By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Redesign Update

Not sure if this is the place where we are posting bugs, but on Chrome, Notifications aren't loading (infinite pinwheel) and the forums on the main page aren't correctly loading:

The notifications issue has been happening for at least the last day but this forum issue just started for me a few minutes ago.



Around the Network
sundin13 said:

Not sure if this is the place where we are posting bugs, but on Chrome, Notifications aren't loading (infinite pinwheel) and the forums on the main page aren't correctly loading:

The notifications issue has been happening for at least the last day but this forum issue just started for me a few minutes ago.

I have the same problems under Opera, which is also based on Chromium.

The problem with the notifications only shows up however if I want to check the notifications in a new tab, not the one I have open right now. No idea how that makes a difference (maybe looking for something it's expecting on the page that ain't there in a new one?), but did you try and check if there's a difference if you open up notifications in a new tab vs an existing one?

The one with the forum posts on the main page is also the same issue: pinned threads are showing up, but the rest is stuck in loading limbo. The last 2 days, it didn't show if there were any new posts - it actually looked like I was a new member with new written behind every thread and all grey, as if I hadn't read any of them yet, even if I just made the last post in that thread. Didn't mention it because I thought it was been worked upon, but looks like the porblem runs deeper than I thought.



Bofferbrauer2 said:

I have the same problems under Opera, which is also based on Chromium.

The problem with the notifications only shows up however if I want to check the notifications in a new tab, not the one I have open right now. No idea how that makes a difference (maybe looking for something it's expecting on the page that ain't there in a new one?), but did you try and check if there's a difference if you open up notifications in a new tab vs an existing one?

The one with the forum posts on the main page is also the same issue: pinned threads are showing up, but the rest is stuck in loading limbo. The last 2 days, it didn't show if there were any new posts - it actually looked like I was a new member with new written behind every thread and all grey, as if I hadn't read any of them yet, even if I just made the last post in that thread. Didn't mention it because I thought it was been worked upon, but looks like the porblem runs deeper than I thought.

I just tested the notifications thing and it is the same for me. Loads almost instantly in the same tab and pinwheels forever in a new tab. I guess I never open Notifications in the same tab, so I didn't realize there was a difference. 

As for the forum posts on the main page, they don't load if I come to the site just by typing the URL, but if I click the logo to load the main page, they start working.



sundin13 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I have the same problems under Opera, which is also based on Chromium.

The problem with the notifications only shows up however if I want to check the notifications in a new tab, not the one I have open right now. No idea how that makes a difference (maybe looking for something it's expecting on the page that ain't there in a new one?), but did you try and check if there's a difference if you open up notifications in a new tab vs an existing one?

The one with the forum posts on the main page is also the same issue: pinned threads are showing up, but the rest is stuck in loading limbo. The last 2 days, it didn't show if there were any new posts - it actually looked like I was a new member with new written behind every thread and all grey, as if I hadn't read any of them yet, even if I just made the last post in that thread. Didn't mention it because I thought it was been worked upon, but looks like the porblem runs deeper than I thought.

I just tested the notifications thing and it is the same for me. Loads almost instantly in the same tab and pinwheels forever in a new tab. I guess I never open Notifications in the same tab, so I didn't realize there was a difference. 

As for the forum posts on the main page, they don't load if I come to the site just by typing the URL, but if I click the logo to load the main page, they start working.

I have no problem loading notifications in Chrome on Android.  



sundin13 said:

Not sure if this is the place where we are posting bugs, but on Chrome, Notifications aren't loading (infinite pinwheel) and the forums on the main page aren't correctly loading:

The notifications issue has been happening for at least the last day but this forum issue just started for me a few minutes ago.

Just logged in to say I noticed this also with Firefox (specifically re: Main page Forums, where first 2 items load but then infinite pinwheel)



Around the Network

Regarding the infinite loading: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9244169

Make sure you're on https for now.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 November 2020

@OhNoYouDont 

I accidentally hit the "Delete" button on your post, instead of "Reply (a little sleep-deprived here, so I apologize) - anyway, you were not imaging things it turned out we were looking at similar but different things. You were looking at the wall presented on the Home tab of the Profile, while I was looking at the wall listing on the Wall tab of the Profile. In the Wall tab it was working correctly - on the Home tab, it was not.

I fixed it, so you should be good on this...

...sorry again about the post delete.



We need help cutting down those quote trees!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Last edited by TomaTito - on 17 November 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

We need help cutting down those quote trees!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Yeah it seems the quote-tree deletion code I made a few years ago was altered with the move. I'll look into it as soon as possible.



Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
TomaTito said:

We need help cutting down those quote trees!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BPaOChXn6g

Yeah it seems the quote-tree deletion code I made a few years ago was altered with the move. I'll look into it as soon as possible.

Yeah - it was one of the very first things people pointed out, after the upgrade. I was going to look into it myself, but there were more pressing issues to deal with with at the time.

JLauro made the old code available, so I was going to do some comparisons and sort it out...