By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1173 Greatest Games, as of 2020

Wow, good work OP. Must've taken you a lot of time - your efforts are appreciated.

Yoshi's Island languishing in 58th... at least 57 places too low. Breath of the Wild a worthy winner though.

Around the Network

OMG that 90s list though. Absolutely fapworthy.

Thank you so much mZuzek!

Great work! Number 1 is always the right choice ;)

Thank you for the hard work, mZuzek!

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Great work as always, mZuzek. I will need to spend some time digesting all this great data.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
BraLoD said:

LoD not being #1 really make me lose faith more and more on all of you every year.

It got really close to the top 100 this year, maybe if you start aiming for that you will find happiness one day. It made it higher than any game with 5 votes on the list, despite it only having 4. That's pretty good if you ask me.

PAOerfulone said:

Very solid list overall, though there are a few games hear that I would personally rank a lot higher. If it were up to me Xenoblade Chronicles, Last of Us 2, and Smash Ultimate would all be in the Top 10 and Persona 5 would be my #1. But that's just me.

Well, that's what your list is for I tried using a median-based ranking at one point and Persona 5 was in the top 10 of that one, but ultimately that system had some other flaws I couldn't fix, which is why I went back to the old scoring system.

But about The Last of Us Part 2, I think it did remarkably well given how 2020 games underperformed in general. I suppose many of our users just haven't gotten around to the newer releases yet, definitely get the feeling that it's gonna move higher on the list in later years. And for those who don't like the game, well, it just got another GOTY, sorta.

On a personal level, I was really disappointed with all the people listing Ori and the Blind Forest but not Will of the Wisps. But when I compiled the results and saw that Blind Forest made it into the top 100 (and well into it, too), that just made me really happy. Hopefully we'll get both of them in next year.

I was hoping Ori 2 would rank higher as well. I expect it will do better next year, as more people get around to playing it.

No platform entry for Stadia. It's a bit strange, as you included PCEngine and similar platforms, with only one game. But yeah, not too surprising. In the future maybe it will become interesting to see a streaming section.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I'm glad I could contribute to the inclusion of some more obscure franchises such as Zelda or Mario.

Oh, by the way, I want to appreciate the people who brought some more obscure games to the list, which didn't make my list because 50 is quite limiting. Thank you for listing:

• One Must Fall: 2097 (made my list 2017)
  • Starlink: Battle for Atlas (although missing my list, it was an enjoyable game)
  • Worms Armageddon (Worms are always fun)
  • Wii Play (I love laser hockey)
  • Darksiders
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • World of Goo
  • ChuChu Rocket! (such an adorable puzzle game)
  • Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
  • Quake
  • Beyond Good & Evil

And some games I haven't played yet, but definitely need to. Thanks for the reminder.

• Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling
  • Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
  • Monster Hunter Stories
  • Hyper Light Drifter
  • Heretic II (I like the first one)
  • Frostpunk
  • Viva Piñata
  • Neverwinter Nights
  • Papers, Please
  • VA-11 HALL-A
  • Return of the Obra Dinn

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Once again great work mZuzek!

Signature goes here!