By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sections you hate in games you love

SanAndreasX said:

The Tower of Babel in Xenogears. Platform jumping in a game engine and genre that wasn't really up to the task.

This, the platforming in The Tower of Babel almost made me quit the game, which would've been a shame. 

Also disliked that the 2nd and 3rd disc's were condensed into a series of monologues.

If any game needs a remake, it's Xenogears.

Around the Network

The beginning of the assassin’s creed games (played 2-4). You have cutscenes and strict linearity, plus it takes a long time. It’s a forced tutorial for stuff I’d rather figure out myself. I just want to explore right away by and then do a mission.

Not sure I would consider FFXV a game I loved (I did find it enjoyable) but I would like to mention chapter 13 from that game. It was never ending.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Ohma boss in No More Heroes 3. It's a one-hit death boss so I hated it. It's not a complex fight it's just one mistake and you die.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JackHandy said:

Pretty much any retro RPG where you have to grind. I have always hated grinding so much. I remember playing Dragon Warrior a few years back on my NES (it was a bucket list thing) and literally feeling as if I was going to lose my freakin' mind.

Haha, this rings fucking true.

In games like Dragon Warrior and the original Final Fantasy there are ways to kind of cheat the system and blow up exp and gold. Final Fantasy Legend, do NOT pick humans. They need strength potions - lots and lots and lots of steroids to get stronger, hundreds of them, and you can only buy like 8 of them at a time, so it’s one big loop of buying steroids and injecting them one at a time… hundreds of times per human.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.