By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

Mnementh said:
Spindel said:

I've kind of found love in dual blades :)

But I'm gettin better, it's just a learning curve, specially since I have no previous MH experience. 

Strongest memory so far was my bout with Aknosom (only had one so far), I managed to kill it with less than 1 minute left on the quest timer :P

Now I'm perplexed because it fled back to it's nest, where there are wyvern eggs that you can pick up but not bring back from the mission. Guess I'll figure out what those are for later on. 

But the game is currently a bit overwhelming, I mean I pick up tons of plants and crafting materials that I never use. Maybe I should start to figure out when to use dung bombs and the like. 

Oh, these moments when you finish the quest at the last moment are so precious.

I also found the wyvern eggs, but didn't use them yet. Speaking from past games: if you bring them back to the supply box in your camp, you get points (which relates to money+Kamura points in this game). But holding the egg restricts your movement and dodge rolls, falling or being attacked breaks the egg. Past games often had a 'deliver an egg' quest. They are a different sort of challenge. In this case I have no idea how to bring the egg back, as the nest is as far away from the camp as possible and lots of obstacles in the way. I should try if I can ride the Palamute while holding the egg, that should make this easier.

You can’t ride the Palamute while holding the egg allready tried that ;)

Around the Network
Spindel said:
Mnementh said:

Oh, these moments when you finish the quest at the last moment are so precious.

I also found the wyvern eggs, but didn't use them yet. Speaking from past games: if you bring them back to the supply box in your camp, you get points (which relates to money+Kamura points in this game). But holding the egg restricts your movement and dodge rolls, falling or being attacked breaks the egg. Past games often had a 'deliver an egg' quest. They are a different sort of challenge. In this case I have no idea how to bring the egg back, as the nest is as far away from the camp as possible and lots of obstacles in the way. I should try if I can ride the Palamute while holding the egg, that should make this easier.

Dammit. So this will be a *very* long walk back to base.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Spindel said:

Best part is that you probably can't bring it back the way the bird flies without breaking it, you have to go on the twisty path back which is even longer :)

BTW how do you even get it back up to the camp? Is there a walkable path up (because I haven't found it I've always thrown my self down the cliff by the water fall). 

Hey look at me, I had never played a MH game until this friday and now I'm talking like a pro ;)

Spindel said:
Mnementh said:

Best part is that you probably can't bring it back the way the bird flies without breaking it, you have to go on the twisty path back which is even longer :)

BTW how do you even get it back up to the camp? Is there a walkable path up (because I haven't found it I've always thrown my self down the cliff by the water fall). 

Hey look at me, I had never played a MH game until this friday and now I'm talking like a pro ;)

Welcome to the hunting fever! (-:

I think you can use the Wirebug while carrying the egg. But getting it around with the Wirebug without breaking it on landing probably involves some advanced wirebug skills.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

I can't stop thinking about this game. I am eagerly waiting for my bro to get it so we can go on some hunts together

Around the Network

Sorry that I haven't been very active in this thread, I've been thinking about this game non-stop since before release and now that I have it, I've been playing it non-stop (well, kind of ... relative to my usual gaming habits, at least ). 

This game is really great. I can't believe that I've logged 16 hours in already and I'm only at village star 3, because I've been taking it slow and enjoying it so much. 

I'll post a more in-depth critique later as I no doubt have and will have criticisms, but for now I'm pleasantly surprised by how much this is meeting my insanely-unrealistic  expectations. 

If anyone wants to play add me on Switch: 4123-1847-5415 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sorry that I haven't been very active in this thread, I've been thinking about this game non-stop since before release and now that I have it, I've been playing it non-stop (well, kind of ... relative to my usual gaming habits, at least ). 

This game is really great. I can't believe that I've logged 16 hours in already and I'm only at village star 3, because I've been taking it slow and enjoying it so much. 

I'll post a more in-depth critique later as I no doubt have and will have criticisms, but for now I'm pleasantly surprised by how much this is meeting my insanely-unrealistic  expectations. 

If anyone wants to play add me on Switch: 4123-1847-5415 

I also play slowly, mostly solo in village quests with a lot of expeditions. And enjoying it very much as well.

Seeing your sig:

Now that I played the game I recognize the elements. The bunny dango, Magnamalo and Bombadgy, the wirebug. Hinoa and Minoto, Yomogi the chef and Buddy Handler Iori. And my three pets. Nice!

Spindel said:
Mnementh said:

OK, I just made an expedition to the shrine ruins, just to test the transportation of the wyvern egg. As you said, I cannot use the Palamute, which is a pity. But both wirebug and climbing walls covered with ivy works though. The climbing looks extremely awkward with the character holding the egg against it's body with one hand and climbing with the other, but I cannot deny the results. Both the wall at the wyvern nest and the wall before the camp are covered in ivy, so you can climb both. Faster way down or up is via wirebug, but if you calculate the height of your jumps wrong you break the egg. Climbing is slower and much more secure. So scaling the walls you actually can take the path the bird flies, which I did. I had to wait though, as Aknosom decided to land just at the next part of the path just as I was about to get there, so I had to wait until he decided to go, to avoid attacks which could break the egg. You deliver the egg at the blue supply box in the camp, just interact with it. I got 350 account points, which translate 1:1 to both money and Kamura points at the end of the quest. I also saw, that you can get a side quest to deliver transport items, which the wyvern egg is an example of.

So for another challenge without fighting you can try and deliver that. I recommend eating up enough rations to have full stamina, as you want to run as much as possible, as the egg slows you down a lot.

Just unlocked Switch skills. Damn this game just keeps bringing back all the cool stuff that World left out!

Baddman said:

I can't stop thinking about this game. I am eagerly waiting for my bro to get it so we can go on some hunts together

Right with you there, this is the kind of game that really gets its hooks into you and takes up a lot of time and mindspace, which for me at least is great.

I've now slain Aknosom, (gonna build his full armor set) and Tetranodon, tonight I'm gonna hit up the Flooded Forest to kill Royal Ludroth and Wroggi. As a veteran of MH Tri, I'm really looking forward to seeing both Flooded Forest and Sandy Plains reimagined not just in better graphics but with Rise's newfound freedom and verticality.

I still haven't died yet, the game is definitely a lot easier than older games like 3 and 4, but that's no bad thing in my opinion.

Also, wtvern riding is freaking awesome. In my fight with Aknosom, Arzuros turned up and was knocked into a mountable state by the stronger monster, so I mounted the bear and tore into Aknosom, it was epic. This is also great for getting materials as it makes tons of shinies drop.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 March 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.