By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sections you hate in games you love

curl-6 said:

Fucking fishing, in pretty much every game it's in; Monster Hunter Tri, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, fuck fishing, it's pretty much always a tedious chore.

Same here. Even tho they made it much easier it still sucks ass in Nier replicant because of how much you have to do if you want to upgrade weapons. Automata is the only game I ever played funny enough where fishing is not a chore. Also not required. You want to for a pod and a couple weapons but it's easy.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Meteor Herd and Mad Space - Sonic Adventure 2

God those levels are torture at times, but I remember liking them as a kid. I never enjoyed Aquatic Mine, Egg Quarters and Death Chamber though. I like the Knuckles / Rouge gameplay, but apparently I hate about half of the levels.

Not as much as hating and not necessarily in games that I love, but any segment with a strict timer. It's stressing.

Also (depending a lot on how they're done), tutorials.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Loved Ori and the Will of the Wisps, amazing game, but a few sequences were a bit too punishing for my tastes. A part where I had to double bounce an arcing fireball to light a torch comes to mind, as did the Mora and Kwolok chases.

These sections only make up maybe 5% of the experience though so they're thankfully vastly outweighed by all that the game gets oh so right.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 July 2021

curl-6 said:

Loved Ori and the Will of the Wisps, amazing game, but a few sequences were a bit too punishing for my tastes. A part where I had to double bounce an arcing fireball to light a torch comes to mind, as did the Mora and Kwolok chases.

These sections only make up maybe 5% of the experience though so they're thankfully vastly outweighed by all that the game gets oh so right.

Interesting, because I found Wisps a lot easier and less punishing than Forest, personally.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
curl-6 said:

Interesting, because I found Wisps a lot easier and less punishing than Forest, personally.

Oh it definitely is, I agree, that's one of the reasons I enjoyed it quite a bit more. There were still a few parts that made me rage a bit though haha.

Celeste - The final boss run against your dark self goes on for far too long.
Ori and the Blind Forest - Some of the escape sections. Way too much trial and error for my liking.
Persona 4 - Never really liked the dungeons in the game, especially the longer ones. Because of the way they are designed both in terms of structure and visuals almost all of them become really monotonous after a while.
Dark Souls 2 - Cave of the Dead, Iron Passage and Frigid Outskirts. Fortunately all three are completely optional sections, but for some reason all three DLC areas in the game feature one absolutely awful location each with practically no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

For as much as I love the games, any super extended shooting sections in the Uncharted games where you have to do like 3 or 4 of them in a row get tedious. Fun sections but for games where I'm so interested in the story, they slow it down too much for me

PAOerfulone said:

The Tadtoles in Faron Woods - Skyward Sword
City in the Sky - Twilight Princess
Okumura's Palace - Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal
Meteor Herd and Mad Space - Sonic Adventure 2
Tutorials - Every Sports Game I've ever played

Whaaat. These are my favourite levels.

Astral Chain; that part in File 8 where you play tetris with crashed cars or have to clean up close portals that shoot exploding balls at you while standing on narrow platforms where there's no room to dodge and any hit will knock you to your doom. Pain the the arse.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 July 2021