By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz's Official Game of the Year Awards 2020 - Vote Here!

Appreciate the efforts. I just voted, I trust my opinion will be the defining factor for this since its objectively the most accurate and valid lol. 

I feel its a bit weird you are making a distinction between Action/Adventure and just plain Adventure? So I guess the question is what constitutes Adventure without action? shouldnt games like Animal Crossing or Spiritfarer be counted in that category?

Around the Network

Voting for Animal Crossing New Horizons as game of the year, for helping people (including myself) through this covid pandemic.

Also a question, will there be a game of the decade vote? If yes, why is it Breath of the Wild?

Machina said:

Any questions or problems not dealt with in the FAQ, please post.

Also post your game addition requests in this thread as well (we always miss some, no matter how hard we try to list every relevant release).

Can you please add Xenoblade DE for RPG

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

*Okay, nice form, let's fill it out*
*Clicking on best shooter* Wait, no Serious Sam 4?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could do with Inertial Drift adding for racing.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Leynos said:

Is it a remaster or a remake?

Remake. Also has 20 hours of additional story. Besides/ Among us is a 2018 game and is up on that ballot

Last edited by Leynos - on 23 December 2020

Machina said:
Leynos said:

Is it a remaster or a remake?

It's a debate that's been had many times on this forum. I think the crux of the issue is that people care too much about the labels and don't argue the point. The problem with adding Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition to this list is that, the fundamental story and gameplay experience aren't changed almost at all. There are some smart changes made, but nothing that couldn't or wouldn't be done in a really good remaster. There is additional content included, but really, the way that content is included is just an epilogue story that in a post-Wii era would probably just serve as DLC for purchase months after the game came out. 

It would probably be my game of the year if it was included as a new game, but at the same time I don't think that validates it being included as one. 

Why is Wasteland 3 classified as a strategy title instead of an RPG? Is that from it's turn-based combat?

Voted

Machina said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It's a debate that's been had many times on this forum. I think the crux of the issue is that people care too much about the labels and don't argue the point. The problem with adding Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition to this list is that, the fundamental story and gameplay experience aren't changed almost at all. There are some smart changes made, but nothing that couldn't or wouldn't be done in a really good remaster. There is additional content included, but really, the way that content is included is just an epilogue story that in a post-Wii era would probably just serve as DLC for purchase months after the game came out. 

It would probably be my game of the year if it was included as a new game, but at the same time I don't think that validates it being included as one. 

Yeah it's hard to know where to draw the line between a remaster and remake sometimes. What is essentially the same game shouldn't really be eligible for more than one year, like you say. But on the other hand I expect a lot of people will want to vote for it, and is it really right to exclude a game that could well win? 

We usually decide on these borderline cases as a group on staff, but voting is live so it's too late to have discussions and staff voting to determine its eligibility. So I've added it to the list and will leave it in the hands of the community.

It has new assets. New artstyle. New character models. Higher polygonal count environments. Running on a new engine. It game gameplay tweaks. Re-recorded music. What else would you call it?