By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

sales2099 said:
Mummelmann said:

Twitter today is what Gamespot was in 2006. These more modern services sure are taking up some archaic practices.

I was there...the Twilight Princess 8.9 Gamespot riots. So many bans, salt and rage for weeks. Lol what a time. 

Also the launches were pretty bad too forum wise

People rioted over an 8.9? That's not even a bad score, and Gamespot are well known for being tough reviewers compared to most of the other major gaming publications/sites. I could maybe understand fanboy riots if they gave it like a 6/10 when the meta was 95/100, but rioting over an 8.9? smh

How did the fanboys cope when Jim Sterling gave BOTW a 7/10 because he hated the weapon durability system? Slant gave BOTW a 6/10 review as well.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 November 2020

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

There is a lot of sad losers , there is a lot of people who have nothing to do and they spend their days hating, imagine being such a pathetic fucking loser that keeps his days doing nothing but insult, trash talk and behaving and talking like teenager edgelords all day in discord chats of sites and forums that they  donte evenparticipate.

Barkley said:

Huh, reading the two messages in his tweet they aren't even that bad. "Blah blah blah credibility, blah blah blah bias." Just ignore them, it's not like they're personal attacks or death threats. People get much much worse than this.

Every single person that talks about games online gets messages like this.

The difference is that some people are taking such things way too personal. That's why I believe, John would be better off without any social media presence if he is that kind of person.

Console wars are fueled by media incl. DF.

It's like this every gen launch. Just give it time. What I've always noticed is that when there's a clear winner those that supported the "less successful console" at launch will just shut up and hibernate as usual until the next gen launch where they'll act like nothing ever happened. But they'll pop their heads back up every now and then when they feel that their console of choice is picking up steam. Odd bunch I tell ya.

Around the Network

Twitter is awful for comments. The guy needs to get away from social media and just enjoy the new consoles. It's especially bad when you're a public figure. There's going to be trolls and idiots online, just ignore the fanboy nonsense and/or grow thicker skin.

eva01beserk said:

I dont think console wars is the issue here, Twitter is the problem here. You can just say blue is your favorite color and there will be some doxing your family for you not choosing red.

Twitter is probably the most toxic of the mainstream social media sites. Which is why I deleted my account a couple of weeks ago.

shikamaru317 said:
sales2099 said:

I was there...the Twilight Princess 8.9 Gamespot riots. So many bans, salt and rage for weeks. Lol what a time. 

Also the launches were pretty bad too forum wise

People rioted over an 8.9? That's not even a bad score, and Gamespot are well known for being tough reviewers compared to most of the other major gaming publications/sites. I could maybe understand fanboy riots if they gave it like a 6/10 when the meta was 95/100, but rioting over an 8.9? smh

How did the fanboys cope when Jim Sterling gave BOTW a 7/10 because he hated the weapon durability system? Slant gave BOTW a 6/10 review as well.

Don't top IGN on Pokemon "too much water"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:

The pendulum keeps swinging. Digital Foundry was bias against Xbox back in 2013. Then they were bias against PS when Xbox X outperformed PS4 Pro. They hated PS when Series X better optimized last gen titles compared to PS5. Now they hate Xbox because of next gen launch comparisons. And if (yes I said if just in case) Series X devs get used to the late SDK and multiplats favor Xbox in the future Digital Foundry will be accused of being against Sony.

It’s funny and ridiculous when you think about it. But god damn it’s hard to look away. Like seeing a car crash. 

I don't think they were being bias.

They were stating facts and going with the evidence.

In 2013 the Xbox One was soundly beaten by the Playstation 4's technical credentials, in 2017 the Xbox One X beat the Playstation 4 Pro's technical credentials and digital foundries narrative matched those findings.

Digital foundry also tends to backup it's assertions with empirical evidence with commentary that breaks down the technicals so those who aren't tech-heads can get a grasp of how things work.

Digital Foundry doesn't hate the Xbox Series X, they haven't made that statement, if anything they have gone on record multiple times on how much of a fantastic platform it is.

People need to take a chill pill. All the consoles are fantastic platforms, they all have their Pro's and Con's. Brand loyalty has always baffled me, these companies will never send you cake and flowers for your birthday, so why the loyalty?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

This is nothing new on Twitter...