By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Official Game of the Year Awards 2020 - Vote Here!

Voted. TLOU2 for GOTY!!!

Around the Network

I can't pick 4 categories and I have tried 3 different browsers and 2 devices. Wtf.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Lets go Cyberpunk

Machina said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Why is Wasteland 3 classified as a strategy title instead of an RPG? Is that from it's turn-based combat?

Yeah, SRPGs - Strategy or RPG? I can move it if you (or anyone else who's played it) thinks it's definitely more RPG than Strategy.

It's okay for me, I voted already, and it became my pick under strategy. Wasteland however is an RPG series, and it's just the combat sequences that are turn-based tactical.

So, I know it wouldn't win anything regardless, but Black Mesa would be my pick for Best Shooter and GOTY if it was added, so I'd appreciate that a lot.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Hard to pick Most Anticipated between Horizon and God of War. Both were great and I have high hopes for the sequels. Went with Horizon simply because it's the more likely of the two to actually arrive in 2021.

Any other year I'd vote a stylized game like Ori for best art direction but it's so impressive how gorgeous Ghost looks just on its composition alone. Never spent more time in a photo mode before.

Btw, would greatly appreciate if Serious Sam 4 is added too Best Music and GOTY categories.

Animal Crossing or Hades deserves GOTY imo. AC felt like it was designed to be the counter to Covid, giving us all an ability to stay home while still staying connected. I'm fairly certain that one game alone helped slow the spread of Covid by a decent amount.

Hades was a completely epic game out of nowhere from a previously unheard of studio. What an entrance into game for that developer!

Bug Fables would be my pick, but I guess since it first launched late 2019 (even though that was just PC) that prevents it from being up for vote this year. It certainly gained more consumer awareness this past year with launches on The Big 3 consoles so it really should count for this year.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons is my overall game of the year.

But Ghost of Tsushima's narrative, music, and art direction impressed me the most.

The most anticipated of 2021 bummed me out so much. There are so few announced games for next year that I'm looking forward to. No joke, Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is my most anticipated game of 2021.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

mZuzek said:
Dulfite said:

Hades was a completely epic game out of nowhere from a previously unheard of studio. What an entrance into game for that developer!

lol

What's funny? Go ask 100 gamers if they have heard of Transistor, Pyre, and Bastion and I suspect 90-99 of them will say no. Is there some other big game of theirs I'm unaware of? Those three are the ones advertised on Supergiant Games website.