By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This game is really great. I can't believe that I've logged 16 hours in already and I'm only at village star 3, because I've been taking it slow and enjoying it so much. 

We have different perspectives :)

I have kids and got a lot of gaming done this weekend, from my perspective and that was about 5 hours. :)



Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I've now slain Aknosom, (gonna build his full armor set) and Tetranodon, tonight I'm gonna hit up the Flooded Forest to kill Royal Ludroth and Wroggi. As a veteran of MH Tri, I'm really looking forward to seeing both Flooded Forest and Sandy Plains reimagined not just in better graphics but with Rise's newfound freedom and verticality.

Just yesterday after work I made expedition tours to get a first impression of both areas and uncover my map.

In the flooded forest Tri where was a cave with a lake in it. On one wall was at the left side climbable ivy to reach a path on top of the wall, which connected two different areas. This cave looks like it is just lifted from Tri here. Given, as you cannot swim or dive in Rise, the lake is turned into shallow water you can walk through, but it is still filled with Ludroth. the surroundings are different and new though. And ah yes, the camp area is familiar too, although now with the wirebug you can go find stuff above your tent.

The camp area in Sandy Plains looks familiar too, but I am not sure if from Tri or 4. Other than that it seems mostly new (well, there is a big sand plain with Delex swimming in it, but that is just sand). Sandy Plains has a lot of verticality. I just wanted to jump from a rock to the earth, but I didn't noticed a deep chasm between the two and landed right deep into a cave area underneath all of it. Lot's of climabable walls. A nice touch in Sandy Plains is, that some areas are sunbleached and feel extremely like desert, but some deeper valleys with more shadow show actually a bit of green and Kelbi instead of the Desert monsters. These details that show some interest in the nature of the world is one thing I like so much about Monster Hunter. It doesn't feel like just a world made for a game, but a world with wildlife that has grown naturally. Evolution just lead to a lot of big beasts and humans adapted to that.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 30 March 2021

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well, I now the proud owner of a beautiful full set of Aknosom armour. Monster Hunter definitely still has that addictive loop of hunting to craft and crafting to hunt.

Mnementh said:
curl-6 said:

I've now slain Aknosom, (gonna build his full armor set) and Tetranodon, tonight I'm gonna hit up the Flooded Forest to kill Royal Ludroth and Wroggi. As a veteran of MH Tri, I'm really looking forward to seeing both Flooded Forest and Sandy Plains reimagined not just in better graphics but with Rise's newfound freedom and verticality.

Just yesterday after work I made expedition tours to get a first impression of both areas and uncover my map.

In the flooded forest Tri where was a cave with a lake in it. On one wall was at the left side climbable ivy to reach a path on top of the wall, which connected two different areas. This cave looks like it is just lifted from Tri here. Given, as you cannot swim or dive in Rise, the lake is turned into shallow water you can walk through, but it is still filled with Ludroth. the surroundings are different and new though. And ah yes, the camp area is familiar too, although now with the wirebug you can go find stuff above your tent.

The camp area in Sandy Plains looks familiar too, but I am not sure if from Tri or 4. Other than that it seems mostly new (well, there is a big sand plain with Delex swimming in it, but that is just sand). Sandy Plains has a lot of verticality. I just wanted to jump from a rock to the earth, but I didn't noticed a deep chasm between the two and landed right deep into a cave area underneath all of it. Lot's of climabable walls. A nice touch in Sandy Plains is, that some areas are sunbleached and feel extremely like desert, but some deeper valleys with more shadow show actually a bit of green and Kelbi instead of the Desert monsters. These details that show some interest in the nature of the world is one thing I like so much about Monster Hunter. It doesn't feel like just a world made for a game, but a world with wildlife that has grown naturally. Evolution just lead to a lot of big beasts and humans adapted to that.

Yeah I just played Flooded Forest for the first time and it was really cool seeing the familiar landmarks reimagined into an open map. And yeah, Sandy Plains is originally from Tri just like Flooded Forest; Rise intentionally goes for a lot of third generation (Tri/Portable 3rd) nostalgia.

I also love that the maps feel less like video game levels and more like believable, natural environments. That's always been a real strength of the series and I'm glad it's very much present here.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

Well, I now the proud owner of a beautiful full set of Aknosom armour. Monster Hunter definitely still has that addictive loop of hunting to craft and crafting to hunt.

Mnementh said:

Just yesterday after work I made expedition tours to get a first impression of both areas and uncover my map.

In the flooded forest Tri where was a cave with a lake in it. On one wall was at the left side climbable ivy to reach a path on top of the wall, which connected two different areas. This cave looks like it is just lifted from Tri here. Given, as you cannot swim or dive in Rise, the lake is turned into shallow water you can walk through, but it is still filled with Ludroth. the surroundings are different and new though. And ah yes, the camp area is familiar too, although now with the wirebug you can go find stuff above your tent.

The camp area in Sandy Plains looks familiar too, but I am not sure if from Tri or 4. Other than that it seems mostly new (well, there is a big sand plain with Delex swimming in it, but that is just sand). Sandy Plains has a lot of verticality. I just wanted to jump from a rock to the earth, but I didn't noticed a deep chasm between the two and landed right deep into a cave area underneath all of it. Lot's of climabable walls. A nice touch in Sandy Plains is, that some areas are sunbleached and feel extremely like desert, but some deeper valleys with more shadow show actually a bit of green and Kelbi instead of the Desert monsters. These details that show some interest in the nature of the world is one thing I like so much about Monster Hunter. It doesn't feel like just a world made for a game, but a world with wildlife that has grown naturally. Evolution just lead to a lot of big beasts and humans adapted to that.

Yeah I just played Flooded Forest for the first time and it was really cool seeing the familiar landmarks reimagined into an open map. And yeah, Sandy Plains is originally from Tri just like Flooded Forest; Rise intentionally goes for a lot of third generation (Tri/Portable 3rd) nostalgia.

I also love that the maps feel less like video game levels and more like believable, natural environments. That's always been a real strength of the series and I'm glad it's very much present here.

Regarding the aksonom armour, I have all parts except one crystal thingie (and my pets ar fully Asksonomized) for a full armour set. Since I'm still in the first area (shrine ruins) can you find it there or do I have to wait until I explore further?

(I'm guessing this part is something the Aksonom does not drop but you have to mine for it)



Spindel said:
curl-6 said:

Well, I now the proud owner of a beautiful full set of Aknosom armour. Monster Hunter definitely still has that addictive loop of hunting to craft and crafting to hunt.

Yeah I just played Flooded Forest for the first time and it was really cool seeing the familiar landmarks reimagined into an open map. And yeah, Sandy Plains is originally from Tri just like Flooded Forest; Rise intentionally goes for a lot of third generation (Tri/Portable 3rd) nostalgia.

I also love that the maps feel less like video game levels and more like believable, natural environments. That's always been a real strength of the series and I'm glad it's very much present here.

Regarding the aksonom armour, I have all parts except one crystal thingie (and my pets ar fully Asksonomized) for a full armour set. Since I'm still in the first area (shrine ruins) can you find it there or do I have to wait until I explore further?

(I'm guessing this part is something the Aksonom does not drop but you have to mine for it)

Malachite Ore is found in the crystal deposits in the Flooded Forest map, at least that's where I got mine and the only place so far I've encountered it.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Spindel said:

Regarding the aksonom armour, I have all parts except one crystal thingie (and my pets ar fully Asksonomized) for a full armour set. Since I'm still in the first area (shrine ruins) can you find it there or do I have to wait until I explore further?

(I'm guessing this part is something the Aksonom does not drop but you have to mine for it)

Malachite Ore is found in the crystal deposits in the Flooded Forest map, at least that's where I got mine and the only place so far I've encountered it.

I found Malachite Ore also in the sandy plains. But yeah, not Shrine Ruins or Frost Islands.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Ive played the game for 40 hours since release.. I cant stop playing...even better gonna have a 4 day weekend this weekend with easter..so theres going to be some monster hunting :D



If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

There is a video with a *basic* guide how to use each weapon. For anyone want to trying out another weapon and is initially confused what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rl9vu3laDA&ab_channel=CaptainAstronaut



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm using the sword and shield atm. I'm thinking I'll stick with this and then try out some of the ranged weapons



Baddman said:

I'm using the sword and shield atm. I'm thinking I'll stick with this and then try out some of the ranged weapons

Sword and shield and lance are the two easiest weapons to use, I find.

They're my two mains, though once I've progressed a bit further and I have a bigger stockpile of materials I plan on also getting into the dual blades, charge blade, insect glaive, and gunlance.

What's everyone else's main?



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.