By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

The pendulum keeps swinging. Digital Foundry was bias against Xbox back in 2013. Then they were bias against PS when Xbox X outperformed PS4 Pro. They hated PS when Series X better optimized last gen titles compared to PS5. Now they hate Xbox because of next gen launch comparisons. And if (yes I said if just in case) Series X devs get used to the late SDK and multiplats favor Xbox in the future Digital Foundry will be accused of being against Sony.

It’s funny and ridiculous when you think about it. But god damn it’s hard to look away. Like seeing a car crash. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 23 November 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

That sort of behavior is totally unacceptable. I am all for airing this out and blocking folks who want to get toxic.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Mnementh said:

I just read how ridiculously the Digital Foundry guys are attacked, because they do what they do: analyze the technicalities of games. People really are getting nasty because someone on the internet has a different opinion or talks about something that may let the global million dollar coprporation of their choice look bad.

I feel bad for the guy. He really just would be better off internet outside of making the videos. He literally gets attacked almost everywhere he appears for some reason.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Three solutions
1. Don't visit Twitter
2. Only state the facts / measurements, leave the opinion and speculation out of it
3. Disable the comment section

However DF is being hypocrites here. They do it for the clicks. It doesn't matter which 'side' is ahead, bit of colorful language and speculation here and there and watch the clicks rolling in. If they would review it like rtings for example, 90% of his stuff would be gone and not directed at him.

console wars are so stupid, I wish everyone had the money to buy each console. Maybe that would lessen the console wars. Or maybe not and I am overestimating gamers

Websites allow it for clicks, they know it is immoral. They shouldn't allow it, hell, governments shouldn't allow it. New laws have always been called for.

SvennoJ said:

Three solutions
1. Don't visit Twitter
2. Only state the facts / measurements, leave the opinion and speculation out of it
3. Disable the comment section

However DF is being hypocrites here. They do it for the clicks. It doesn't matter which 'side' is ahead, bit of colorful language and speculation here and there and watch the clicks rolling in. If they would review it like rtings for example, 90% of his stuff would be gone and not directed at him.

Well, if you aren't a bit clickbaity or flame the fans emotions a bit, you won't grow or have success.

It's a little hypocrite though that they complain, because that comes with the job.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Twitter today is what Gamespot was in 2006. These more modern services sure are taking up some archaic practices.