By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I started and finished Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix last night. I absolutely loved it, best animation I watch in awhile, only problem was I ended up going to work today with no sleep because I could not bring my self to stop watching and ended up watching all 8 episodes.

At it heart it a revenge story, but I loved the way they tell the story and intertwine flash back that reveals how the chars become who they are now. In some ways it give me Kill Bill Vibes in that sense. The combat scenes are gory, brutal and at times over the top which I enjoyed.

Around the Network

Attack on Titan finale was great.

Been watching a little bit of Bluey. Now I regret not having kids or having a dog anymore. :(

Cyran said:

I started and finished Blue Eye Samurai on Netflix last night. I absolutely loved it, best animation I watch in awhile, only problem was I ended up going to work today with no sleep because I could not bring my self to stop watching and ended up watching all 8 episodes.

At it heart it a revenge story, but I loved the way they tell the story and intertwine flash back that reveals how the chars become who they are now. In some ways it give me Kill Bill Vibes in that sense. The combat scenes are gory, brutal and at times over the top which I enjoyed.

Just finished it, myself. That exceeded my expectations; one of the best things I've seen all year. Hope it gets a full run, even if that's just a couple more seasons.

Currently we're into Based on a true Story, dark comedy with some Fargo meets Dexter vibes.

And Poker Face is a lot of fun, reminds me of Columbo
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/poker-face-columbo-peacock
It's out favorite atm, fun scenarios so far.

We just started the second season of Killing it, also looks promising.

Back to watching cable, might be time to cancel Netflix as it has been a disappointment for months now :/

Around the Network

I’m watching For All Mankind season 4 after a rewatch of season 1-3.
For those who aren’t familiar with the show, it’s an alternative history drama about the world if the space race didn’t end with each season being about a decade removed from the previous one and taking place across months to years at a time. Created by Ronald D. Moore (writer for TNG and DS9, showrunner for BSG remake and Caprica). It’s also really cool because between seasons they have little shorts, one per year, that keep the viewer informed of what’s happening in the news or culture across the years in between. Despite being a relatively dry concept, the show does something similar to Rome the HBO series where it does POV characters from across social strata: including everything from to a family of a janitor working at NASA with a brilliant daughter, to the families of astronauts, the team at NASA, the astronauts themselves, to the upper echelons of government.

Season 1: 1969-1974, focuses on the moon race, exploration, establishing the first moon base.
Season 2: 1983, focuses on the major political events of this era and the height of the Cold War, as well as expansion of the moon base and the struggle to expand the space program even more, to reach Mars. This season is more character based than the others.
Season 3: 1992-1996, is about the Mars race and the establishment of the Mars base while expanding moon industry. Privately run space firms emerge, and the industrialization of the moon.
Season 4: 2003-????, only one episode is out, so far it has just laid the foundation for the season, although asteroids will have a lot to do with it. The Mars base has expanded into small town and they’re bringing up 50 new colonists a year. They were attempting to bring an asteroid from the asteroid belt into Mars orbit, presumably for mining purposes.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Been watching Bluey because it's a lot nicer than most of what's on TV.

TallSilhouette said:
Cyran said:

Just finished it, myself. That exceeded my expectations; one of the best things I've seen all year. Hope it gets a full run, even if that's just a couple more seasons.

Agreed, I am interested in how they handle the change of location in season 2 and if it will last the entire second season.

The Killer: Not one of Fincher's best or a particularly memorable film, but I do like how it respects the viewer's intelligence and avoids several cliches of the genre. Our assassin doesn't grow a conscience or take on an entire agency or anything like that; we just spend a couple weeks inside the mind of a contract killer (or at least the kind that fiction likes to mythologize). Worth a watch.

Saw the new Kiff from yesterday morning. I can't believe a kids show referenced the bloody elevator from The Shining.