By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sections you hate in games you love

What are some portions of games that piss you off, despite you really loving the rest of the experience?

Around the Network

The Gerudo region in general is a drag to explore in Breath of the Wild, from the mountains to the desert itself. As such, it's the first one I always do in my playthroughs, so I can enjoy the best ones at the end.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Library. - Halo: Combat Evolved.
The Fade. - Dragon Age: Origins.
Water Temple. - Ocarina of Time.
Tutorials. - Every game ever.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Resident Evil 4 - the island. Not sure how I love this game so much, considering how much of the island I hate. Particularly everything from the Krauser knife / boss fight up through the two rooms after where the helicopter helps you clear out the waves of enemies. The boss in the cage is the only bit that comes to mind that I like.

Twilight Princess - that temple in the Sky.

Super Mario Sunshine - that Watermelon Festival. And Eely Mouth Dentist. I dread both every time.

Tomb Raider III - I really enjoy this game, but there's so many sections that are torture that I'm not sure where to begin. Madubu Gorge and a lot of London immediately spring to mind.

Banjo Kazooie - Rusty Bucket Bay. Guaranteed to die and lose all my notes.

Around the Network

Epidemics in Theme Hospital.

The Fade Dragon Age Origins
Mission 11 Devil May Cry 4
Mementos Persona 5
Stealth Mission for Warehouse Shenmue
Defend Train, Daemon X Machina
Darksiders II Caldrun
Final Fantasy IX Cid sneaking/Card Game
MJ Sections Spiderman PS4
Text Adventure section in Nier.
Red Giga Fight, Skies of Arcadia

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bosses that throw generic enemies into the mix mid battle. It really annoys me having to pick off the grunts whilst trying to avoid a bosses attack, and memorise its patterns. This is coming off the back of an enjoyable playthrough of journey to the savage planet, which was slightly hindered by the bosses.

Pretty much any retro RPG where you have to grind. I have always hated grinding so much. I remember playing Dragon Warrior a few years back on my NES (it was a bucket list thing) and literally feeling as if I was going to lose my freakin' mind.

Ordon Village in Twilight Princess.
The plot stuff is fine, but spending an hour in what are effectively tutorials was not my cup of tea. Thankfully I got out into the real game before my interest waned too much.