By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

There is a bug on the reply (Add comment) to a wall post feature. The 'Add' button is hiding. Looks like it's a simple fix though:

.add_comment_f_btn {

right: 73px (ELIMINATE THIS)

}

And then it is back where it belongs.

Around the Network

Thanks for the speed improvements, this is the most pressing issue. It is not optimal yet, but at this point it is definitely no longer a problem. If things get a bit snappier though, that would still be appreciated.

The forum avatar thing on the front page looks now great in my opinion. The forum-side of things has now a good ratio between text and images. The rest of the site still feels too much on the image side, but maybe I am just an old cranky man that hates nice pictures and wants to read.

EDIT: As I edited the post to separate the paragraphs: quick reply still has no paragraphs. Not a big issue and you probably are already aware.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 13 November 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

Definitely running a bit faster.

The avatars on the forums panel on the front page being smaller does help, but there should be an option to remove them.

I'm still having an issue where Quick Reply doesn't recognize paragraph breaks anymore. So, if I need to do anything that requires paragraph breaks, even if it's not a long post, I have to click the Reply button and do it that way. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I've generally used Quick Reply for image-free posts that I can knock out in a couple of minutes and don't feel the need to format.

Shadow1980 said:

Definitely running a bit faster.

The avatars on the forums panel on the front page being smaller does help, but there should be an option to remove them.

I'm still having an issue where Quick Reply doesn't recognize paragraph breaks anymore. So, if I need to do anything that requires paragraph breaks, even if it's not a long post, I have to click the Reply button and do it that way. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I've generally used Quick Reply for image-free posts that I can knock out in a couple of minutes and don't feel the need to format.

...mentioned it a few posts up - I'm aware of the bugs (in particular, quoting tree and quick reply), but I haven't yet started any bug-squashing work yet. Up till now, all works is strictly focused on performance updates only!!

I will get on the bug fixes, soon enough - a few more performance tweaks, and then I'll switch gears...

TalonMan said:

...mentioned it a few posts up - I'm aware of the bugs (in particular, quoting tree and quick reply), but I haven't yet started any bug-squashing work yet. Up till now, all works is strictly focused on performance updates only!!

I will get on the bug fixes, soon enough - a few more performance tweaks, and then I'll switch gears...

Whoops. Didn't see that. It probably helps if I read through the whole thread, huh?

Around the Network

Loading speeds much improved overall, though for some reason loading the messages page specifically is taking minutes. Just something I noticed but aren't too bothered by. Perhaps there's just work going on behind the scenes.

EricHiggin said:
Loading speeds much improved overall, though for some reason loading the messages page specifically is taking minutes. Just something I noticed but aren't too bothered by. Perhaps there's just work going on behind the scenes.

Firewall issue on the messages page... should be good now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

jlauro said:
EricHiggin said:

Firewall issue on the messages page... should be good now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Checked twice. Looks to be working and loads up quickly as per usual. No problem. You guys are on the ball!

Appreciate all the work that into the redesign. It took be a bit to start getting used to, but I'm liking it. Side note: My front page thread options keep reverting back to default (showing thread topics that I have deselected), until I click on an actual thread or topics and then it goes back to saved options.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

OhNoYouDont said:

There is a bug on the reply (Add comment) to a wall post feature. The 'Add' button is hiding. Looks like it's a simple fix though:

.add_comment_f_btn {

right: 73px (ELIMINATE THIS)

}

And then it is back where it belongs.

This appears to be working correctly for me - I have no such issue. Works correctly both on desktop and mobile, Chrome and FF.

Do you have a screenshot of what you're seeing? What browser are you using? Mobile/Desktop?