By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

I just read how ridiculously the Digital Foundry guys are attacked, because they do what they do: analyze the technicalities of games. People really are getting nasty because someone on the internet has a different opinion or talks about something that may let the global million dollar coprporation of their choice look bad.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Console wars are a joke. The companies haven't really partaken in them for over a decade. The fanboys and drones are pathetic.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mnementh said:

I just read how ridiculously the Digital Foundry guys are attacked, because they do what they do: analyze the technicalities of games. People really are getting nasty because someone on the internet has a different opinion or talks about something that may let the global million dollar coprporation of their choice look bad.

As pathetic as all of this is, the first two examples were a lot milder than I expected. The last one was more on par with the kind of batshittery and disgusting violent tendencies I've come to expect from soldiers in the console wars.

Of course they are. By their very concept, console wars are pretty idiotic IMO, they bring out the worst in fanboys.  
But also, people are too sensitive when the things they like are being criticized and scrutinized by strangers on the internet.  You shouldnt give two fucks about it and just embrace your shitty taste. 

Around the Network

Compared to politics at the moment, console wars are just the friendliest of disagreements...

Jpcc86 said:

Of course they are. By their very concept, console wars are pretty idiotic IMO, they bring out the worst in fanboys.  
But also, people are too sensitive when the things they like are being criticized and scrutinized by strangers on the internet.  You shouldnt give two fucks about it and just embrace your shitty taste. 

This. Even more: DF makes technical analysis. If you like a game this doesn't change because pixel-count shows that it has lower resolution or it drops some frames. You either like games or dislike them, the technical analysis might be interesting but inconsequential to your tastes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Some people take things just to far.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It always amazes me that some people feel the need to defend a giant company from any kind of criticism as if they actually need it. I would kinda understand if it was some 12-year-olds shouting obscenities because someone said something bad about their favourite shiny new toy, but way too often it's some idiots in their 20s or 30s acting like spoiled kids.

I dont think console wars is the issue here, Twitter is the problem here. You can just say blue is your favorite color and there will be some doxing your family for you not choosing red.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.