By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I watching The Last of us on 4K blu-ray. It's following the game step for step, I like it. Joel and Ellie are great. I'm only 2 episodes in so far although they're pretty long. It was worth waiting for the blu-ray, looks amazing, sounds great.

Around the Network

Saw Power Rangers Cosmic Fury. I liked it, but wish we could go back to the traditional format of Power Rangers seasons after this.

I just saw The Exorcist: Believer last night. To no one's shock, it's a mess. It starts out promising enough for the first 40 minutes or so with decent build-up, then for the second half, it takes a complete nosedive with a bunch of wasted characters (and too many characters) that go nowhere and a totally wasted Chris McNeil as a legacy character, who could've literally been taken out and nothing would've changed. As a matter of fact, the movie started going downhill ever since she randomly appeared out of nowhere with dumb moments (I'm not joking when I say characters literally point out obvious shit), occasional cringy dialog and shit we've already seen countless times in the dozens of exorcism movies we have already.

Jason Blum needs to stop giving this hack work, or at least stop giving him horror projects. He's batting 1 for 4 on horror films, and I really think Halloween 2018 was him catching lightning in a bottle. No shit he wasn't gonna be the one to finally capture the magic of the classic original (which is still one of the best horror films of all time IMHO) after all the terrible sequels/prequels. DGG should just stick to drama/comedy, his other genre stuff is actually pretty decent, Joe, Pineapple Express, Vice Principals, etc.

The Exorcist film just makes me even more annoyed about the show being cancelled, the show was actually great but typical Fox back then and them cancelling absolutely every good show they produced. Wish that show was revived but instead we get this shitty film, Lol. IIRC the show ended on a bit of a cliff-hanger as well frustratingly.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 October 2023

Watching BattleBots. I wish we could do a version with more humanoid robots, it'd be like a real life Medabots. ^^

Around the Network

Over the last week or so I finally watched Halloween for the first time. Was a really weird experience. Like, I enjoyed it, but felt like a product of it's time.
I then went on to watch the new Halloween sequels (since they're a direct sequel to the first) and I have to say that for as maligned as Halloween Ends seems to be on forums, I throughly enjoyed it.

Had a good time with those 4 films.

twintail said:

Over the last week or so I finally watched Halloween for the first time. Was a really weird experience. Like, I enjoyed it, but felt like a product of it's time.
I then went on to watch the new Halloween sequels (since they're a direct sequel to the first) and I have to say that for as maligned as Halloween Ends seems to be on forums, I throughly enjoyed it.

Had a good time with those 4 films.

Skip Halloween III, it was a massive piece of shit. -_-

Funny Power Rangers commercial from 1994.

Rewatching For All Mankind leading up to the season 4 premiere.
Also watching a number of horror films this month.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TV Series

Finished watching One Piece Live Action - really enjoyed it, surprised at how good it was. Proven wrong like when I first played Kingdom Hearts lol.

Wife loved it as well and she doesnt watch anime.

Movies

Minnal Murali (Netflix) - From the same director as the RDX movie I talked about in my last post in this thread. Generic super hero film but still a feel good movie - was pretty good, better than any of the recent MCU films.

James and the Giant Peach (Disney+) - a classic, this is like my 25th+ time watching it but watched it with my wife and it was her first time watching it. She really enjoyed it though I have to say the visual grade of this version on D+ not so good, they need to remaster it in 4k.

The Pope’s Exorcist (Netflix) - I love Exorcist type movies and horror movies are one of my favorite genres. Really liked this one and cant wait for the sequel (which has been confirmed)

Us (Netflix) - I enjoyed Get Out and Nope, but out of the three Jordan Peele films, Us is my favorite one. Cant wait to see the next Jordan Peele flick.

Anime

Blue Orchestra - it was 50/50, great beginning but the second half was a bit slow, hopefully the story picks up in the sequel and more character development occurs.

Bungo Stray Dogs 5th Season -
Hyped up, loved this season and it has one of the best EDs I heard.

Edens Zero 2nd Season
- wanting more, cant wait for the next season

FLCL: Grunge
 - awful 3D animation style but they brought back the original's OST

FLCL: Shoegaze - better than Grunge but nothing like the original. Sequel to Alternative which was okay too

Monster Diner - short donghua animation, nothing special

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation 2nd Season - its okay but the main character is still a creep lol

Pokemon Movie 11: Giratina and the Sky Warrior - its okay, there's been better Pokemon movies

Rent-a-Girlfriend Season 3 - really liked it

Soulmate Adventure - its meh, like some donghua, the budget went to the fighting animations and the rest suffered.

The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses
- really enjoyed this slice of life

The Misfit of Demon King Academy 2 - its okay

New season and new list

Tales From The Crypt. I prefer the ones where all the scummy characters get what they deserve.