By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you on current-gen already?

Are you on next-gen?

Yes, I have a PS5 16 14.68%

Yes, I have a XS 26 23.85%

Yes, I have both systems 4 3.67%

I have a next-gen ready PC 20 18.35%

No 43 39.45%

Total:109

Yes. I got series x atm. Ps5 is still sold out in nz. Loving series x thanks to gamepass and Ray trace games like Control is beautiful

Around the Network

Haven't even tried to hunt for a PS5 yet, I'll get it eventually. Might wait until Sony launches an official black version.

I see no compelling reason to get anything yet. From hardware failures to BS online 24/7 practices in single-player games. CMOS battery issues to needing to connect online to even play games at all. No compelling exclusives. Controllers rated to not last long. Just seems like a gen not worth jumping into.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yes, PC.

I will get a PS5 once it is easily available. So sometime next year I guess.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

No consoles yet, and I won't get one for some time, they're just not worth owning yet with poor pricing, lackluster software, and the inevitable childhood diseases consoles are prone to develop for the first few batches.

I am planning on building a fat gaming rig though, but there are virtually no components available on the market since last summer. My current rig is still fine though, I can make it another year without issues.

Around the Network
Shiken said:

Out of the gen 9 consoles in the poll, I have a Series X.

And stop calling it "next gen". Gen 9 is now current gen, and gen 8 is last gen.

It's not " next gen", till it really is "next gen" . 

KratosLives said:
Shiken said:

Out of the gen 9 consoles in the poll, I have a Series X.

And stop calling it "next gen". Gen 9 is now current gen, and gen 8 is last gen.

It's not " next gen", till it really is "next gen" . 

That literally makes no sense. Do you call this week next week?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'd say 5700xt is next-gen enough at least in this market.

I have a Series X as well, though, what constitutes a next gen PC? I have a RTX 3080 if that counts.

Yep, got myself a PS5. Enjoying finishing my backlogue. Currently playing through Ni No Kuni 2 and Uncharted Lost Legacy. Native PS5 games: Oddworld which comes with PS+ and slowly getting through It Takes Two and Demon Souls.

Really just waiting for the summer to kick in. Day 1 purchases= Ratchet and Clank, FFVII DLC and Kena. Will pick up RE5 and Returnals once on sale, hopefully some point in July to help fill the gap between Ratchet and Kena.