By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TallSilhouette said:

Nimona: I can see why Disney shelved this one and I'm glad others picked it up and finished it. It's overt LGBT representation and themes are still too 'controversial' for the mouse's center stage and couldn't easily be censored for conservative audiences. Those themes are what make the story so timely and important, though. I can easily see Nimona becoming an icon for the community - if they weren't already. Beyond that it's just a great animated feature with a hilarious lead, fluid animation, beautiful art direction, and a touching story too.

Not sure how long they'll leave it up but Netflix just uploaded the full film to their YouTube channel for anyone without a subscription:

Nice one, Netflix.

Around the Network

America's Funniest Videos, because it's probably the only non-shitty reality show.

I'm watching the series Grimm again. Really underrated imo.

American Fiction: A smart comedy about dumb tropes. We need more films like it and hopefully even more that take its message to heart.

Random clips of Jellystone, a rare cartoon reboot that doesn't suck.

Around the Network

January Watched
What If...? Season 2
Captain Laserhawk: A Blood Dragon Remix
Loki Season 2
Invincible Season 2 Part 1
Lawmen: Bass Reeves
Fargo Season 5

February Watched
Blue Eye Samurai
Gen V
His Dark Materials
The Last of Us
Star Wars: Andor

-

So...What do you guys use to track the TV Shows that you're watching, episodes watched, upcoming episodes, etc.

Might need to swap since the one I used keeps going down and is unknown, is TRAKT.tv the best?

The episode of Sabrina The Teenage Witch where Sabrina is stuck in some shitty role play in Salem where she's at the risk of being exposed as a witch. Basically sums up how Puritans are fucking psychopaths.

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

I'm watching the series Grimm again. Really underrated imo.

Silas Mitchell makes that show.  Pretty uncommon for a supporting character to outshine the leads to that degree.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (live action): The animated series is one of the best of all time. The movie is one of the worst of all time. This live action series falls squarely in between for an altogether adequate adaptation. The production values are decent but the story is rushed, the action is hit or miss, and the acting generally leaves a lot to be desired. I know it's hard to find actors who can really fight and martial artist who can really act but the bending was a bit lacking as well; it often felt more like people doing magic by waving their hands a bit rather than the extension of martial arts that it's supposed to be. The somewhat darker and more serious tone was another curious choice and I prefer the lighthearted levity of the original. I'd give a second season a chance but more than anything this show has just reminded me how special the original is and that it's been too long since I last gave it a proper watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpZ-Uw0mw_8

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]