By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Sony's lowest selling; Original Xbox vs PS Vita

Which is better?

PS Vita 19 22.89%

Original Xbox 64 77.11%

Total:83

Vita owner here. Nobody in my family ever owned an original Xbox. But I played at some acquaintances house's sometimes. Plus some third-party titles for Xbox I've played on GameCube, PS2, or PC.

With all that in mind, I'd probably say an original Xbox. I played the KOTOR duology on PC and they're amazing. You also have the original Lego Star Wars games and the original Star Wars Battlefront games. Not to mention other games.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

As someone who has little investment in either console, the Xbox.

The Xbox was an important stepping stone in the evolution of game consoles. It featured PC-like hardware that allowed for easier ports of PC games, an emphasis on online capabilities, a built-in hard drive, patching software digitally, etc. The PlayStation 4 and 5 have more in common with the Xbox than the PS2.

Just as importantly, the Xbox was able to take advantage of this with its library. It had PC-like hardware, so you got console exclusive ports of PC games like Morrowing and Knights of the Old Republic. You had online play, and games that took good advantage of it like Halo 2 and Counterstrike. You even had the ability to run pretty much anything on the PS2, and thus the Xbox got plenty of multiplatform games despite its fairly low sales.

As for the Vita... it had a second analog stick, so you could play a stripped down version of Uncharted on the go? And sometimes the best version of games ported from the PS2?

Love and tolerate.

Xbox for sure. I have three set up for LAN Halo which is still a blast today.

I never even bought a Vita.

Captain_Yuri said:
mjk45 said:

Don't lie it was hoes over bros all the way, because we know  made you hot for Halo not Master Chief.

Damn you caught me

Yes I'm a living sometimes heavy breathing fap lie detector.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean... is anyone going to seriously argue a handheld that sold bad because of bad support and bad business practices and bad price is better than a home console that didn't sell well simply because it was a new band and took a while to catch on?

Vita has 1300 games though.

Bad ports and shovel ware doesn't mean good support. 

No dedicated god of war game, Gran Turismo vita game or even dDiveclub, no use of ratchet and clank IP or other big IPs getting smaller vita versions other than ports of old games or "just use crossplay".

Uncharted golden abyss was great and it just needed more of that. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean... is anyone going to seriously argue a handheld that sold bad because of bad support and bad business practices and bad price is better than a home console that didn't sell well simply because it was a new band and took a while to catch on?

The whole premises is off the common denominator used to justify the poll is just about the only thing they do have in common, even the PS1 vs Original Xbox has way more touch points to spark debate than this I feel Curl needs a new hobby.

Would be interested in hearing from more Vita voters, so far one has chimed in.

The poll is considerably less one sided than the posts.

Oooh, that's a toughie. I love both a lot. However, Xbox has Jet Set Radio Future. Shenmue II. Panzer Dragoon Orta. Phantom Dust. Metal Wolf Chaos. Otogi 1-2. I gotta go Xbox here. Even tho in 8 years my Vita works perfectly and had two OG Xbox systems die on me.

Last edited by Leynos - on 03 May 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

ArchangelMadzz said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Bad ports and shovel ware doesn't mean good support. 

No dedicated god of war game, Gran Turismo vita game or even dDiveclub, no use of ratchet and clank IP or other big IPs getting smaller vita versions other than ports of old games or "just use crossplay".

Uncharted golden abyss was great and it just needed more of that. 

Soul Sacrifice (1st party), Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary?

Besides, majority of vita games not too good but not completely shovelware either. 

Also, Wii has a ton of shovelwares too.

curl-6 said:

Would be interested in hearing from more Vita voters, so far one has chimed in.

The poll is considerably less one sided than the posts.

I assume based off your post (you would know better than me anyway) that the gap between poll numbers and supporting posts is wider than usual, if so I would put it down to the disparity of both consoles across a number of fronts making it harder to make a more concise argument for Vita than just using generalities like I prefer it because of more jrpgs it's portability suits me etc.

Where with say the PS1 vs Xbox you have a lot more scope in regards to finding equivalent or near equivalent points to use to push your side or counter/offset available giving both sides a clearer path for debate, and driving engagement something that the more disparare natures of Vita vs Xbox makes much harder to do.