By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

jlauro said:
EricHiggin said:
Loading speeds much improved overall, though for some reason loading the messages page specifically is taking minutes. Just something I noticed but aren't too bothered by. Perhaps there's just work going on behind the scenes.

Firewall issue on the messages page... should be good now.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Checked twice. Looks to be working and loads up quickly as per usual. No problem. You guys are on the ball!

Around the Network

Appreciate all the work that into the redesign. It took be a bit to start getting used to, but I'm liking it. Side note: My front page thread options keep reverting back to default (showing thread topics that I have deselected), until I click on an actual thread or topics and then it goes back to saved options.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Not sure if this is the place where we are posting bugs, but on Chrome, Notifications aren't loading (infinite pinwheel) and the forums on the main page aren't correctly loading:

The notifications issue has been happening for at least the last day but this forum issue just started for me a few minutes ago.

sundin13 said:

Not sure if this is the place where we are posting bugs, but on Chrome, Notifications aren't loading (infinite pinwheel) and the forums on the main page aren't correctly loading:

The notifications issue has been happening for at least the last day but this forum issue just started for me a few minutes ago.

I have the same problems under Opera, which is also based on Chromium.

The problem with the notifications only shows up however if I want to check the notifications in a new tab, not the one I have open right now. No idea how that makes a difference (maybe looking for something it's expecting on the page that ain't there in a new one?), but did you try and check if there's a difference if you open up notifications in a new tab vs an existing one?

The one with the forum posts on the main page is also the same issue: pinned threads are showing up, but the rest is stuck in loading limbo. The last 2 days, it didn't show if there were any new posts - it actually looked like I was a new member with new written behind every thread and all grey, as if I hadn't read any of them yet, even if I just made the last post in that thread. Didn't mention it because I thought it was been worked upon, but looks like the porblem runs deeper than I thought.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

The problem with the notifications only shows up however if I want to check the notifications in a new tab, not the one I have open right now. No idea how that makes a difference (maybe looking for something it's expecting on the page that ain't there in a new one?), but did you try and check if there's a difference if you open up notifications in a new tab vs an existing one?

The one with the forum posts on the main page is also the same issue: pinned threads are showing up, but the rest is stuck in loading limbo. The last 2 days, it didn't show if there were any new posts - it actually looked like I was a new member with new written behind every thread and all grey, as if I hadn't read any of them yet, even if I just made the last post in that thread. Didn't mention it because I thought it was been worked upon, but looks like the porblem runs deeper than I thought.

I just tested the notifications thing and it is the same for me. Loads almost instantly in the same tab and pinwheels forever in a new tab. I guess I never open Notifications in the same tab, so I didn't realize there was a difference. 

As for the forum posts on the main page, they don't load if I come to the site just by typing the URL, but if I click the logo to load the main page, they start working.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I just tested the notifications thing and it is the same for me. Loads almost instantly in the same tab and pinwheels forever in a new tab. I guess I never open Notifications in the same tab, so I didn't realize there was a difference. 

As for the forum posts on the main page, they don't load if I come to the site just by typing the URL, but if I click the logo to load the main page, they start working.

I have no problem loading notifications in Chrome on Android.  

sundin13 said:

Just logged in to say I noticed this also with Firefox (specifically re: Main page Forums, where first 2 items load but then infinite pinwheel)

We need help cutting down those quote trees!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Last edited by TomaTito - on 17 November 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

We need help cutting down those quote trees!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Yeah it seems the quote-tree deletion code I made a few years ago was altered with the move. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

Signature goes here!

I can't tell if the total hardware graphs are related with the weekly charts right now. Before the layout change, there was a saying "as of November 7th" in the LT numbers, but now switch sold 500k+ in that week yet the total numbers are still 68.5M. The update was before the weekly numbers show off or you forgot to update?

We reap what we sow