By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS vs Sony's lowest selling; Original Xbox vs PS Vita

Which is better?

PS Vita 17 21.79%

Original Xbox 61 78.21%

Total:78
HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Bad ports and shovel ware doesn't mean good support. 

No dedicated god of war game, Gran Turismo vita game or even dDiveclub, no use of ratchet and clank IP or other big IPs getting smaller vita versions other than ports of old games or "just use crossplay".

Uncharted golden abyss was great and it just needed more of that. 

Soul Sacrifice (1st party), Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary?

Besides, majority of vita games not too good but not completely shovelware either. 

Also, Wii has a ton of shovelwares too.

1st bold, literally my point

2nd Bold, Did Wii have good support?

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I chose Xbox. It was powerful, contained a hard drive (which was a first for consoles), had a surprising number of Japanese supporters, HDMI output, best versions of games (aside from PC), and brought some PC exclusives to the console market (Bioware games, Bethesda games, Doom 3, Counterstrike, etc). In all honesty, it seemed like a precursor for the type of western RPG games that would be so popular the next generation.

In addition, Halo, Crimson Skies, Mechassault, Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden Black, Unreal Championship...it just had a lot of quality games. IMO, it is too bad the PS2 was such a beast because I feel if the OG Xbox would have sold more MS would have kept going for Japanese support.

Halo, Fable, KOTOR, Jet Set Radio Future, Jade Empire >>>

mjk45 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

Soul Sacrifice (1st party), Tearaway, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary?

Besides, majority of vita games not too good but not completely shovelware either. 

Persona 4 Golden was in my opinion it's crown jewel but it had plenty of good games the trouble was Sony's treatment of it as a portable cutdown PS4 instead of a combination of a Japanese focused transforming robot with the destructive power of Godzilla type gaming platform crossed with a mix of western genres and titles made fit for purpose rather than shoehorned in encouraged by actual  sony support and talking Sony support how about if they had actually spent at least $10 on in store promotion and acquiring decent shelf space so I could find those games physically, instead of being kept in the same shoebox that gamestop keeps their broken discs in .  someone else can talk about memory cards i don't need the angst.

None of them are system seller though, even some Sony big games couldn't do anything for vita.

ArchangelMadzz said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

What kind of support that you want to ask? 1st party, 3rd party or indies?

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

What kind of support that you want to ask? 1st party, 3rd party or indies?

It had plenty of indies, mainly first and third party support.

Wait, you think Sony supported the vita platform well?

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I've owned every sony console except the vita(and ps5 too lol), still I'd pick xbox. I feel like I'd have more fun with it

Vita, simply coming off the fact that I skipped OG Xbox entirely.
Vita, btw is a perfect example of wasted potential due to poor product mismanagement. Hardware-wise, still probably the best handheld system to date. On games front though, hard to think of any big hitters outside of Persona 4 Golden. But for anyone who is into Japanese games, Vita definitely worth checking out.

HoangNhatAnh said:
mjk45 said:

Persona 4 Golden was in my opinion it's crown jewel but it had plenty of good games the trouble was Sony's treatment of it as a portable cutdown PS4 instead of a combination of a Japanese focused transforming robot with the destructive power of Godzilla type gaming platform crossed with a mix of western genres and titles made fit for purpose rather than shoehorned in encouraged by actual  sony support and talking Sony support how about if they had actually spent at least $10 on in store promotion and acquiring decent shelf space so I could find those games physically, instead of being kept in the same shoebox that gamestop keeps their broken discs in .  someone else can talk about memory cards i don't need the angst.

None of them are system seller though, even some Sony big games couldn't do anything for vita.

If you reread my post you will notice i never called them system sellers and anyway I feel a range of factors tend to push hardware sales like library- social interaction platform support etc is what pushes sales and the push  rates vary.

The industry as never been homogeneous when it comes to home v portable you need to look at the patterns Even using handheld leader Nintendo and looking    at their portable hardware sales aligned against home consoles with similar hardware numbers the software ratio is around 50% lower or less so we see a  different buying pattern ( if you want more info about the reasons behind those figures I recommend asking Rol ) and that same pattern translates across to the Sony side with the 80 million+ PSP success that success can not be traced to having lots of big system sellers but catering to your audience it's biggest games only sold selling around 5- 7 million, anyway most of my reply centred on more systemic reason than lack of system sellers so I will finish by saying even Nintendo to succeed in the days of mobile needed to pivot.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 05 May 2021

derpysquirtle64 said:

Vita, simply coming off the fact that I skipped OG Xbox entirely.
Vita, btw is a perfect example of wasted potential due to poor product mismanagement. Hardware-wise, still probably the best handheld system to date. On games front though, hard to think of any big hitters outside of Persona 4 Golden. But for anyone who is into Japanese games, Vita definitely worth checking out.

I guess it would depend on what definition you're using, but are Killzone Mercenery and Uncharted Golden Abyss not big hitters?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.