By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - console wars are getting nasty

Well at least Nintendo got out of the arms race so now Microsoft and Sony fans can just battle it out on the internet. Have to say console wars are probably the most dorky and pansy wars ever "fought" on this planet. Well maybe Star Wars vs Star Trek might take the icing on the cake.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Well at least Nintendo got out of the arms race so now Microsoft and Sony fans can just battle it out on the internet. Have to say console wars are probably the most dorky and pansy wars ever "fought" on this planet. Well maybe Star Wars vs Star Trek might take the icing on the cake.

Don't kid yourself, there are still plenty of Nintendo console warriors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hehehehehehehehehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Wman1996 said:

Console wars are a joke. The companies haven't really partaken in them for over a decade. The fanboys and drones are pathetic.

I would disagree with this, on the basis that brand loyalty and investment have been some of the areas modern companies push for the most this days. You do not get to make people pay for a console, a 60$ (soon to be 70$) plus its DLC, a fee for online services that were free not so long ago, whatever extra hardware you need for the system and the ever-increasing streaming services without creating a strong sense of validation over your customers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

Think most Nintendo fans on this site are more interested in sales than comparing pixel count.  We already know we lost the graphics battle but Nintendo art style still shines even on less powerful hardware.  It's just those pesky third party companies that we have hard time courting.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
DonFerrari said:

Think most Nintendo fans on this site are more interested in sales than comparing pixel count.  We already know we lost the graphics battle but Nintendo art style still shines even on less powerful hardware.  It's just those pesky third party companies that we have hard time courting.

It doesn't stop being console war just because it isn't about the power of the hardware. And not to forget that we occasionally will have people on the "artstyle is more important, so since I like this game more then my console is more powerful".

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ryuu96 said:
Drakrami said:

This guy works in the media industry and can not take criticism or opinion? Wow, should think about changing their job.

Big difference between criticism and being an asshole.

He definitely shouldn't change his job, he isn't the problem here.

He should not give them attention,he's mostly complaining about kids.

And the real vile people he wont shut down this way.

JRPGfan said:

I honestly do think DF has a slight bias towards Xbox.
I think you deserve to get critised if your work shows that (instances of bias).
DF make themselves out to be a trusthworthy source of pure technical analyses, and they arnt always.

Thats not to say its okay to harrash them on twitter.
However DF make a liveing off of fanning the flames of the console wars.

also this is twitter, you could say water is wet, and you would still have people get angry at you.

Then what will you do when they are biased towards Sony, or hell, NX gamer, who is most prominently biased towards Sony in general (he hardly keeps up to date with his PC hw and PC reviews even, which shows). 

I think this is more than just twitter. Console wars have always been a thing since marketing made it their business, but they've pretty much left that up to the fans, besides sprinkles of PR. 

I think it's stupid to bug DF on twitter, but I'm not going to think it of just being oone social media site or one group, it's littered on other sites like Era, Gaf, gamespot, and even on here. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JRPGfan said:
TomaTito said:

All is in the eye of the beholder:

That cow is just eating the grass on the other side that is tastier than what is on its side.

Its a dead cow.... it had a grusom death.

"all is in the eye of the beholder"

No its not, you litterally quoted my entire debate points (when someone asked me why I think DF was biased).
Then cut it out (ignored it), and instead of debateing the points in it.
You mocked with a meme.

Thats pretty darn clear cut.

Hope you had time to cool down and stop projecting your issues in my posts.

I deleted the entire quote because it was too long and slightly off topic. This thread is about how stupid the console wars are, yet you come in with 0.001% differences in performances. Who cares! There is already a thread for that. Just be happy you have the game to play. I assume you must really like COD since you want it to run the best on your console.

We know that Digital Foundry fuels the console wars, but you also partake in it by refuting their arguments and trying to debunk the statements which you don't like.

Anyways, enjoy your games!

Last edited by TomaTito - on 25 November 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

"Console wars would end if everyone would go PC" - Peh

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3