By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Game Grumps' playthrough of Tears of The Kingdom. I can't help but be exasperated at Arin's handling of key game mechanics and objectives, but at least I still get lots to laugh at. ^^

Around the Network

I watched Fantastic Fungi again, my wife wanted to watch it as well

Great documentary, eye opening, especially in why the research in psychedelics for healing purposes was put on ice for over 30 years with many things erased. Mostly thanks to Nixon and his war on drugs to get kids to keep fighting in the Vietnam war... And now still mostly ignored because big pharma isn't interested in experiences that can cure people in a few treatments.

How to change your mind follows up on this in more detail. I've only watched the first episode of that so far about the healing powers of LSD. A long time demonized drug, now also making a comeback to treat PTSD and anxiety.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36266118/

Another eye opening documentary I watched last night "Stamped from the beginning" about the ongoing struggle of being black in the USA based on Ibram X. Kendi's bestseller. A must watch imo. It ties of lot of things together revealing the big picture behind systemic/institutional racism.

It also made me see parallels of what is happening to Palestinians, similar kind of dehumanization / vilification that black people have experienced for centuries. Which with the current war leads to stuff like this https://pakistaniindex.org/2023/11/shooting-near-university-of-vermont-leaves-three-palestinians-injured/

To lighten up the mood, Mike Birbiglia is quite funny, Killing it is as well and a new favorite Ghosts UK. Which is the original from the UK I guess, much better than the watered down American version, which we enjoyed last year. Some comedy to get through all the crap in the world.

SvennoJ said:

I watched Fantastic Fungi again, my wife wanted to watch it as well

Great documentary, eye opening, especially in why the research in psychedelics for healing purposes was put on ice for over 30 years with many things erased. Mostly thanks to Nixon and his war on drugs to get kids to keep fighting in the Vietnam war... And now still mostly ignored because big pharma isn't interested in experiences that can cure people in a few treatments.

How to change your mind follows up on this in more detail. I've only watched the first episode of that so far about the healing powers of LSD. A long time demonized drug, now also making a comeback to treat PTSD and anxiety.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36266118/

Another eye opening documentary I watched last night "Stamped from the beginning" about the ongoing struggle of being black in the USA based on Ibram X. Kendi's bestseller. A must watch imo. It ties of lot of things together revealing the big picture behind systemic/institutional racism.

It also made me see parallels of what is happening to Palestinians, similar kind of dehumanization / vilification that black people have experienced for centuries. Which with the current war leads to stuff like this https://pakistaniindex.org/2023/11/shooting-near-university-of-vermont-leaves-three-palestinians-injured/

To lighten up the mood, Mike Birbiglia is quite funny, Killing it is as well and a new favorite Ghosts UK. Which is the original from the UK I guess, much better than the watered down American version, which we enjoyed last year. Some comedy to get through all the crap in the world.

Nixon won't be missed. Although to be fair, many of the drugs in the war in drugs have done truly horrific things, which I should know because my little cousins lost their father to substance abuse, and their mother almost died the same way. -_-

I'm watching Bluey because it's one of the only preschool shows I can watch without getting a headache. Plus, it has anthropomorphic doggos!! ^^

CaptainExplosion said:

Nixon won't be missed. Although to be fair, many of the drugs in the war in drugs have done truly horrific things, which I should know because my little cousins lost their father to substance abuse, and their mother almost died the same way. -_-

I'm watching Bluey because it's one of the only preschool shows I can watch without getting a headache. Plus, it has anthropomorphic doggos!! ^^

Most of those horrific effects from drug use came after banning drug use. Pushing it into illegality turned it from lab grade drug doses to easier to make physically addictive crap laced with other harmful substances. The irony is that LSD, psilocybin, MDMA are all not physically addictive. (Not entirely safe either without proper care). Making it all illegal got us into heroin, cocaine and meth abuse, next to painkiller/morphine abuse and harmful anti depression drugs. The most harmful drugs are prescribed over the counter...

From my time experimenting with drugs, MDMA changed my life from being determined to commit suicide at some point to opening up, better understanding myself and the walls I had build around me, and seeing the things worth living for. And that was just from a brief time using it.

We recently watched Leo, surprisingly good fun movie. No headaches :)

SvennoJ said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Most of those horrific effects from drug use came after banning drug use. Pushing it into illegality turned it from lab grade drug doses to easier to make physically addictive crap laced with other harmful substances. The irony is that LSD, psilocybin, MDMA are all not physically addictive. (Not entirely safe either without proper care). Making it all illegal got us into heroin, cocaine and meth abuse, next to painkiller/morphine abuse and harmful anti depression drugs. The most harmful drugs are prescribed over the counter...

From my time experimenting with drugs, MDMA changed my life from being determined to commit suicide at some point to opening up, better understanding myself and the walls I had build around me, and seeing the things worth living for. And that was just from a brief time using it.

We recently watched Leo, surprisingly good fun movie. No headaches :)

Why do I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those animated movies that rips out your heart?

Watching more Bluey. Makes me better understand what my parents had to go through with me.

Around the Network

Had a French themed double feature of sorts this week.

Napoleon: Not one of Ridley's best, but still good. It was nice to finally have another historical epic to enjoy. Hope this is the first of a new era for them.

Castlevania: Nocturne: I wasn't sure about its characters at first, but in the end they won me over and the series holds up to its predecessor. Very glad there's more to come.

I watched The last voyage of the Demeter on blu-ray last night. Decent Dracula movie or Alien on a ship as it has been called. Enjoyable ride for visuals and sound, just don't think about the 'plot'.

Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust: What a night and day difference between these two films! The first was an utter waste of 80 minutes of my life, the second just became one of my favorite animated films. The art direction in particular is some of the best I've ever seen. Wish they made more in that style these days.

I watched Sky Ladder: The Art of Cai Guo-qiang last night, it was amazing

Great documentary and look into life in China while following the dreams of the best fireworks artist.

I watched Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny the other day (thanks Disney+) and I'm baffled to why it had to be 2 hrs 34 mins long. The prologue and some other things could've been trimmed.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima