By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter Rise Thread

Kushala + Teostra + Chameleos

Now im excited.

Around the Network

So the monsters are about what I expected, but the news dropped today surprised me in a few positive ways I wasn't really expecting.

-Some Apex Monsters being available outside of rampages

-Layered Armor forgeable?!?!?!

-Next update in MAY

when they originally said the date for the next update would be TBD, I expected like late July-late August. Late may is soo, sooo nice!

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Regular quests for Apex monsters is a nice addition as well. Quest variety is lacking in endgame.

These are all great additions, but yeah, most of these features are almost always available at launch in any recent MH game. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 27 April 2021

The update is live now; I'm downloading it as I type this.

I'm happy with what we're getting; while I'm not that into the Apexs, the addition of Teostra, Kushala, and Chameleos is cool, and the 3.0 update coming in May is much sooner than I was expecting, I was thinking more like sometime in August-November.

At this rate I'll never stop playing this damn game haha. I swear it's more addictive than crack.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

and the 3.0 update coming in May is much sooner than I was expecting, I was thinking more like sometime in August-November.

This isn't other developers .... 

THIS IS CAPCOM 

Spoiler!
jk pls don't hurt me 

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Around the Network

I like how the update has a ton stuff included but I can barely see any difference in my file (as of now).

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The game has now passed 6 million copies sold, and Capcom have sent out another thank you package; talk to the courier palico to claim a bunch of items such as mega potions and mega demondrugs:

https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise/us/topics/itempack/

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I just discovered that A + X and then A + X again procs Wyrmstake cannon. Been playing 100 hours of Rise and just now found this out! Does anybody else have a combo that goes off if they hit A + X twice in a row?

Cerebralbore101 said:

I just discovered that A + X and then A + X again procs Wyrmstake cannon. Been playing 100 hours of Rise and just now found this out! Does anybody else have a combo that goes off if they hit A + X twice in a row?

Doesn't hunter notes for the weapon say this. 

Because there are combos written down if you go in to hunter notes and weapon info

Man, the difficulty is starting to ramp up in earnest now I'm in 6 star tier, the monsters hit hard and even in a team I'm having to play cautiously like I normally would when going it solo.

Just got the Dober armour; love how it looks, especially how it resembles the Barbarian set from BOTW.

So for those who are up to it, does the 2.0 update just add an 8 star tier that's the elder dragons and Apex monster hunts?