By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sections you hate in games you love

curl-6 said:

Astral Chain; that part in File 8 where you play tetris with crashed cars or have to clean up close portals that shoot exploding balls at you while standing on narrow platforms where there's no room to dodge and any hit will knock you to your doom. Pain the the arse.

Oh yes, I think it took me an hour to get past the car puzzle. It is super difficult!

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
curl-6 said:

Astral Chain; that part in File 8 where you play tetris with crashed cars or have to clean up close portals that shoot exploding balls at you while standing on narrow platforms where there's no room to dodge and any hit will knock you to your doom. Pain the the arse.

Oh yes, I think it took me an hour to get past the car puzzle. It is super difficult!

Yeah plus it's just not fun. I enjoyed the other side missions and assorted policework but this bit feels really out of place and tedious.

The 3 hour Roxas tutorial in Kingdom Hearts II is such a slog and bore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

mZuzek said:

File 8 sucks.

Well, the first two thirds of it, yes.

I actually really enjoyed the Astral Plane dungeon and the fight and capture of the final Legion in the last third.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 July 2021

Some of the licenses in gran turismo games.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

What

It's one of the best parts, Roxas is so much better character than Sora that I get on my nerves that I never had an option of just screw Sora and let Roxas alive instead 

Signalstar said:

Agreed. This alone is enough reason for me to never play Kingdom Hearts II ever again. 

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 20 July 2021

Signature goes here!

Sniper monorail section in VanQuish. The sniping part is easy but at one point a scripted enemy sees you and it's difficult to know what to do without knowing a very specific thing. Also, the section slows down an otherwise very fast game. It served no purpose.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Sniper monorail section in VanQuish. The sniping part is easy but at one point a scripted enemy sees you and it's difficult to know what to do without knowing a very specific thing. Also, the section slows down an otherwise very fast game. It served no purpose.

Yeah, I love Vanquish myself but that section was kinda lame.

One thing I absolutely dislike in action games are those segments where you have to protect an NPC from dying. But instead of taking care, they throw themselves towards the danger and keep dying, forcing you to start over again.

Also, I don't like those parts in action games where you must destroy hordes of enemies while wait for an NPC complete some task. Like that segment in Resident Evil 6 for example. When you need to keep fighting zombies because one single NPC doesn't want to open the doors of the church and you must wait for him to change his mind.