Favourite Monster: Goss Harag

Most Difficult: (So far) Magnomalo

Unexpectedly challenging: Tobi-Kadachi

Scariest: Nargacuga

Coolest armor set: Bishaten

First to kill me: Magnomalo

Best returning monster: Anjanath

Coolest musical theme: Mizutsune

Also haven't reached the Elder Dragons (Besides Ibushi) just yet.

Around the Network

Can't say it's a game that really grabs me to be honest, played it for about 30 minutes and I just haven't gravitated back to it yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Mnementh said:

OK, a quick summary of my feelings of monsters (didn't got to the elder dragons in the update yet):

my most liked monster: Arzuros (as always, I love that guy)
most elegant monster: Mizutsune
ugly, ugly: Khezu
most frustrating monster: Basarios
most terrifying monster: Zinogre
most epic monster: Magnamalo (that music alone)
most difficult monster: Zinogre
most respectable beard: Almudron

What are your feelings?

EDIT:

most terrifying sound: Rathalos drawing a deep breath

I actually really like Khezu a lot, mainly because it's the only Lovecraftian monster I've encountered in the game. 

Design wise I otherwise like Nargacuga the most.

And if you look a couple of posts back in this thread, you can probably guess that Zinogre is for me so far the most difficult monster (but as I said I've not fought Tigrex in high level yet and on low level I found that to be the most challenging monster).  

Spindel said:
Mnementh said:

OK, a quick summary of my feelings of monsters (didn't got to the elder dragons in the update yet):

my most liked monster: Arzuros (as always, I love that guy)
most elegant monster: Mizutsune
ugly, ugly: Khezu
most frustrating monster: Basarios
most terrifying monster: Zinogre
most epic monster: Magnamalo (that music alone)
most difficult monster: Zinogre
most respectable beard: Almudron

What are your feelings?

EDIT:

most terrifying sound: Rathalos drawing a deep breath

I actually really like Khezu a lot, mainly because it's the only Lovecraftian monster I've encountered in the game. 

And if you look a couple of posts back in this thread, you can probably guess that Zinogre is for me so far the most difficult monster (but as I said I've not fought Tigrex in high level yet and on low level I found that to be the most challenging monster).  

Well, I don't think Khezu is really scary or anything, which just leaves it as ugly. I cannot avoid the comparisons to Tri, as this was my first MonHun game, and it contains a monster which is on the surface pretty similar to Khezu and that is Gigginox. But Despite the superficial similarities Gigginox was a lot scarier. Maybe the music, the fact that you encountered it only in caves which were a bit creepy to begin with, and the fact that it changed color and it's moveset played a role here. But Gigginox wasn't just ugly, it was creepy and fun to fight. Khezu just looks ugly. Well, my feelings about that at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lrVpBa5t5o

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Favourite Monster in general: Goss Harag, Bazel and Chameleos

Favourite New Monster: Goss Harag, easily and Mizutzune as second place. I guess Magna would be 3rd. 

Best returning monster: Zinogre, Chameleos and Bazel. Its hard to pick, they're all amongst my favorite. 

Most improved: Kushala. Its usually a drag of a fight, but this game changed its mechanics and moveset and its very enjoyable now. 

Worst Monster: Jyura. Its just a dull design and an overall boring fight.  

Ugly Ugly: Khezu, I guess? Like, whats the point of Khezu. 

Most Difficult: Teostra. But I do feel its still somewhat easier than usual tbh. In general I dont feel there are legit hard monsters in this game.

Unexpectedly challenging: Tobi-Kadachi, it being the only returning monster that I feel actually got more difficult. 

Unexpectedly easy: Narga, since it no longer causes the bleeing status, it feels easier than before. But its overall the same fight from World as far as moveset goes. 

Scariest: None... Angry Teostra maybe?

Coolest armor set: Magnomalo and Goss Harag. Both awesome. 

First to kill me: Magnomalo in HR

Coolest musical theme: Magnomalo

Hope they add in future updates: Variant monsters aside (which I hope theres a lot) - I really wanna get Namielle. That fight was so very enjoyable. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 04 May 2021

Around the Network

I just did my first sub 5 min HR Rathalos while playing on handheld! So happy. My new set also seems to have made me more consistent.

Also, I've just build my first Bow set and will be trying it on some online hunts. I started with a pierce one (Narga), but now I don't know if I should have gone the Rapid route first.

Mnementh said:
Spindel said:

Well, I don't think Khezu is really scary or anything, which just leaves it as ugly. I cannot avoid the comparisons to Tri, as this was my first MonHun game, and it contains a monster which is on the surface pretty similar to Khezu and that is Gigginox. But Despite the superficial similarities Gigginox was a lot scarier. Maybe the music, the fact that you encountered it only in caves which were a bit creepy to begin with, and the fact that it changed color and it's moveset played a role here. But Gigginox wasn't just ugly, it was creepy and fun to fight. Khezu just looks ugly. Well, my feelings about that at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lrVpBa5t5o

Yeah, speaking as a MH Tri veteran, Gigginox is way, way cooler than Khezu. Especially when you fight him in that really dark cave just by torchlight.

Apparently Khezu is really popular in Japan which is why he was included in Rise over Gigginox, but the latter is easily the superior monster in my opinion too.

I beat Magnamalo Yesterday. now onto 5 star quest

As I prefer single player, I really wish they had high rank village quests. I can solo the hub quests, but high rank gets really difficult in hub.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

As I prefer single player, I really wish they had high rank village quests. I can solo the hub quests, but high rank gets really difficult in hub.

It's funny you say that, because this is the first Monster Hunter title where hub quests have been tuned for one player as well (whereas before monsters only had tuning for 2, 3, and 4 players in hub, so you'd have to do tuning for two people while playing solo). 

In other words, high rank village would be just as difficult or nearly as difficult as high rank single player hub most likely.