By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I've lost faith in Sony

Cerebralbore101 said:

Nope. Days Gone 2 was never greenlit. https://opencritic.com/news/2295/days-gone-2-pitch-rejected-by-sony-in-2019

Controllers that break is scrapping the barrel? How so?

Well, MS claims that they let their studios do whatever they want. It may or may not be true. I think I went too far with that one.

Cancelling anything that doesn't make you immediate money is bad business practice. Canceling stuff that has been bleeding money for years? Sure. But anyway, I guess Japan studio was bleeding them for years, so it closing makes sense.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hell-yeah-the-demons-souls-remake-is-coming-to-pc/

"When pressed on whether Demon's Souls is actually a lifetime exclusive to the console or a timed exclusive like Death Stranding, Sony declined to elaborate further, reiterating "Demon’s Souls is exclusive to PlayStation 5."

That's called pleading the 5th. Sony definitely has plans to release Demon's Souls onto PC sometime in the future.

I didn't say they were working on Days Gone 2. I said their own IP.

From the article you sourced: "Most recently, the team still at Sony Bend requested to be moved off of the Uncharted project, which Sony is said to have obliged."

MS 'claims' has nothing to do with it. The entire history of the two companies over the past 15 years does.

That's called pure and utter speculation based on a complete lack of evidence. 

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Alistair said:

I would say, give it time. My best friend owns every Sony game and console (PS2 is his favorite) including the PS3 and PS4, but he has no interest in the PS5 yet. He's getting older and likes to play on his PC with a controller instead, and he's big into anime and Japanese things, so the PS5 doesn't' interest him yet. That is a new thing, he doesn't like mouse and keyboard but every PC game has controller support nowadays.

However, look at sales of the PS5. It is outselling the Switch launch sales. Current projections would show the PS5 outselling the PS4 and maybe even getting close to PS2 levels, if we see that Japanese games will come to the system. As long as it is not Switch exclusive, it can be ported to PS5, like Monster Hunter and more.

I hope you know that the PS4 sold about the same number of units as the PS5 at launch.

So you're agreeing with me. Since the PS5 is matching the PS4 but is more supply constrained, current projections show it outselling the PS4.

Alistair said:
Kakadu18 said:

I hope you know that the PS4 sold about the same number of units as the PS5 at launch.

So you're agreeing with me. Since the PS5 is matching the PS4 but is more supply constrained, current projections show it outselling the PS4.

My point is that a huge launch doesn't mean that the system will sell 150 million units. The DS and the Switch had way smaller launches for example. The PS5 can definitely gain a lead over the PS4, but it's guaranteed to outsell it lifetime thus far. It'll definitely sell over 100 million units though.

Also because of the Switch the PS5 will most likely get even less Japanese games than the PS4.

I can't say I agree with your line of reasoning, I think Sony did a good job with PS4 and the variety of games available on it is great. Sony themselves have never really been big on making Japanese games themselves, their 1st party studios have always been western focused and the bulk of Japanese exclusives were always mainly from 3rd party companies. The switch is the dominant platform in Japan so it's no surprise that they release their games on more than just the PlayStation family of systems and even PC has proven to be a reliable place to release Japanese games.

kazuyamishima said:
hinch said:

I've lost faith in the VGC community.

But seriously, whats up with these hot takes? We're like 5 months from the launch lol.

It’s Sony and it’s VGC, when you don’t see the traditional “Sony is doomed” thread at the start of each generation, faith can be restored. 

Since when do you have Sony is doomed threads? VGC started with Wii is a fad, kept going with WiiU is doomed and was going on with Switch will fall of a cliff. Trust in PS hardware was always great here. Be it PS3 or PS4, people always kept  thinking PS hardware will perform great. Two guys took a bet against me, that PS3 will outsell Wii after all - this was after the launch of PS4 as the writing was on the wall. But everyone kept insisting Playstation really starts selling after the next device is out. PS5 is actually the first time I see shattered trust in the PS brand here on VGC. From some at least. There is nothing traditional about "Sony is doomed".

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It seems Jim Ryan said no to Kojima's next project (rumour).
Interesting decision. It's like saying "sorry, go check if microsoft wants to fund you instead". You are basically throwing Kojima on microsoft's hands. Death Stranding was not as successful as everyone expected but Kojima is still a big name, you are giving the chance of your competitor release a new great exclusive.

Dallinor said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Nope. Days Gone 2 was never greenlit. https://opencritic.com/news/2295/days-gone-2-pitch-rejected-by-sony-in-2019

Controllers that break is scrapping the barrel? How so?

Well, MS claims that they let their studios do whatever they want. It may or may not be true. I think I went too far with that one.

Cancelling anything that doesn't make you immediate money is bad business practice. Canceling stuff that has been bleeding money for years? Sure. But anyway, I guess Japan studio was bleeding them for years, so it closing makes sense.

https://www.pcgamer.com/hell-yeah-the-demons-souls-remake-is-coming-to-pc/

"When pressed on whether Demon's Souls is actually a lifetime exclusive to the console or a timed exclusive like Death Stranding, Sony declined to elaborate further, reiterating "Demon’s Souls is exclusive to PlayStation 5."

That's called pleading the 5th. Sony definitely has plans to release Demon's Souls onto PC sometime in the future.

I didn't say they were working on Days Gone 2. I said their own IP.

From the article you sourced: "Most recently, the team still at Sony Bend requested to be moved off of the Uncharted project, which Sony is said to have obliged."

MS 'claims' has nothing to do with it. The entire history of the two companies over the past 15 years does.

That's called pure and utter speculation based on a complete lack of evidence. 

My mistake. I thought you were implying that Days Gone 2 was still in the works. 

Do you mind giving me a refresher in the history of the companies then? 

How hard would it have been for Sony to say "Demon's Souls isn't coming to another platform in the next seven years"? I'll just bump this whenever Demon's Souls comes to PC. 

EnricoPallazzo said:

Interesting decision. It's like saying "sorry, go check if microsoft wants to fund you instead". You are basically throwing Kojima on microsoft's hands. Death Stranding was not as successful as everyone expected but Kojima is still a big name, you are giving the chance of your competitor release a new great exclusive.

As if the big Sony and Microsoft were the only publishers out there. 

@Comments at large here: After the usual suspects spent their time shitting on Death Stranding, calling it a glorified walking simulator, and regurgitating all the usual crap about Kojima, him [allegedly] going to MS is now seen as big amazing news?

Where does the hypocrisy stops for some of you?

Hynad said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

@Comments at large here: After the usual suspects spent their time shitting on Death Stranding, calling it a glorified walking simulator, and regurgitating all the usual crap about Kojima, him [allegedly] going to MS is now seen as big amazing news?

You don't need a Playstation to have an opinion on Death Stranding.

Hynad said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Gosh, people take things too personally here...

Considering I never played the game and never said it is a walking simulator and I still have it on my backlog I believe I am not one of the hypocrites.

Still, even if a lot of people hold this opinion on his latest game, he still have a strong name in the gaming community and no matter where he goes people will be paying attention to his work. Also there is a good chance he learned a lesson or two and will be back doing generally acclaimed games.