By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Customer Wars, where I still find myself baffled at adults who behave far worse than children.

Around the Network

Decided to rewatch Band of Brothers for the first time in ages and watch The Pacific for the first time while I was at it. BoB is still as good as I remember it. Remarkable production values for its time and a great tour to follow our men through. The Pacific is definitely a step down in quality over all but still worth a watch. Gives you an appreciation for how much more of a raw deal those men got both in the short and long term.

More Game Grumps. Wish they'd finish their playthrough of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

A movie I watched a thousand times growing up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kQMO7gkNgU&t=76s

A look at Titanoboa. No crocodilian alive today would fuck with this snake and live.

Around the Network

Almost done with my re-watching of The Sopranos, I have about half of season 6 left. After that, I suppose I'll watch something animated, to get a change of pace. I've also decided to get rid of both Disney+ and Netflix some time this year (Disney+ is annual, so I can't do much until fall). It's just getting too expensive for what you get, and HBO are increasing their prices by over 100% here, come summer.
In reviewing my streaming services, I came to realize how long I've been using them instead of regular cable or satellite TV. My Netflix account turns 17 this year, my HBO 14, and even Prime has been in use since 2016 (when it was released, I paid 3$ a month for 6 months in the beginning, crazy deal).

Law & Order SVU. Just one of many shows that make me wish the Punisher was real.

House of Ninjas: Crazy good mix of fast-paced action, family drama and irreverent humour with some light romance, a surprisingly interesting plot and a couple nice twists. Also the villain(s) were just perfect in a way you can't really describe without direct spoilers. If you want to be hyper-critical while analyzing each of it's aspects you'll probably find flaws, but altogether I thought it worked really damn well and was a good quality production. Favourite of the year so far and a perfect set-up for a season 2.

Shaunodon said:

House of Ninjas: Crazy good mix of fast-paced action, family drama and irreverent humour with some light romance, a surprisingly interesting plot and a couple nice twists. Also the villain(s) were just perfect in a way you can't really describe without direct spoilers. If you want to be hyper-critical while analyzing each of it's aspects you'll probably find flaws, but altogether I thought it worked really damn well and was a good quality production. Favourite of the year so far and a perfect set-up for a season 2.

That one didn't really speak to me but I'm really looking forward to Ninja Kamui and Shogun.

A REAL Bug's Life. Awkwafina's narration is pretty good at making the bug fatalities in this documentary seem less upsetting.