By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

Mummelmann said:

Twitter today is what Gamespot was in 2006. These more modern services sure are taking up some archaic practices.

I was there...the Twilight Princess 8.9 Gamespot riots. So many bans, salt and rage for weeks. Lol what a time. 

Also the launches were pretty bad too forum wise

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Huh, reading the two messages in his tweet they aren't even that bad. "Blah blah blah credibility, blah blah blah bias." Just ignore them, it's not like they're personal attacks or death threats. People get much much worse than this.

Every single person that talks about games online gets messages like this.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

sales2099 said:
Mummelmann said:

Twitter today is what Gamespot was in 2006. These more modern services sure are taking up some archaic practices.

I was there...the Twilight Princess 8.9 Gamespot riots. So many bans, salt and rage for weeks. Lol what a time. 

Also the launches were pretty bad too forum wise

Yeah, 06 and 07 were peak poison and stupidity, it's what drove me away from there and onto these forums instead. I believe I made a good decision there.

Console wars are so lame now compared to past gens, I guess partly due to ps dominating so hard and nintendo minding their own business with portable devices that don't directly compete

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
SvennoJ said:

Three solutions
1. Don't visit Twitter
2. Only state the facts / measurements, leave the opinion and speculation out of it
3. Disable the comment section

However DF is being hypocrites here. They do it for the clicks. It doesn't matter which 'side' is ahead, bit of colorful language and speculation here and there and watch the clicks rolling in. If they would review it like rtings for example, 90% of his stuff would be gone and not directed at him.

Well, if you aren't a bit clickbaity or flame the fans emotions a bit, you won't grow or have success.

It's a little hypocrite though that they complain, because that comes with the job.

Yep, that's what I mean. Not just a little hypocrite. They use click-baity titles / sub titles and colorful language in a tech review, together with a comment section where anything goes with the dumb up and down vote arrows. After all that, you can't complain about getting shit flung at you on Twitter. You stirred it up yourself.

Of course if they do it like rtings, in a professional way, no comment section, no excuses, just measurements, they wouldn't get as much attention. You fan the flames, don't be surprised when you get burned.

DF are fanboys of one thing, LG OLED. They can't stop advertising the things. Have they ever done a burn in test? Nope.

Barkley said:

Huh, reading the two messages in his tweet they aren't even that bad. "Blah blah blah credibility, blah blah blah bias." Just ignore them, it's not like they're personal attacks or death threats. People get much much worse than this.

Every single person that talks about games online gets messages like this.

The difference is that some people are taking such things way too personal. That's why I believe, John would be better off without any social media presence if he is that kind of person.

Console wars are fueled by media incl. DF.

It's like this every gen launch. Just give it time. What I've always noticed is that when there's a clear winner those that supported the "less successful console" at launch will just shut up and hibernate as usual until the next gen launch where they'll act like nothing ever happened. But they'll pop their heads back up every now and then when they feel that their console of choice is picking up steam. Odd bunch I tell ya.

Twitter is awful for comments. The guy needs to get away from social media and just enjoy the new consoles. It's especially bad when you're a public figure. There's going to be trolls and idiots online, just ignore the fanboy nonsense and/or grow thicker skin.