming era where crossgen was normalized for early years.

GOW I called to be cross-gen before it was even announced.
GT7 however, no one saw coming because Sony specifically said PS5 exclusive in the trailers for that game.

Now the reason I called it is I'm seeing a pattern for Sony. The games the would sell a lot and I mean a lot are the games that are cross-gen, while games that don't sell that much are PS5 only.