By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Now that is a lot of shows you are watching.  Mainly I just watch CSI, FBI, and the crime dramas etc.  I also love channel 11 shows. 

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

My last update was back on November 4th and since then I've watched...

Movies
-The Fox and the Hound (Disney Plus)
-The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Disney Plus)
-A Christmas Carol (2009) (Disney Plus)
-Elf (Disney Plus)
-Home Alone (Disney Plus)
-The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (Disney Plus)
-Mobile Suit Gundam Hathaway's Flash (Netflix)
-Mavka: The Forest Song (Hulu)

Anime
-Attack on Titan The Final Season: The Final Chapters
-Detective Conan Movie 26: Black Iron Submarine
-Goblin Slayer II
-Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season
-Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash
-My Hero Academia: UA Heroes Battle
-Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me
-Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl
-Pokemon Movie 12: Arceus and the Jewel of Life
-Scissor Seven 4th Season
-SPY x FAMILY 2nd Season
-The Faraway Paladin 2nd Season
-The Family Circumstances of the Irregular Witch
-The Rising of the Shield Hero 3rd Season
-Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead

Donghua (Chinese Animation)
-All Saints Street
-All Saints Street 2
-All Saints Street 3
-All Saints Street 4
-Soulmate Adventure Season 2

Just finished up Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl today making it the last anime of 2023 that I watched (and also the 99th anime I finished this year).

My current watching anime line up is

Is the 2009 A Christmas Carol the one where they drop the F-Bomb repeatedly?  I woke up to some version of the story and I'm sure it was on Disney+.  The first time the F word was used I thought I just misheard it, but then when the Ghost of Christmas Past brings Ebeneezer's dad to him, the father is dropping F-bombs every other sentence.  It just really surprised me but I didn't get to finish the movie so I didn't see which version it was.

Edit- Never mind it must have been on Hulu and it is the 2019 BBC miniseries I watched a little bit of.  I am going to have to finish it off, it was a very interesting take on the classic from what little I saw of it.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 03 January 2024

The_Yoda said:

Is the 2009 A Christmas Carol the one where they drop the F-Bomb repeatedly?  I woke up to some version of the story and I'm sure it was on Disney+.  The first time the F word was used I thought I just misheard it, but then when the Ghost of Christmas Past brings Ebeneezer's dad to him, the father is dropping F-bombs every other sentence.  It just really surprised me but I didn't get to finish the movie so I didn't see which version it was.

Edit- Never mind it must have been on Hulu and it is the 2019 BBC miniseries I watched a little bit of.  I am going to have to finish it off, it was a very interesting take on the classic from what little I saw of it.

Uhh no lol

I didnt even know there was a version like that, I should check it out lmao

Night Court. New character named Linda and I already wanna see her given a face lift with a chainsaw and used heroin needles stuck through her eyes.

Fog Hill of Five Elements: Has issues with storytelling and pacing, but the action animation is some of the best I've ever seen. Chinese entertainment in general is really starting to step its game up and this is no exception. Gonna be a tough wait for the next installment.

Around the Network

2024 going good so far.

So far I have completed/watched....

Movies
-Minions (Netflix)
-The Boss Baby (Netflix)

Anime
-A Whisker Away (Netflix)
-Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl Special
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Final Adventure Through Time and Darkness
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Big Mysterious Adventure
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Exploration Club
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Great Ice Adventure
-Pokemon: Pikachu's Great Sparking Search

----

Currently watching anime - a lot of new 2024 released anime.

So it seems innevitable the Mr. and Mrs. Smith remake series will have some mixed viewer feedback, just by nature of taking a cheesy power-fantasy for Boomers flick and turning it into a more grounded and borderline melodramatic series with Millenial humour and social commentary...

Having said all that, I really loved it. Pretty much delivered on every single aspect you could want from this series-- got a bit weird at times, but never felt like it dragged or wasted the viewer's time and had crazy thrills/surprises right to the end. Social commentary in a modern series is usually a huge red flag, but in this case it felt like they were speaking from genuine opinions and human perspectives, never getting too preachy. Also the cameos from several high-tier actors were brilliant.

Just the first couple minutes set the tone perfectly--

Spoiler!
--having two actors who were clearly cast as the archetype Brad+Angelina pair, showing them try to pull off the same over-the-top movie bravado from the original, only to see them getting easily picked off and quietly swept away by the cleanup crew soon after.

Usually I'm against going away from the nature of the original product, but in this case, it's not like the original was a masterpiece of film or even a true cult classic like Con Air (panned by critics but stood the test of time with average viewers). Mr. and Mrs. Smith was only ever wish-fulfillment and guilty-pleasure trash, almost entirely sold off the star power and relationship dynamics of it's leads. Shaking up that formula for something more mentally stimulating is hardly a bad thing to me.

Using any existing property just to deliberately contrast and satirise it will always put off a certain amount of people, but in this case it just worked for me.

*Edit: Pardon my ignorance. The Brangelina flick is not the original.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 02 February 2024

Gonna check out the new 10 Minute Power Hour from Game Grumps.

Started rewatching Castle. Saw a preview for Wonka and it actually looks like it might be alright. I think they downplay how much of it is musical numbers in the preview I saw but who knows. I'll likely buy it Physical w/ digital copy when it hits retail.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 05 February 2024

Since my last post I've watched...as of February 4th 2024.

Movies
-Rio
-The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes
-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
-Cinderella
-The Jungle Book 2
-Beauty and the Beast
-The Little Mermaid
-The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea

Anime
-The Seven Deadly Sins
-The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War
-The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments
-The Seven Deadly Sins OVA
-The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments OVA
-The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbye

The Tunnel to Summer, Exit of Goodbyes was a quite surprising one , really enjoyed it.

As for my overall anime watch....I've gotten behind and playing catch up, I'll post an update once I catch up and start watching a new one.