By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you on current-gen already?

Are you on next-gen?

Yes, I have a PS5 16 14.68%

Yes, I have a XS 26 23.85%

Yes, I have both systems 4 3.67%

I have a next-gen ready PC 20 18.35%

No 43 39.45%

Total:109

Just doing some research here. I want to know how many people are already gaming on current gen systems.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 21 April 2021

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Nope, I don't have a next gen console yet, and my PC is comprised of parts from 2008-2015 lol... feelsbadman :(

Haha, it's not very different from my situation. My graphic card is from 2014.

No, not any home consoles. But since I am mostly a PC player, I have a newish PC from 2017.

Series X

Don't see the point yet 

Maybe if you skip a generation then makes sense buy the next hardware of a console makes if this hardware is either BC or just have a tons of remasters/ports

For instance, for Nintendo gamers who never got a XBone a Series X might be a really interesting launch purchase, otherwise... yeah not really 

But the main reason is pricing. Launch price in Brazil is just insanity, I'm sure I can get a PS5 in than 2 years for less than 3K, right now they are almost 5k 

Around the Network

Yea I am next-gen ready.

PC: 5950x + Nvidia 3080
PS5
Series X
Money Saved up for the Switch Pro/2
Stocked up on Lube

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, i got Series X. The gaming laptop will be my next purchase!

Rip my current desktop.

Edit: Gaming laptop is canceled.

Last edited by QUAKECore89 - on 26 April 2021

No, man, too expensive. I'm okay with the Switch, but I also have come to the realization that investing for two different systems is out of reach for my income, not to mention that I wouldn't have the time, anyway, as I like to spend lots of hours in each of one of my games.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Undergoing a career change, so still gaming on a 1080p TV. Considering that I'm not going to see much of a graphics bump, and there's no exclusives, I don't really see a point in upgrading.

If I get a decent summer job, I may treat myself to a 4K TV and would then be tempted to upgrade. But, I'd still probably need something I can't play on PS4/XBox One/Switch to convince me to take the plunge.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea I am next-gen ready.

PC: 5950x + Nvidia 3080
PS5
Series X
Money Saved up for the Switch Pro/2
Stocked up on Lube

Great to see that your sex shop is making money, but I'm worried about the fact that your lube cost's were likely more than all our next gen purchases combined   leaving you open to bankruptcy.

Clarification I was referring to fiscal bankruptcy since we know your morally bankrupt

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot