By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

I can't tell if the total hardware graphs are related with the weekly charts right now. Before the layout change, there was a saying "as of November 7th" in the LT numbers, but now switch sold 500k+ in that week yet the total numbers are still 68.5M. The update was before the weekly numbers show off or you forgot to update?

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
I can't tell if the total hardware graphs are related with the weekly charts right now. Before the layout change, there was a saying "as of November 7th" in the LT numbers, but now switch sold 500k+ in that week yet the total numbers are still 68.5M. The update was before the weekly numbers show off or you forgot to update?

The hardware bar chart had updated with the latest figures automatically, while the weekly chart had broken with the transition to the redesign. It is all working now. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

TalonMan said:

@OhNoYouDont 

I accidentally hit the "Delete" button on your post, instead of "Reply (a little sleep-deprived here, so I apologize) - anyway, you were not imaging things it turned out we were looking at similar but different things. You were looking at the wall presented on the Home tab of the Profile, while I was looking at the wall listing on the Wall tab of the Profile. In the Wall tab it was working correctly - on the Home tab, it was not.

I fixed it, so you should be good on this...

...sorry again about the post delete.

Suggestion: Add a confirmation dialog to deleting posts. Since there's no confirmation dialog for replying, you're not used to clicking 'Yes' in every dialog, so it should actually help.

Zkuq said:
TalonMan said:

@OhNoYouDont 

I accidentally hit the "Delete" button on your post, instead of "Reply (a little sleep-deprived here, so I apologize) - anyway, you were not imaging things it turned out we were looking at similar but different things. You were looking at the wall presented on the Home tab of the Profile, while I was looking at the wall listing on the Wall tab of the Profile. In the Wall tab it was working correctly - on the Home tab, it was not.

I fixed it, so you should be good on this...

...sorry again about the post delete.

Suggestion: Add a confirmation dialog to deleting posts. Since there's no confirmation dialog for replying, you're not used to clicking 'Yes' in every dialog, so it should actually help.

I don't think I've used that Delete button once, in all my years on this site - I mean it!!! But yeah, any Delete should ALWAYS have a confimation dialog (I have never created a delete function for anything, that doesn't initiate a "Are you sure you want to do that?" type of message) - I'll add that to me 300+ list of items "to do"... 

Little note, if you got a notification that you got an answer for a post in one of the articles, the redirection to that article is broken, with a message that the page is not found:

See that little %20%20 at the end? Don't know where that comes from, but without it, the link would work just fine

Around the Network

Id rather the option to remove avatars from the thread section on the homepage. I'm sorry but its just too busy.Especially since this is the most active part of the site. I would assume UI friendliness would be more important .Id actually prefer if the thread title was a bigger font to the rest of the info. Still, it is an improvement over the original redesign.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Little note, if you got a notification that you got an answer for a post in one of the articles, the redirection to that article is broken, with a message that the page is not found:

See that little %20%20 at the end? Don't know where that comes from, but without it, the link would work just fine

@Ryuu96 @Machina

Can one of you add this to the sheet (assuming it's not already on it)? Thanks!!!

TalonMan said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

@Ryuu96 @Machina

Can one of you add this to the sheet (assuming it's not already on it)? Thanks!!!

Yep, already added - number 7 on the list.

I can't find any issues anymore, everything seems to be working properly. Awesome job, you guys! And still loving the changes.

TomaTito said:

We need help cutting down those quote trees!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Quote tree deletion is active again!

Signature goes here!