By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

It's almost like two different games when played solo vs in a team I find.

In solo, the heat is constantly on you so you have to play more cautiously, take advantages of brief openings without getting greedy, and while it's tougher, its immensely rewarding when the monster finally goes down and you feel like you've overcome a huge undertaking.

In multiplayer, the monster's attention is more divided between the players so there's less pressure on the individual, but there's this great sense of camaraderie that comes from taking it down together.

Both are amazing and I can think of few other games where both are so equally enjoyable.

Around the Network

Damn those relic artifacts are killing me.

I've found maybe 70% of them so far. The one closest to completion is Frost Islands where I'm missing no 2 and no 10. I refuse to look it up on internet but damn it those are hard to find.

Currently doing HR7 quests (so far only played single player) and now I've started to fail quest (apart from Zinogre HR6) a bit mor often. On the first attempt I failed that spider thingy that I don't remember the name of in the first try. Irritating thing is I became greedy and got "stuck" in a combo because the blue icon (which means the monster is almost defeated) appeard and I thought I would finish the job quick. Then the same thing on Magnalomo :P

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mnementh said:

As I prefer single player, I really wish they had high rank village quests. I can solo the hub quests, but high rank gets really difficult in hub.

It's funny you say that, because this is the first Monster Hunter title where hub quests have been tuned for one player as well (whereas before monsters only had tuning for 2, 3, and 4 players in hub, so you'd have to do tuning for two people while playing solo). 

In other words, high rank village would be just as difficult or nearly as difficult as high rank single player hub most likely. 

Nope. Low rank hub quests are still more difficult than the similar village quests.

It may be true that the hub quests scale down more now, but they are still significantly more difficult.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Just beat Rakna-Kadaki (really cool fight and monster btw) and reached HR7.

Maxed out Dober armour topped off with the stacked armour talon and charm seem to be keeping me alive for now. And holy moly High Rank gear gets expensive.

A new digital event will be held on the 26th of May 7am PDT to unveil the next major update, Version 3.0. 

Can't wait to see what they have in store for us next. So is everyone else up to, anyone slain all three of the 2.0 Elder Dragons yet?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 May 2021

Around the Network

Fingers crossed we are getting new elder dragons in 3.0.

Version 3.0 out now, featuring Valstrax, Apex Zinogre, and new story content.

Can't wait to get stuck into it!

Capcom have also revealed a roadmap for some future updates:

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 May 2021

So my frenzy with this game has died off a bit by now but yesterday I beat Narwa for the first time and man I thought that fight was boring.

Now onwards with the add on content etc, will probably play the game at a slower tempo now. But I've clocked somewhere between 100-105 hours so far so I still think the game has given me it's moneys worth of gaming, also initially I played the game almost obsessively.

I've taken a break from it to play Ori and the Will of the Wisps just short of the final boss, once I'm done with Ori I'll jump back in.

Built a full set of Rajang armor for the big fight, and still wanna make Damascus and Magnomalo sets just cos they look amazing. I kept forgetting there was an option to join other people's quests and only recently started using it, holy moly does it make farming for parts a lot more fun!