By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: Their 1173 Greatest Games, as of 2020

i didn't expect that #1

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Glad to see a worthy winner in Breath of the Wild.
It's my personal #3 of all time, so not too far off.

BraLoD said:

LoD not being #1 really make me lose faith more and more on all of you every year.

not even in my top 100

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Great work on the list! Well deserved for BOTW!! Also I love the fact that Chrono Trigger score that high!

No surprises for #1, or really the majority of the top 10 for that matter. I knew the top of the list was going to be dominated by Mario and Zelda. Even the former Golden Standard of gaming, Ocarina of Time, a game a lot of people didn't think would be toppled, was finally done in by ANOTHER Zelda game. I get the feeling Breath of the Wild will be that new Golden Standard for a very long time.

Very solid list overall, though there are a few games hear that I would personally rank a lot higher. If it were up to me Xenoblade Chronicles, Last of Us 2, and Smash Ultimate would all be in the Top 10 and Persona 5 would be my #1. But that's just me.

Also, I applaud you @mZuzek for your masterful work. Holy shit, this had to have taken A LOT of time! Thank you for doing this!

Around the Network

Thanks for your work! While BOTW isn't my personal #1, it still is a game deserving a good placement. I kinda understand that heroes of Might and Magic failed the TOP 100, because this site is console-centric and a PC game has a harder time. But the bad result of Katamari Damacy and Dragon Quest Builders 2 just boggles my mind. People seriously need to play these.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Great work mZuzek! Thanks for another year of hosting.

Breath of the Wild’s dominance has been amazing. Personally my #10 game, but obviously it’s great and I can’t complain about a Zelda game at the top. Again. What’s even better though is that even though BotW completely changed the playing field, the old Ocarina of Time, my #1, can still hold it’s ground with a 2nd place with ease. I’d say that’s a testament to the brilliance of that game.

However, I gotta talk about Knights of the Old Republic again. #127 isn’t going to cut it. I want to at least see a nice banner for that game next year. I guess I need to advertise even more.

Anyway, I had fun reading people’s posts, thanks everyone, here’s to another good year!

Great work on this thread. Will have a closer look later.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Surely I won the prize for most unique entries THIS year! I have an image to maintain.

Oh and I guess you did okay this year, raccoon.

Awesome, quite the list. Great that Symphonia made the the top 100.
I see that the new debuts from 2020 also did quite well.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat