By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

curl-6 said:
Spindel said:

Regarding the aksonom armour, I have all parts except one crystal thingie (and my pets ar fully Asksonomized) for a full armour set. Since I'm still in the first area (shrine ruins) can you find it there or do I have to wait until I explore further?

(I'm guessing this part is something the Aksonom does not drop but you have to mine for it)

Malachite Ore is found in the crystal deposits in the Flooded Forest map, at least that's where I got mine and the only place so far I've encountered it.

I found Malachite Ore also in the sandy plains. But yeah, not Shrine Ruins or Frost Islands.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Ive played the game for 40 hours since release.. I cant stop playing...even better gonna have a 4 day weekend this weekend with easter..so theres going to be some monster hunting :D

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

There is a video with a *basic* guide how to use each weapon. For anyone want to trying out another weapon and is initially confused what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rl9vu3laDA&ab_channel=CaptainAstronaut

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I'm using the sword and shield atm. I'm thinking I'll stick with this and then try out some of the ranged weapons

Baddman said:

I'm using the sword and shield atm. I'm thinking I'll stick with this and then try out some of the ranged weapons

Sword and shield and lance are the two easiest weapons to use, I find.

They're my two mains, though once I've progressed a bit further and I have a bigger stockpile of materials I plan on also getting into the dual blades, charge blade, insect glaive, and gunlance.

What's everyone else's main?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Baddman said:

As I said earlier I play dual swords. 

I tried swtichaxe for a brief stint, but the play style was to different and since I'm still a n00b I feel I need to get the hang of one weapon first. And because I'm an idiot I just found that there is a sheet with the combos for the weapon in the game (like X+X+X+A+X) etc. 

I've been going through the single player mode, and I gotta say, I love the random Palamute designs you get from the buddy trainer.

curl-6 said:
Baddman said:

Sword and shield and lance are the two easiest weapons to use, I find.

They're my two mains, though once I've progressed a bit further and I have a bigger stockpile of materials I plan on also getting into the dual blades, charge blade, insect glaive, and gunlance.

Been using Gunlance, but I think I'll give the Bow n' Arrow a try for my second playthrough, or when I hit the highest ranks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypK914dS3uk&ab_channel=Blunty

curl-6 said:

I'm currently using charge blade and having so much fun. I have been maining different weapons since tri (Great sword, long sword, hammer, dual blades, gun lance and switch axe) and charge blade is my favorite. 

Also regarding the discussion of transporting items. I noticed when transporting berylium that using a wirebug straight down on the ground after a big fall saved it so if you just put yourself close to the ground after the wirebug the object being transported won't break regardless of how big the fall is. Difficulty is of course timing and aiming but it wasn't too bad.

I'm having so much fun with wirebug and the new explorable areas went to the 5th area for the first time late yesterday before going to bed. I did an exploration quest and wandered around avoiding large monsters and spent 70-80 minutes just wandering about. I went to bed about 50 minutes later than planned but it was so much fun. 

I just learned that I can wall-run. I knew after I wirebugged myself at a wall, my character runs a short distance on the wall, but I thought that's it. But I can hold the Dash-button (R) and keep running up the wall until my stamina is off. Also drifting with the Palamute is fun. All these new mobility options are fun. Make traversing the environment much more enjoyable.

And with the relic records there is actually a reason to explore. It kills me that even fro Shrine ruins I just found two of the ten so far. Speaking of exploration, did you all found the Cohoot nest in the Buddy plaza?