By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Sony's lowest selling; Original Xbox vs PS Vita

Which is better?

PS Vita 19 22.89%

Original Xbox 64 77.11%

Total:83
mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

Would be interested in hearing from more Vita voters, so far one has chimed in.

The poll is considerably less one sided than the posts.

I assume based off your post (you would know better than me anyway) that the gap between poll numbers and supporting posts is wider than usual, if so I would put it down to the disparity of both consoles across a number of fronts making it harder to make a more concise argument for Vita than just using generalities like I prefer it because of more jrpgs it's portability suits me etc.

Where with say the PS1 vs Xbox you have a lot more scope in regards to finding equivalent or near equivalent points to use to push your side or counter/offset available giving both sides a clearer path for debate, and driving engagement something that the more disparare natures of Vita vs Xbox makes much harder to do.

I did a PS1 vs Xbox poll some time ago, in the form of "each company's best first console".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

I assume based off your post (you would know better than me anyway) that the gap between poll numbers and supporting posts is wider than usual, if so I would put it down to the disparity of both consoles across a number of fronts making it harder to make a more concise argument for Vita than just using generalities like I prefer it because of more jrpgs it's portability suits me etc.

Where with say the PS1 vs Xbox you have a lot more scope in regards to finding equivalent or near equivalent points to use to push your side or counter/offset available giving both sides a clearer path for debate, and driving engagement something that the more disparare natures of Vita vs Xbox makes much harder to do.

I did a PS1 vs Xbox poll some time ago, in the form of "each company's best first console".

While I do rate this particular poll's subject choice near the bottom,my reply wasn't about whether or not xbox v PS1 should have been this Poll, it was just an example to highlight the points made before it about how disparity in the subjects being polled can affect one's ability to mount an effective case and so may well be the answer to the question posed by your post about engagement being less than the affirmative Vita poll numbers would indicate.  

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Bad ports and shovel ware doesn't mean good support. 

No dedicated god of war game, Gran Turismo vita game or even dDiveclub, no use of ratchet and clank IP or other big IPs getting smaller vita versions other than ports of old games or "just use crossplay".

Uncharted golden abyss was great and it just needed more of that. 

Soul Sacrifice (1st party), Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary?

Besides, majority of vita games not too good but not completely shovelware either. 

Also, Wii has a ton of shovelwares too.

Persona 4 Golden was in my opinion it's crown jewel but it had plenty of good games the trouble was Sony's treatment of it as a portable cutdown PS4 instead of a combination of a Japanese focused transforming robot with the destructive power of Godzilla type gaming platform crossed with a mix of western genres and titles made fit for purpose rather than shoehorned in encouraged by actual  sony support and talking Sony support how about if they had actually spent at least $10 on in store promotion and acquiring decent shelf space so I could find those games physically, instead of being kept in the same shoebox that gamestop keeps their broken discs in .  someone else can talk about memory cards i don't need the angst.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

That would be Xbox, cause there were various PC ports that i couldn't afford a mid-range GPU for my old PC. :D

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Bad ports and shovel ware doesn't mean good support. 

No dedicated god of war game, Gran Turismo vita game or even dDiveclub, no use of ratchet and clank IP or other big IPs getting smaller vita versions other than ports of old games or "just use crossplay".

Uncharted golden abyss was great and it just needed more of that. 

Soul Sacrifice (1st party), Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary?

Besides, majority of vita games not too good but not completely shovelware either. 

1st bold, literally my point

2nd Bold, Did Wii have good support?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I chose Xbox. It was powerful, contained a hard drive (which was a first for consoles), had a surprising number of Japanese supporters, HDMI output, best versions of games (aside from PC), and brought some PC exclusives to the console market (Bioware games, Bethesda games, Doom 3, Counterstrike, etc). In all honesty, it seemed like a precursor for the type of western RPG games that would be so popular the next generation.

In addition, Halo, Crimson Skies, Mechassault, Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden Black, Unreal Championship...it just had a lot of quality games. IMO, it is too bad the PS2 was such a beast because I feel if the OG Xbox would have sold more MS would have kept going for Japanese support.

Halo, Fable, KOTOR, Jet Set Radio Future, Jade Empire >>>

mjk45 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Persona 4 Golden was in my opinion it's crown jewel but it had plenty of good games the trouble was Sony's treatment of it as a portable cutdown PS4 instead of a combination of a Japanese focused transforming robot with the destructive power of Godzilla type gaming platform crossed with a mix of western genres and titles made fit for purpose rather than shoehorned in encouraged by actual  sony support and talking Sony support how about if they had actually spent at least $10 on in store promotion and acquiring decent shelf space so I could find those games physically, instead of being kept in the same shoebox that gamestop keeps their broken discs in .  someone else can talk about memory cards i don't need the angst.

None of them are system seller though, even some Sony big games couldn't do anything for vita.

ArchangelMadzz said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

What kind of support that you want to ask? 1st party, 3rd party or indies?

HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

What kind of support that you want to ask? 1st party, 3rd party or indies?

It had plenty of indies, mainly first and third party support.

Wait, you think Sony supported the vita platform well?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'