By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Since my last post (Feb 4th) and now (Mar 2nd)

I've watched the following

Movies
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 2nd time watching it, first time watched it with my brother in law's sons while in India via Amazon, watched it this time with my wife, we loved it!
-The Marvels - watched it....went in with no expectations but....damn it was bad, shame that Ms Marvel got dragged down by this movie.
-Hercules - first time watching it in 20+ years, was first time for my wife, she loved it.
-Lilo & Stitch - first time watching it in 15+ years, was first time for my wife, she...didnt like the characters and their personalities lol

Anime
-Aishang Ta de Liyou Extra - should have been in the original series
-Pokemon Movie 14: White - Victini and Zekrom - great song but okay movie
-Pokemon Movie 14: Black - Victini and Reshiram - great song but okay movie

Still playing catch up with my anime

Started on Fairies Albums Season 4 which I was looking forward to!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Since my last post (Feb 4th) and now (Mar 2nd)

I've watched the following

Movies
-Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 2nd time watching it, first time watched it with my brother in law's sons while in India via Amazon, watched it this time with my wife, we loved it!
-The Marvels - watched it....went in with no expectations but....damn it was bad, shame that Ms Marvel got dragged down by this movie.
-Hercules - first time watching it in 20+ years, was first time for my wife, she loved it.
-Lilo & Stitch - first time watching it in 15+ years, was first time for my wife, she...didnt like the characters and their personalities lol

Anime
-Aishang Ta de Liyou Extra - should have been in the original series
-Pokemon Movie 14: White - Victini and Zekrom - great song but okay movie
-Pokemon Movie 14: Black - Victini and Reshiram - great song but okay movie

Still playing catch up with my anime

Started on Fairies Albums Season 4 which I was looking forward to!

Lilo and Stitch would have been better if Myrtle was thrown into a volcano.

Watching Kung Fu Panda 3 since the fourth one is coming to theatres soon.

Got back from Dune: Part Two. Holy shit. Too much to say about this movie, so for now I'll just say:

Spoiler!
'Saint Alia of the Knife' is apparently now just 'Alia the Still-Not-Born'; I kinda love that they gave her moments to Paul for this movie, it felt more fitting, but it also has huge possible implications if they want to make more movies. Mostly if they plan to adapt Children of Dune, which I hope they don't. But seeing Anya Taylor Joy playing future Alia makes me think Dune Messiah is almost certainly greenlit.

Edit: Also Rebecca Ferguson absolutely killed it as Lady Jessica, as I hoped she would despite some worrying interview answers before both movies. She should stay away from interviews.

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 03 March 2024

Slight spoilers for Dune Part Two and Messiah. I doubt it would hurt anyone, but better safe...

Spoiler!

Children of Dune honestly put me off so bad I couldn't read anymore Dune. Messiah is a much more fitting end for the movies, since that's where most of the original ideas as well as Paul & Chani's story come to an end, although the climax of the book wasn't nearly as epic as the first; something that can be fixed with a movie adaption, and the ending of Dune Part Two seems like it's deliberately setting up for it.

The early ideas in Children of Dune honestly had me hooked for a while and I was racing through it like the previous books, but once I got to the second half it became a nightmare of philosophical monologue tedium, pointless setups that lead to no real payoff and some real over-the-top, character-destroying whackiness. The reviews for God Emperor of Dune said it's basically all the shit I hated from Children of Dune multiplied, that's when I knew I was done. Frank Herbert had a good run but someone should've really told him when to lay off the spice.

Watching Saturday Night Live with Sydney Sweeney. I like that she acknowledged what a disaster Madame Web was.

Around the Network

The last two days I finished watching "Ice Age" and "Kung Fu Panda" both which I fell asleep during the last weekend.... lol

Still Good movies - hopefully I dont fall asleep to whatever I watch next week

Clips of the original Transformers cartoon. As awful as he was, sometimes it was hard to not feel bad for Starscream.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 08 March 2024

Station 19. They took too long to kill Michael Dixon.

Through season 1 of The Sopranos and into season 2. Not sure if I will watch it all the way to the end or not. So far it's just decent as I'm having a very hard time empathizing with a mobster.