By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

Sad and pathetic, though this is nothing new.

Around the Network

I honestly do think DF has a slight bias towards Xbox.
I think you deserve to get critised if your work shows that (instances of bias).
DF make themselves out to be a trusthworthy source of pure technical analyses, and they arnt always.

Thats not to say its okay to harrash them on twitter.
However DF make a liveing off of fanning the flames of the console wars.

also this is twitter, you could say water is wet, and you would still have people get angry at you.

It's always one side going against the other, and vice versa.
Just relax and play your games.

The grass is greener on the other side, right?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

It makes me not want to read twitter, forums and gaming sites. People are so focused on comparing dick sizes they forget gaming is supposed to be fun.

Drakrami said:

This guy works in the media industry and can not take criticism or opinion? Wow, should think about changing their job.

It’s hardly criticism, it’s just mindless trolling and arguing all day. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

I honestly do think DF has a slight bias towards Xbox.
I think you deserve to get critised if your work shows that (instances of bias).
DF make themselves out to be a trusthworthy source of pure technical analyses, and they arnt always.

Thats not to say its okay to harrash them on twitter.
However DF make a liveing off of fanning the flames of the console wars.

also this is twitter, you could say water is wet, and you would still have people get angry at you.

They don’t favour MS. They do some of the most fair analysis of that kind. What you call their bias is in fact yours, not theirs. Sometime, the analysis just don’t go the way you wish it did. 

shikamaru317 said:
sales2099 said:

I was there...the Twilight Princess 8.9 Gamespot riots. So many bans, salt and rage for weeks. Lol what a time. 

Also the launches were pretty bad too forum wise

People rioted over an 8.9? That's not even a bad score, and Gamespot are well known for being tough reviewers compared to most of the other major gaming publications/sites. I could maybe understand fanboy riots if they gave it like a 6/10 when the meta was 95/100, but rioting over an 8.9? smh

How did the fanboys cope when Jim Sterling gave BOTW a 7/10 because he hated the weapon durability system? Slant gave BOTW a 6/10 review as well.

Well at the time GameCube sales were last compared to Xbox and especially PS2. They needed a win. Bragging about a 8 something isn’t the same weight as bragging about a 9. That 0.1 meant everything. Forums were an uncontrollable mess. Sticky threads were ignored. Mods had to enact mass bans and deal with many alt accounts for weeks. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Pemalite said:
sales2099 said:

The pendulum keeps swinging. Digital Foundry was bias against Xbox back in 2013. Then they were bias against PS when Xbox X outperformed PS4 Pro. They hated PS when Series X better optimized last gen titles compared to PS5. Now they hate Xbox because of next gen launch comparisons. And if (yes I said if just in case) Series X devs get used to the late SDK and multiplats favor Xbox in the future Digital Foundry will be accused of being against Sony.

It’s funny and ridiculous when you think about it. But god damn it’s hard to look away. Like seeing a car crash. 

I don't think they were being bias.

They were stating facts and going with the evidence.

In 2013 the Xbox One was soundly beaten by the Playstation 4's technical credentials, in 2017 the Xbox One X beat the Playstation 4 Pro's technical credentials and digital foundries narrative matched those findings.

Digital foundry also tends to backup it's assertions with empirical evidence with commentary that breaks down the technicals so those who aren't tech-heads can get a grasp of how things work.

Digital Foundry doesn't hate the Xbox Series X, they haven't made that statement, if anything they have gone on record multiple times on how much of a fantastic platform it is.

People need to take a chill pill. All the consoles are fantastic platforms, they all have their Pro's and Con's. Brand loyalty has always baffled me, these companies will never send you cake and flowers for your birthday, so why the loyalty?

Oh I was never part of these groups. I’ve always seen DF as objective. They simply show the console with the legit power advantage. Just talking from the perspective of the DF haters. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

A large majority of you know whos have been after DF ever since they started to praise the Xbox One X, because, you know facts are facts and the fact is that was the most powerful console around at the time. Some people saw it as ''betrayal''.

Not surprised at that first image, that’s one of the shilliest of Sony shills on GAF.

I hope no one here has ever been deranged enough to do anything like this.