By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

I like how the update has a ton stuff included but I can barely see any difference in my file (as of now).

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

The game has now passed 6 million copies sold, and Capcom have sent out another thank you package; talk to the courier palico to claim a bunch of items such as mega potions and mega demondrugs:

https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise/us/topics/itempack/

I just discovered that A + X and then A + X again procs Wyrmstake cannon. Been playing 100 hours of Rise and just now found this out! Does anybody else have a combo that goes off if they hit A + X twice in a row?

Cerebralbore101 said:

I just discovered that A + X and then A + X again procs Wyrmstake cannon. Been playing 100 hours of Rise and just now found this out! Does anybody else have a combo that goes off if they hit A + X twice in a row?

Doesn't hunter notes for the weapon say this. 

Because there are combos written down if you go in to hunter notes and weapon info

Man, the difficulty is starting to ramp up in earnest now I'm in 6 star tier, the monsters hit hard and even in a team I'm having to play cautiously like I normally would when going it solo.

Just got the Dober armour; love how it looks, especially how it resembles the Barbarian set from BOTW.

So for those who are up to it, does the 2.0 update just add an 8 star tier that's the elder dragons and Apex monster hunts?

Around the Network

And with version 2.0 they've added about $30 of MTX into the store. This is pure greed from Capcom. If I didn't love the MH series with every fiber of my being I'd be giving up on it because of this. The new sticker set should be free. Being able to go back to the character creation screen should be free. Several hairstyles and tattoos should be free. Stuff like that comes completely free in other games, and costs next to nothing to make.

Yeah while I absolutely love the game, and it doesn't affect me personally as I don't want any of the paid stuff, it is pretty shitty that the plague of cosmetic microtransactions has taken hold in the MH series. At least they're not locking armor sets or weapons behind a paywall I guess.

curl-6 said:

Yeah while I absolutely love the game, and it doesn't affect me personally as I don't want any of the paid stuff, it is pretty shitty that the plague of cosmetic microtransactions has taken hold in the MH series. At least they're not locking armor sets or weapons behind a paywall I guess.

Yeah, the moment they lock changing your armor color behind a MTX is the moment I'm out.

A story from the life of an amature monster hunter:

So I’ve now played for a while and reached HR6, I’ve finished all village quest, hub quests and the rampage quests that I have to do up until HR6. I’ve also finished some HR6 quests and considered I was progressing well. During this journey I’ve carted a few times, some times because over ambition, some times because of sloppyness but yeah shit happends but never failed a quest.

In good spirit I start the HR6 hunt for Zingore and I get completley obliterated and fail that quest, TWICE!

It’s like WTF just happened to that monster, from in previous encounters being a bit of a challange (but not the hardest of the minsters) I get completley stomped. The biggest issue is that if I do an tiny misstake I get stuck (as can’t evade or get away) in one of Zingores combos that basically takes my life bar from 100 % to 0 % in one swoop because the ”stun” effect wears off just in time for the next hit.

Man shit just got real and I’m starting to worry about my first high level encounter with Tigrex, that was the monster that I’ve found to be the hardest in lower level hunts.

Spindel said:

A story from the life of an amature monster hunter:

So I’ve now played for a while and reached HR6, I’ve finished all village quest, hub quests and the rampage quests that I have to do up until HR6. I’ve also finished some HR6 quests and considered I was progressing well. During this journey I’ve carted a few times, some times because over ambition, some times because of sloppyness but yeah shit happends but never failed a quest.

In good spirit I start the HR6 hunt for Zingore and I get completley obliterated and fail that quest, TWICE!

It’s like WTF just happened to that monster, from in previous encounters being a bit of a challange (but not the hardest of the minsters) I get completley stomped. The biggest issue is that if I do an tiny misstake I get stuck (as can’t evade or get away) in one of Zingores combos that basically takes my life bar from 100 % to 0 % in one swoop because the ”stun” effect wears off just in time for the next hit.

Man shit just got real and I’m starting to worry about my first high level encounter with Tigrex, that was the monster that I’ve found to be the hardest in lower level hunts.

Can you not just do other Key Quests to make up your total? You don't have to do every one.

Zinogre's always been a bastard, I'm thinking of just bypassing his High Rank form myself as I'm not sure I could handle it.